18. Warsaw
  19. Lawrence North
  20. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  21. Valparaiso 
  22. NorthWood
  23. Leo
  24. East Noble
  25. Gibson Southern

So you must be  taking BD over CG this week? 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I can get on board with this poll other than where you have Brownsburg. I think they're the best team in the state and beat Ben Davis 7 or 8 times out of 10. No disrespect toward the Giants, just one man's opinion. 

Got to prove it in the post season

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I can get on board with this poll other than where you have Brownsburg. I think they're the best team in the state and beat Ben Davis 7 or 8 times out of 10. No disrespect toward the Giants, just one man's opinion. 

Probably the other way around if you ask me. If BD hadn’t allowed a few bad plays that game wouldn’t have been that close. Coach Hart said it him self that they could not run the ball.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Yep.

I’m a believer.

I drove by EC’s stadium on Friday afternoon on my way to Cincinnati.  Got me psyched to watch them play Memorial at historic Enlow Stadium. And just like that it was over. IIRC 41-7 at the Half. Unreal. Their skill talent can compete with anyone in the state in open space. Can their OL handle a BD or CG D line?

like seeing Fishers in the Top 10. 7-4 but still very good. Khobie Martin was a heckuva RB. Good QB and Receivers as well.

• Like 1

I am excited for the 6A matchups and the 5A north matchup, sorry I just don't know much about the other levels of play...other than Northwood in 4A.

Westfield @ Cp. 

Center Grove @ Ben Davis

Merrillville @ Snider

I am expecting hard fought games in each of these competitions.  My knee jerk predictions on who wins are in bold. 

13 hours ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

Probably the other way around if you ask me. If BD hadn’t allowed a few bad plays that game wouldn’t have been that close. Coach Hart said it him self that they could not run the ball.

...hadn't allowed a few bad plays......perhaps the other team might have had something to do with that.....

Didn't Brownsburg main back have 161 yds on 25 carries and 3 TD's?  I understand they may have been some big runs, but those count as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

Tons of respect for Ben Davis. I just think Brownsburg was Indiana's best team. If Indiana had to go to battle against the other 49 states, Brownsburg would be my choice to represent. It happens, the best team doesn't always come out on top. I'll defer to some of the other posters on this one...........as long as they're not from Ben Davis or Brownsburg. Like I said, just one man's opinion. Ben Davis is certainly the real deal. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Tons of respect for Ben Davis. I just think Brownsburg was Indiana's best team. If Indiana had to go to battle against the other 49 states, Brownsburg would be my choice to represent. It happens, the best team doesn't always come out on top. I'll defer to some of the other posters on this one...........as long as they're not from Ben Davis or Brownsburg. Like I said, just one man's opinion. Ben Davis is certainly the real deal. 

I'm from Ben Davis and a "huge homer"...but I don't disagree. Brownsburg, Ben Davis and Center Grove all three are some of the best teams we've seen in Indiana in the 6A class. It's a shame they all are in the same geographic area. 

Just now, BDGiant93 said:

I'm from Ben Davis and a "huge homer"...but I don't disagree. Brownsburg, Ben Davis and Center Grove all three are some of the best teams we've seen in Indiana in the 6A class. It's a shame they all are in the same geographic area. 

Embrace it.  I like it.

1 minute ago, BDGiant93 said:

Those three are great representatives to what the state of Indiana has to offer. I'm still curious if some of the non Ben Davis and Brownsburg guys agree with me. Maybe I'm being too hard on the Giants. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Those three are great representatives to what the state of Indiana has to offer. I'm still curious if some of the non Ben Davis and Brownsburg guys agree with me. Maybe I'm being too hard on the Giants. 

Seeing Cathedral play Brownsburg, Center Grove, and Ben Davis this year, Brownsburg in my opinion was the best of the 3. They were very balanced both on the ground and through the air. This version of Center Grove isn't as good as some previous teams in my opinion but still good enough to win the next two weeks. Honestly expected more out of BD. Their defensive line was very good and gave Cathedral all sorts of problems but I wasn't wowed with their speed and offensive play-calling. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I am excited for the 6A matchups and the 5A north matchup, sorry I just don't know much about the other levels of play...other than Northwood in 4A.

Westfield @ Cp. 

Center Grove @ Ben Davis

Merrillville @ Snider

I am expecting hard fought games in each of these competitions.  My knee jerk predictions on who wins are in bold. 

I always enjoy seeing your posts. You call it like you see it. No sandbagging, like BTF Holtz, and you are honest about what you see

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I always enjoy seeing your posts. You call it like you see it. No sandbagging, like BTF Holtz, and you are honest about what you see

At least I'm in good company. If only I had his portfolio. 

11 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

...hadn't allowed a few bad plays......perhaps the other team might have had something to do with that.....

Didn't Brownsburg main back have 161 yds on 25 carries and 3 TD's?  I understand they may have been some big runs, but those count as well.

65 yard TD run 45 yard TD run and a 1 yard TD run. If you take away a the explosive plays he was averaging around 2 years a carry. I call that a win for the defense. Bad angles and missed tackles will happen when you play a great team and back look at the overall pictures it’s not like he was just gashing them all game long. 

11 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

IMG_3868.png

6 hours ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

65 yard TD run 45 yard TD run and a 1 yard TD run. If you take away a the explosive plays he was averaging around 2 years a carry. I call that a win for the defense. Bad angles and missed tackles will happen when you play a great team and back look at the overall pictures it’s not like he was just gashing them all game long. 

IMG_3868.png

Not discounting your quote. Sounds like BD made some nice adjustments at half. BB must not have…

I didn’t read entire quote…did Hart and his staff take any ownership?? 

BTW, don’t get to take away explosive plays. They count just as much as long drives. Much of the time, giving up big plays are killers. 

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1