Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship: Bishop Chatard (14-0) vs. Heritage Hills (13-1)

On 11/19/2023 at 6:53 AM, tango said:

This HH squad can throw the ball a little bit more than what I've seen in the past. The Goldsberry kid is explosive. Decent size in the trenches. I haven't seen either team enough to be able to anything more than a gut prediction as how this matchup might go though. BC sure looked good in the Cathedral game

How many Goldsberry's are there in Lincoln City seems like the last name Goldsberry has been around awhile (of course it could be my old mind playing tricks on me too).

BC looked real good just before halftime after @Lysander stuck his tongue to the fuse box to the lights at Arlington. Then looked even better the next morning at Chatard (the Palace not Broad Ripple's Field of Champions). He had to go and spoil all the fun of having more home games at Arlington. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tin Cup said:

Senior heavy.  Kinnett (RB), Guy (WR/S), Arteaga (QB), Feeney (LB/TE), Purichia (LB/RB), Keating (CB), Woods (OL/DL), Campbell (OL/DL).  I'm sure I'm missing some deserving names on here.  But lot of senior contributors.   Maybe 1-2 D1 commits.  Nobody that will wow the scouts, but a lot of solid players making a solid team.   

Is Purichia related to the fella that played for Cardinal Ritter in like 2010-2012? 

I went to Wabash with him and had a few classes.  Was a helluva player and I think had some state records for a bit. 

8 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

How many Goldsberry's are there in Lincoln City seems like the last name Goldsberry has been around awhile (of course it could be my old mind playing tricks on me too).

BC looked real good just before halftime after @Lysander stuck his tongue to the fuse box to the lights at Arlington. Then looked even better the next morning at Chatard (the Palace not Broad Ripple's Field of Champions). He had to go and spoil all the fun of having more home games at Arlington. 

Jett ('26) is the son of Jon Goldsberry ('00) who wrestled, played at Purdue as a FB/LB/ST. He then played for the Bills (and Bucs I think) in the NFL.

Jon's brother's name is Zach ('02). Was a starting E/CB on the 2000 team. He wrestled at UIndy.

Their father Tom was an amazing football player and track athlete at South Spencer in the late 70s/80s. He played in college too, but forgive me for not knowing the full bio.

Tom coached interior DL until Zach's senior year. He was a big teddy bear and one of "the favorite" personas and coaches during the Bob Clayton era. He sadly passed away about a decade ago, way too young, but with a lasting legacy. 

6 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Jett ('26) is the son of Jon Goldsberry ('00) who wrestled, played at Purdue as a FB/LB/ST. He then played for the Bills (and Bucs I think) in the NFL.

Jon's brother's name is Zach ('02). Was a starting E/CB on the 2000 team. He wrestled at UIndy.

Their father Tom was an amazing football player and track athlete at South Spencer in the late 70s/80s. He played in college too, but forgive me for not knowing the full bio.

Tom coached interior DL until Zach's senior year. He was a big teddy bear and one of "the favorite" personas and coaches during the Bob Clayton era. He sadly passed away about a decade ago, way too young, but with a lasting legacy. 

A little fun fact about Tom Goldsberry....he put a bunch of white catfish in my pond about 20 years (or so, probably longer) ago.  He was a great guy and is very missed in Spencer County.

Another name you will hear one of these days is Jett's little sister Gigi.  She came in 3rd (or 4th place) in the state middle school track meet in the 400--and she did it as a 6th grader.  When both your parents are D1 athletes...it doesn't hurt.

14 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Is Purichia related to the fella that played for Cardinal Ritter in like 2010-2012? 

I went to Wabash with him and had a few classes.  Was a helluva player and I think had some state records for a bit. 

I believe they are cousins - please correct me if I'm wrong

14 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The Purichia at Chatard is the younger brother of both Purichia's that played QB at Cardinal Ritter. I thought though one played at U of I and the other at Franklin for college. I will have to defer to @Cyoguru

11 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Thank you! I knew the last name sounded familiar. Love the name Jett also! 

6 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

A little fun fact about Tom Goldsberry....he put a bunch of white catfish in my pond about 20 years (or so, probably longer) ago.  He was a great guy and is very missed in Spencer County.

Another name you will hear one of these days is Jett's little sister Gigi.  She came in 3rd (or 4th place) in the state middle school track meet in the 400--and she did it as a 6th grader.  When both your parents are D1 athletes...it doesn't hurt.

Jon and Zach's "little" sister was a heck of an athlete too. Krista ('03), I believe, has a son who is a middle schooler also... I see her posting wrestling highlights quite a bit.

Credit their mother, Janice (Tom's widow), with running a daycare growing up in the 90s with a reputation of, "If you go to the Goldsberry's, you might come home with a few bruises, but you'll learn some basic wrestling moves."

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

The Purichia at Chatard is the younger brother of both Purichia's that played QB at Cardinal Ritter. I thought though one played at U of I and the other at Franklin for college. I will have to defer to @Cyoguru

Thank you! I knew the last name sounded familiar. Love the name Jett also! 

I’m realizing after checking back that I was mistaken.  I had classes with another notable player from those Ritter teams that makes everything I’ve said irrelevant…except for that Purichia and those Ritter teams were pretty dang good. 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You will see a lot of names of former Ritter stars at Chatard. Chatard has always competed well, but with the steady influx of west side kids coming in, I could easily see them in 5A on SF in the next couple of cycles. Ritter’s loss is Chatard’s gain. 

Yep... Ritter has long produced quality QBs... the Metalic's come to mind....large family....started for Purdue ... many moons ago....

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You will see a lot of names of former Ritter stars at Chatard. Chatard has always competed well, but with the steady influx of west side kids coming in, I could easily see them in 5A on SF in the next couple of cycles. Ritter’s loss is Chatard’s gain. 

Are some of those early 2000s players starting to field legacies on Chatard again? 

So, the attitude in Lincoln City is good and the attitude among the team is good.  They believe they can compete and believe they can win, which is necessary.  

As I think about this and the obstacles, I have a question for BC folks.  Do you have anyone playing both ways? I'm guessing your QB probably isn't also one of your leading tacklers.....

8 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

So, the attitude in Lincoln City is good and the attitude among the team is good.  They believe they can compete and believe they can win, which is necessary.  

As I think about this and the obstacles, I have a question for BC folks.  Do you have anyone playing both ways? I'm guessing your QB probably isn't also one of your leading tacklers.....

Only a receiver and lineman goes both ways for BC

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/2023-24 Football Preview.pdf

On 11/20/2023 at 3:55 PM, FastpacedO said:

You are correct Jake and Nick are Luke's older brothers. Jake St. Michael/Ritter/UIndy and Nick St. Michael/Ritter/Franklin. Luke is the first Purichia non QB in the family. Their father Vince is an Asst Coach at Chatard. 

• Like 1

Throw this up for giggles.....

S.gif
Heritage Hills Quarterback Club

3A State Championship

HH vs Bishop Chatard

dd440847-58fa-4dc6-ac09-497237229e3d.png
S.gif

Friday, November 24th

2:00 pm CST

@ Lucas Oil Stadium

S.gif
a7753fd1-c54a-4dc9-b79d-bc9d6f1e052f.png
S.gif

History Of The Matchup

Heritage Hills (13-1) @ Bishop Chatard (14-0)

Lucas Oil Stadium

Friday, November 24, 2023

2:00 pm CST KICKOFF

This is the 9th meeting between Heritage Hills and Indianapolis Chatard. The Trojans lead the overall series 7-1.

The first meeting between these two schools was in the 1997 Regional. The next 6 meetings were in the South Semistate and this will be their second meeting in the State Finals. Chatard beat the Patriots 34-3 in 2019 to win the State Championship.

Heritage Hills' lone victory in the series came in 2004. The Trojans came into that game as a heavy favorite and were the 3-time defending 3A state champions. In that 2004 game Chatard led 10-0 after the first quarter. The Patriots added a Jace Morrison field goal in the 2nd quarter and trailed 10-3 at halftime. The Patriots had a long time consuming drive that ate up the clock and tied it up with 2:29 remaining in the 3rd quarter that ended in a Bryce Pund 2-yard touchdown run.

Neither team was able to muster much offense in the 4th quarter before Jace Morrison kicked a 38-yard field goal with 8.3 seconds left to seal the Heritage Hills victory.

WE NEED YOU this Friday LOUD & PROUD!

BRING THE 12th MAN!

8cbaa6eb-c1f1-417e-b1ee-376930503d72.jpg
S.gif

Team Breakdowns

f524bbcb-e00f-457a-a0a1-d5e906694d99.jpg
S.gif
c3e36335-9950-46b6-aa00-ce27ff59dcee.jpg
S.gif

For The Record

S.gif

1997 - Chatard 24, Heritage Hills 21

2001 - Chatard 34, Heritage Hills 14

2002 - Chatard 35, Heritage Hills 28

2003 - Chatard 24, Heritage Hills 3

2004 - Heritage Hills 13, Chatard 10

2005 - Chatard 21, Heritage Hills 20 (OT)

2007 - Chatard 28, Heritage Hills 17

2019 - Chatard 34, Heritage Hills 3

S.gif

Ticket Information

S.gif
3234a061-cb2e-42e2-b5dc-e20879f7d447.png

The Heritage Hills High School Football team will travel to Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for the IHSAA 3A State Championship game vs. Indianapolis Bishop Chatard on Friday, November 24th with kickoff scheduled at 2:00 pm CST.

Tickets are $15 per person. Children age 5 and under are Free. All seats are General Admission. Per Lucas Oil Stadium policy, all ticket sales will be digital only; printed tickets will not be used.

Tickets can be purchased in three ways:

1. LUCAS OIL STADIUM TICKET OFFICE ADVANCE SALES: Mobile tickets may be purchased in advance at the Lucas Oil Stadium Ticket Office IN PERSON ONLY (no phone or online orders) Tues.-Fri. 9am-5pm EST with no additional fees being charged. Hours vary around a holiday. Please call 317-262-3389 to confirm office is open. Tickets will be sent to the purchaser’s smart phone. Checks are not accepted for payment, only credit cards (with photo ID matching the card).
  2. LUCAS OIL STADIUM TICKET OFFICE DAY OF EVENT SALES: On the day of the event, mobile tickets may be purchased only at the Southeast Ticket Office with no additional fees and will be sent to the purchaser’s smartphone. (No one will be permitted to enter until they have received the mobile ticket on their smartphone. Checks are not accepted for payment, only credit cards (with photo ID matching the card) or cash. The Ticket Office will open at 9:00 am EST on both Friday and Saturday.
  3. TICKETMASTER: Mobile tickets may be purchased in advance online through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com, or via the Ticketmaster mobile app. A per ticket fee of $5.60 and a per order fee of $5.60 will be charged by Ticketmaster in addition to the cost of the ticket. You must have, or set up, a Ticketmaster account to purchase tickets via Ticketmaster.

Use the following to locate the event on Ticketmaster:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/51st-annual-ihsaa-football-championships-friday-indianapolis-indiana-11-24-2023/event/05005F62A5352D52

Tickets purchased in advance can be transferred via email using a Ticketmaster account to someone else. (You must have a Ticketmaster account to transfer tickets via email.) Ticketmaster allows a maximum of 50 tickets per order.

S.gif

Can't Make The Game?

76979dd4-b49e-4d42-af15-064f38192536.png

21 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Chatard by 24

The recipe, that nobody has yet been able to fulfill, is grind out 3 yard runs, stay in front of the chains, milk the clock and protect the ball. Mix in an occasional safe pass and hope to pop a big play in the running game or in the return game. Finally, try to keep your players fresh. I realize that it is a big ask but it is’t impossible.

3 hours ago, Just a dad said:

The recipe, that nobody has yet been able to fulfill, is grind out 3 yard runs, stay in front of the chains, milk the clock and protect the ball. Mix in an occasional safe pass and hope to pop a big play in the running game or in the return game. Finally, try to keep your players fresh. I realize that it is a big ask but it is’t impossible.

As always it is about the line of scrimmage. With the exception of 2019, Heritage Hills has matched Chatard's line play since the 2001 game. 2002 was a turning point in the HH strength program...

Now, let's see if Heritage Hills has the Jimmies and Joes to contain the Trojans. I'm confident the coaching staff will have a scheme in place to possibly make some plays. Let's get it on!

Chatard beats you by not making mistakes and then exploiting your mistakes. Hoping for a clean game.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

As always it is about the line of scrimmage. With the exception of 2019, Heritage Hills has matched Chatard's line play since the 2001 game. 2002 was a turning point in the HH strength program...

Now, let's see if Heritage Hills has the Jimmies and Joes to contain the Trojans. I'm confident the coaching staff will have a scheme in place to possibly make some plays. Let's get it on!

Chatard beats you by not making mistakes and then exploiting your mistakes. Hoping for a clean game.

The Chatard/HH rivalry always struck me as similar to the battles we had with MD throughout the years. Only difference was our Parochial giant was in Sectional- yours semi-state (most years)