• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/18/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcgoo45

Super Bowl 50

16 posts in this topic

Congrats to Denver, its outstanding Defense, and Peyton Manning on the Super Bowl victory.

Most early critiques have focused on the ugly nature of the game offensively, I thought it was a brilliant defensive performance by both teams.  The speed and physical dominance on display was awesome to watch.  I am certainly biased, as an unapologetic Peyton Manning fanboy, but I really enjoyed watching these two defenses work.  While the game lacked the offensive fireworks many fans have come to expect, I thought is was a great reminder of how and why football is and will continue to be the ultimate team game.  Defense and Special Teams. To win it all, teams have to be great in the under-appreciated (at least in terms of media coverage) phases of the game, and last night Denver's Defense and Special Teams were outstanding.

Great way to end the season, and if it is his last rodeo, I am incredibly happy to see Manning be a part of history as the only Quarterback to win Super Bowls with two different teams.

Very well officiated game as well. I was laughing hysterically listening to the broadcast crew try to explain why the pass that was ruled incomplete on the field, challenged, and upheld was really complete. Everyone who listened to that lost about 10 points off their IQ.

I thought it was an "OK" game, both defenses are very very good there's no doubt about it. But, I also thought both QB's really played poorly at times--Cam for the majority of the game. His pocket presence seemed to be slim and none and he missed some pretty easy throws, especially early which I believe were due to nerves. I didn't pay much attention to the 2 weeks leading up to the game, but from what I did see it appeared to me that the Panthers were very relaxed and almost over-confident in preparation leading up to the game. Once the game started you could tell that they were never comfortable and never in rhythm, I would imagine a lot of that is due to the fact they had blown out their last few games and hadn't faced much adversity all year.

Very well officiated game as well. I was laughing hysterically listening to the broadcast crew try to explain why the pass that was ruled incomplete on the field, challenged, and upheld was really complete. Everyone who listened to that lost about 10 points off their IQ.

eh...splitting hairs, but i didn't think the game was officiated well...they allowed too much pushing and shoving after plays and let it spill over at times (ie Talib).  But overall, not awful.  Best games are when you forget the officials are even part of the contest.

I know its the NFL and all and they have no clue what a catch is, but they blew that call on Cotchery.  Look forward to your analysis on why it was correctly upheld.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2016/0201/Why-Super-Bowl-50-will-be-most-highly-guarded-sports-event-in-US-history

...The US Coast Guard will also create a maritime exclusion zone in the creek around the stadium, officials said.

lol, I guess terrorists! could drive a submarine or gunboat up this creek. BTW, here is a picture of said creek:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/San_Tomas_Aquino_Creek_and_Levi's_Stadium.JPG/220px-San_Tomas_Aquino_Creek_and_Levi's_Stadium.JPG

eh...splitting hairs, but i didn't think the game was officiated well...they allowed too much pushing and shoving after plays and let it spill over at times (ie Talib).  But overall, not awful.  Best games are when you forget the officials are even part of the contest.

I know its the NFL and all and they have no clue what a catch is, but they blew that call on Cotchery.  Look forward to your analysis on why it was correctly upheld.

You don't watch much on Sunday Regular season games do you?   I saw nothing that wasn't a norm on Every other Sunday, also, you have to expect that the AFC/NFC championship and Super Bowl games bring a bit more intensity.   No harm, No foul imo 

The pushing, shoving, jawing, etc., is not the fault of the game officials. They are given strict directives from the League office as to what they can penalize as far as that kind of stuff goes. Believe me, if the game officials had their way, you'd see a lot more flags for that kind of stuff.

As for the Cotchery play, that was clearly incomplete and I called it at the time. He did not control the ball when he went to the ground and, when he rolled over, his hand was on top of the ball, but the point of the ball touched the ground. At no time before that did he have control of the ball. In the NFL, and every other level of play, if the receiver is going to the ground with the ball, he has to maintain control throughout his contact with the ground. He didn't.

You don't watch much on Sunday Regular season games do you?   I saw nothing that wasn't a norm on Every other Sunday, also, you have to expect that the AFC/NFC championship and Super Bowl games bring a bit more intensity.   No harm, No foul imo

You couldn't be more incorrect. I do watch the regular season. No need for it at anytime. IMHO, anything defending it is excuses for such tolerated behavior.

The pushing, shoving, jawing, etc., is not the fault of the game officials. They are given strict directives from the League office as to what they can penalize as far as that kind of stuff goes. Believe me, if the game officials had their way, you'd see a lot more flags for that kind of stuff.

As for the Cotchery play, that was clearly incomplete and I called it at the time. He did not control the ball when he went to the ground and, when he rolled over, his hand was on top of the ball, but the point of the ball touched the ground. At no time before that did he have control of the ball. In the NFL, and every other level of play, if the receiver is going to the ground with the ball, he has to maintain control throughout his contact with the ground. He didn't.

Agreed on first paragraph. The angles I saw the ball never touched the ground. I'm presuming we saw the same angles.

He only has to maintain control if lands out of bounds. In the middle of the field it just can't touch the ground. I saw the possible touching when he first hit the ground (tip of the ball) and that's when the ball jumped from one hand to the other. When he rolled over I though the kept the ball off the ground. I thought it was a catch, but I understood why it was not overturned. It wasn't obviously wrong because of the doubt of the first touching and possibly the second based on your observations. With those doubts it's not obviously wrong so leave it with the call on the field. This is one that if ruled a catch would have stood as well. Not all plays have a black/white right or wrong.

There wasn't any "inconclusive evidence" that it was a catch. That's what it all boils down to.

I was really confused on what they saw on that play. I thought everything about CBS production of the game was pretty terrible. Phil Simms, Jim Nantz, and Mike Carey all have got to go in my opinion.

GB

Lord knows I agree with that GB...I can't stand listening to Phil Simms. Nantz is "ok" but I'll take Mike Tirico over both of them any day

Also, don't forget about Jay Feely who was oh so helpful during the broadcast in explaining that the missed field goal was "due to wind"...

Nantz might be better if he was paired with someone else but I still feel his best days as a broadcaster are behind him.

I forgot about Feely. Lol

GB

I was really confused on what they saw on that play. I thought everything about CBS production of the game was pretty terrible. Phil Simms, Jim Nantz, and Mike Carey all have got to go in my opinion.

GB

I know Nantz may have been preoccupied a bit (he said he is a new father as of SB week), but he called Denver RB Carson, not Anderson. My my my.

I cannot think of a CBS team that I enjoy listening to for a game; Dick Enberg, where are you? :) I am not a fan of the pregame show either; I cannot really point to one reason why. I do wish JB was back with the Fox pre game, they had great chemistry. It's crazy because CBS does a great job covering college football.

I cannot think of a CBS team that I enjoy listening to for a game; Dick Enberg, where are you? :) I am not a fan of the pregame show either; I cannot really point to one reason why.

My spouse thinks Tony Gonzalez is "easy on the eyes", as is Howie Long over on Fox.