Jump to content
Rodney

And your 2019 state champions are

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, NPCougarNation said:

WEBO and North Vermillion aren't as strong as they seem.....Pioneer and South Adams will probably stop them this year....just ask North Vermillion about Pioneer....

I just made new predictions in the post above yours.  The predictions you quoted were my preseason predictions I made before week 1.  I do agree with you about North Vermillion now after seeing their result against Linton-Stockton.  I think North Vermillion’s conference and sectional is a toss-up between them and Parke Heritage.  I now have South Adams winning class 1A.  I still think Western Boone is the best team in class 2A.  They took their foot off the gas pedal and blew a big lead against a good class 4A Western team and only lost by 1 point.  I think that’s the only time Western Boone loses this season.

Edited by LC_Bears_04
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

I haven't said anything yet. My Class 6A pick will be: Warren Central over Carmel. I have a good feeling about the Warriors. The state's largest football class hasn't had a repeat Champion since 2006.

I agree with Carmel, but I can’t see WC making it past CG or Avon in the tournament IMO. With Carson Steele set to be back this week or next, I think that they’re going to go on a tear. Avon is looking like a very dangerous team right now. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Edited by cg_holmeaid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I agree with Carmel, but I can’t see WC making it past CG or Avon in the tournament IMO. With Carson Steele set to be back this week or next, I think that they’re going to go on a tear. Avon is looking like a very dangerous team right now. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Agreed, but I also believe CG is better than WC with or without Steele.  They gave away the opener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I agree with Carmel, but I can’t see WC making it past CG or Avon in the tournament IMO. With Carson Steele set to be back this week or next, I think that they’re going to go on a tear. Avon is looking like a very dangerous team right now. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I am hearing that Steele won't be back until October 11th against Lawrence North.  Precautionary reasons kind of like how the Irish did with Markese Stepp.  Carson is going to have a great career at the next level and now that CG has other backs that can help lessen his workload, I think keeping him out longer is a smart play on the Trojan staff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

I am hearing that Steele won't be back until October 11th against Lawrence North.  Precautionary reasons kind of like how the Irish did with Markese Stepp.  Carson is going to have a great career at the next level and now that CG has other backs that can help lessen his workload, I think keeping him out longer is a smart play on the Trojan staff.  

Agreed, don’t want to rush him into something that his body isn’t ready for yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Antonio Browns Alter Ego said:

6a: Warren central over Carmel

5a: New Pal over Cathedral

4a: Marion over Moorseville 

3a: Chatard over Southridge

2a: Scecina over Pioneer

1a: have bias so not picking this class

So what you're saying is, in 5A they will award the champion in one of the South Regional Finals?  Haha, no disrespect.  Cathedral vs New Pal would be a regional match up if they both win their sectional.  Sounding like Valpo is the favorite to come out of the North as of right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Agreed, don’t want to rush him into something that his body isn’t ready for yet. 

Is he a Junior or Senior? Either way, he's been thee forever it feels like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Is he a Junior or Senior? Either way, he's been thee forever it feels like

He’s a junior, feels like he’s been there for 10 years now 😂😂

Edited by cg_holmeaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

So what you're saying is, in 5A they will award the champion in one of the South Regional Finals?  Haha, no disrespect.  Cathedral vs New Pal would be a regional match up if they both win their sectional.  Sounding like Valpo is the favorite to come out of the North as of right now.

I miscounted the sectionals and made a mistake. I would agree the winner ofNew Pal vs Cathedral would face Valpo at state 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

So what you're saying is, in 5A they will award the champion in one of the South Regional Finals?  Haha, no disrespect.  Cathedral vs New Pal would be a regional match up if they both win their sectional.  Sounding like Valpo is the favorite to come out of the North as of right now.

I miscounted the sectionals and made a mistake. I would agree the winner ofNew Pal vs Cathedral would face Valpo at state 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Sounding like Valpo is the favorite to come out of the North as of right now.

If they are, it's slight. Don't discount Dwenger because they lost to Homestead. As I said before, Dwenger could go 6-3 in the SAC and still the team to beat in the north. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Agreed, but I also believe CG is better than WC with or without Steele.  They gave away the opener.

Sigh. I guess Warren should just pack it in for the rest of the season because there's no chance for them because they can't beat Center Grove without Center Grove giving them the game.

Teams grow. Warren is a lot better now (and only getting better) since that opener, and whether they were "given" the game or not, they still won it. 

13 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I agree with Carmel, but I can’t see WC making it past CG or Avon in the tournament IMO. With Carson Steele set to be back this week or next, I think that they’re going to go on a tear. Avon is looking like a very dangerous team right now. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Fun fact: Warren is also allowed to get better too (and they have). Great defense with an offense that's starting to put it together. I wouldn't exactly write them off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

Sigh. I guess Warren should just pack it in for the rest of the season because there's no chance for them because they can't beat Center Grove without Center Grove giving them the game.

Teams grow. Warren is a lot better now (and only getting better) since that opener, and whether they were "given" the game or not, they still won it. 

Fun fact: Warren is also allowed to get better too (and they have). Great defense with an offense that's starting to put it together. I wouldn't exactly write them off. 

So sensitive,  no one is writing them off.  Warren is clearly very good.  Some are just of the opinion that there are better teams out there.  Fun fact: other teams besides Warren are also allowed to get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

Sigh. I guess Warren should just pack it in for the rest of the season because there's no chance for them because they can't beat Center Grove without Center Grove giving them the game.

Teams grow. Warren is a lot better now (and only getting better) since that opener, and whether they were "given" the game or not, they still won it. 

Fun fact: Warren is also allowed to get better too (and they have). Great defense with an offense that's starting to put it together. I wouldn't exactly write them off. 

Gotta love it when someone gets “butt hurt” and twists words in a PREDICTION thread where their team is not picked to win it all...🙄

At least he didn’t drop the “disrespect” card...yet.

You’re reaching here @WarrenGrad12.

Everyone knows Warren is a contender.  You don’t need to remind us.

Edited by Temptation
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Agreed, but I also believe CG is better than WC with or without Steele.  They gave away the opener.

The argument could also be made that CG usually "improves" more than Warren based on history (though a small sample size).

2015:

Regular Season:  CG beats Warren 42-38

Playoffs:  CG beats Warren 24-13

 

2016: 

Regular Season:  Warren beats CG 21-16

Playoffs:  CG beats Warren 28-7

 

2018:

Regular Season:  Warren beats CG 27-15

Playoffs:  Warren beats CG 27-20

 

Different teams with different players I know, but same coaches.  So his projection isn't completely unwarranted...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BTF said:

If they are, it's slight. Don't discount Dwenger because they lost to Homestead. As I said before, Dwenger could go 6-3 in the SAC and still the team to beat in the north. 

Yes, I keep forgetting that Dwenger is in 5A now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 12:20 AM, LC_Bears_04 said:

I just made new predictions in the post above yours.  The predictions you quoted were my preseason predictions I made before week 1.  I do agree with you about North Vermillion now after seeing their result against Linton-Stockton.  I think North Vermillion’s conference and sectional is a toss-up between them and Parke Heritage.  I now have South Adams winning class 1A.  I still think Western Boone is the best team in class 2A.  They took their foot off the gas pedal and blew a big lead against a good class 4A Western team and only lost by 1 point.  I think that’s the only time Western Boone loses this season.

I would agree with this as well. It pains this Flying Jet to say it, but Starfires are the team to beat. It sucks because we have had 2 or 3 similar teams recently and ran into Pioneer's dominance. Before that we ran into Sheridan's run. Looks like the Starfires found the right year or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Yes, I keep forgetting that Dwenger is in 5A now.

In my opinion, Valpo is a slight favorite over Dwenger. But after playing Homestead, Carroll, and Snider, I think the Saints will be battle tested enough to carry them to Lucas. Those four teams might be Top 20 regardless of class. I'm not sure the SAC could ever say that in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Temptation said:

Gotta love it when someone gets “butt hurt” and twists words in a PREDICTION thread where their team is not picked to win it all...🙄

At least he didn’t drop the “disrespect” card...yet.

You’re reaching here @WarrenGrad12.

Everyone knows Warren is a contender.  You don’t need to remind us.

Last I checked Warren is #1 in most if not all of the polls, so that’s pretty good respect right there. And, all this talk about Avon but I watched a darn good Brownsburg team that was just a play or 2 away from winning last Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Last I checked Warren is #1 in most if not all of the polls, so that’s pretty good respect right there. And, all this talk about Avon but I watched a darn good Brownsburg team that was just a play or 2 away from winning last Friday. 

Anything to garner “fake outrage” and secure “fake bulletin board material.”

Its 2019 alright...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 4:54 AM, Ultimate Warrior said:

What's Luers like? Their sag rating seems a little low from what they usually are. 

It was discussed in at least one thread regarding Homestead. Sagarin can't properly calculate the Fort Wayne teams because they don't have any non-conference games. 10 teams in the conference and they all play each other. Homestead, Snider, Dwenger, and Carroll should all be in the top 25 and maybe Homestead and Dwenger in the top 15. I saw where one poster said it uses like the last 9 weeks of last year. However,  I don't know how this would be true as Dwenger won state and Luers had a good showing as well. So don't look at Sagarin to judge Fort Wayne SAC teams.

 

Anyways back to your question about Luers. They are not anywhere near as good as they were last year. Last year they were 5-4 in the SAC and lost to eventual 3A state champion West Lafayette in semi state, a game which Luers was up 14-0 at half btw. Yes, the field was in shit condition and that might not have happened in normal conditions but who knows. I don't see them competing in 2A this year even though it seems like when they were in 2A they would go on to win the state championship more than half of the time. This team just lost too much from last year. At most they finish at 2-7 in the SAC and possibly 1-8.

I looked at their sectional and I think they will win that but not advance any further. You can never count them out of a 2A state title but it would surprise me this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, Antonio Browns Alter Ego said:

6a: Warren central over Carmel

5a: New Pal over Cathedral

4a: Marion over Moorseville 

3a: Chatard over Southridge

2a: Scecina over Pioneer

1a: have bias so not picking this class

Southridge is interesting as they now sit at 5-0, but most of the pub has gone to GS and HH who play this weekend. Chances are the two LOS teams in 3A will be Sectional 28 vs. Sectional 32. You never know though as other teams certainly will have their say (i.e. Marian, Knox, Edgewood, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Southridge is interesting as they now sit at 5-0, but most of the pub has gone to GS and HH who play this weekend. Chances are the two LOS teams in 3A will be Sectional 28 vs. Sectional 32. You never know though as other teams certainly will have their say (i.e. Marian, Knox, Edgewood, etc.).

I wouldn’t count out Brownstown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...