Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 NFL Draft Picks From Indiana HS Football

I'm counting 4 while looking through the draft trackers. Let me know if I missed anyone.

• Round 2 Pick 39: Braden Fiske, DL, Michigan City > Western Michigan > Florida State > Rams
  • Round 2 Pick 59: Blake Fishers, OL, Avon > Notre Dame > Texans
  • Round 4 Pick 129: Isaac Guerendo, RB, Avon > Wisconsin > Louisville > 49'ers
  • Round 5 PIck 166: Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB, Decatur Central > Iowa > Purdue > Giants
Edited by Boilernation

4 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I'm counting 4 while looking through the draft trackers. Let me know if I missed anyone.

• Round 2 Pick 39: Braden Fiske, DL, Michigan City > Western Michigan > Florida State > Rams
  • Round 2 Pick 59: Blake Fishers, OL, Avon > Notre Dame > Texans
  • Round 4 Pick 129: Isaac Guerendo, RB, Avon > Wisconsin > Louisville > 49'ers
  • Round 5 PIck 166: Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB, Decatur Central > Iowa > Purdue > Giants

Round 5 Pick 144: Austin Booker, Edge>Center Grove>Minnesota>Kansas>Bears

Free Agent: Carson Steele, RB, Center Grove>Ball State>UCLA>Chiefs

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Round 6 Pick 207: Michael Jerrell, OL > Pike > Findlay > Seahawks

• Like 2

Honest question, at what point does Indiana no longer become a basketball state and become a football state? There was one player from last year's NBA draft from Indiana. Although I'm not sure if there were other Hoosiers who ended up going to some other academy/etc. that is out of state. Does anyone have some good data on D1 recruits for basketball vs football and also professional player numbers? I've done some googling, but nothing too deep. 

I know historically Indiana is unquestionably a basketball state, but how does that compare to the last 20 years? 10 years?

9 minutes ago, Hemmick said:

Honest question, at what point does Indiana no longer become a basketball state and become a football state? There was one player from last year's NBA draft from Indiana. Although I'm not sure if there were other Hoosiers who ended up going to some other academy/etc. that is out of state. Does anyone have some good data on D1 recruits for basketball vs football and also professional player numbers? I've done some googling, but nothing too deep. 

I know historically Indiana is unquestionably a basketball state, but how does that compare to the last 20 years? 10 years?

You would have to admit this is a false equivalency though correct?  With the sheer size of rosters and number of rounds in the NFL draft compared to the NBA, its an apples to oranges comparison.

I am not saying your statement is wrong, but how you are choosing to support your statement is.

Just my two cents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mini- Camp invites:

LB Logan Blake, Tri-West / Marian University / Eastern Kentucky / Saints & Packers mini camp invite 

LS/LB Clayton Coll, Tri-West & Franklin Community / Ball State / Bronchos mini camp invite

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 6:15 PM, Bash Riprock said:

I missed the guy the beloved Bears took! He has a solid chance fo immediate PT. Montez Sweat is the only Edge the Bears have returning. I wasn't aware Steele entered the Draft. I'm surprised he didn't at least get a late round pick considering his size and strength as a short down back/receiver. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I missed the guy the beloved Bears took! He has a solid chance fo immediate PT. Montez Sweat is the only Edge the Bears have returning. I wasn't aware Steele entered the Draft. I'm surprised he didn't at least get a late round pick considering his size and strength as a short down back/receiver. 

Booker has incredible potential....very athletic and really had an excellent season with Kansas last year...All conference 1st team.  Not that many snaps in college with his first season being a redshirt, and he left after his 3rd season.  My guess is that the Bears will put some extra weight on him, but the upside potential is strong.

Carson was projected late round pick or an early FA signing.  He was signed immediately after the draft as there were a number of teams that had already met with him and had their eyes on him.  Really like his chances, especially with a passing offense as he can catch the ball out of the backfield and get those shoulders turned up the field quickly.  Will be an excellent option in short yardage and goal line situations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hemmick said:

Thirty years ago it was common for the State of Indiana to send between 4-6 teams to the NCAA tournament. Nowadays, the bar seems to be 3 or 4. 

About 10 years ago, Pat Knight (currently an NBA scout), said there's "just something different about a kid from Indiana.........the way he plays and the overall basketball IQ." 

I believe, just as recently as 4 or 5 years ago, Indiana had about 4 kid ranked in the recruiting Top 100. 

Take it for what it's worth, but it does seem like the rest of the country has caught up. 

In my opinion Braden Fiske is going to be a beast. Size, athleticism, experience. You name is he has it. He won’t be Aaron Donald he but has a chance to be a more than solid replacement. My Bengals should have traded up to get him instead we are stuck with another futile Michigan defender.

10 hours ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

In my opinion Braden Fiske is going to be a beast. Size, athleticism, experience. You name is he has it. He won’t be Aaron Donald he but has a chance to be a more than solid replacement.

Totally agree. 

I remember watching Mevis some years ago...it was pouring rain during the game and while all the players were in for halftime, he was on the field the entire time kicking 40 plus yards in terrible weather.  And if i remember correctly...Warsaw had another kicker right beside him doing the exact same thing.

2 hours ago, 00NWP said:

I remember watching Mevis some years ago...it was pouring rain during the game and while all the players were in for halftime, he was on the field the entire time kicking 40 plus yards in terrible weather.  And if i remember correctly...Warsaw had another kicker right beside him doing the exact same thing.

Warsaw has had almost 2 decades of really good kickers - I may be missing one or two, but off the top of my head, I can remember the following kickers in the last 20 years that have gone on to play at the collegiate level:

Jeremy Sharp - Rose-Hulman
Jordan Quiroz - Butler
Jake Rogers - Cincinnati (made it to the final cut in 2 or 3 NFL preseasons, but never made an NFL roster)
Matt Franco - Indianapolis (I think he played on the Greyhound soccer team too - or maybe he only played soccer in college)
Andrew Mevis - Fordham / Iowa State (was cut by Jacksonville Jaguars during training camp and has bounced around the UFL and IFL)
Harrison Mevis - Missouri (currently signed by the Carolina Panthers)
Mason Smythe - current Warsaw kicker that will most likely go D1

8 kickers in 20ish years of football going on to play at the collegiate level, 3 at the D1 level and another likely headed that direction is honestly pretty crazy when you think about it.

• Like 1