Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential Dark Horses By Class

6 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Oh I thought someone said you were.  I'm interested in Arizona myself, but looking at Tucson.  Spent a week out there a few years back and fell in love with it.  As far as 115 degree temps?  That's why they have air conditioning.  LOL  You play golf early in the morning or in the evening to keep from getting fried.  I found it amusing they keep the grocery stores open until like midnight so people can shop when it's cooler.  I like the fact they have 320 days of sunshine per year.  Besides, there's none of that nasty humidity to deal with.

Its just too damn hot.  Its even too hot to use your pool most days.  Why spend 300K for a beautiful ranch home with a pool and not be able to use it because its too hot?  LOL  I go to spring training and get my fill of AZ

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed. I would retire to Minnesota (land of 1k lakes!) before Arizona.  My spouse suggests Tennessee but even that is to hot/muggy.  I'm not yet tired of snow and actual winter weather.

I keep hearing that people want to reture to Tennessee or North Carolina   I dont get it.

What is there to do in TN , outside of Nashville?   

NC has some of the worst weather in the country.  Hugely overrated state.

1 minute ago, DT said:

I keep hearing that people want to reture to Tennessee or North Carolina   I dont get it.

What is there to do in TN , outside of Nashville?   

NC has some of the worst weather in the country.  Hugely overrated state.

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm

Truth be told, I could probably lose myself here for a long while.  Just not in the heat of the summer.

31 minutes ago, DT said:

Its just too damn hot.  Its even too hot to use your pool most days.  Why spend 300K for a beautiful ranch home with a pool and not be able to use it because its too hot?  LOL  I go to spring training and get my fill of AZ

So swim at night.  LOL  The one thing bad about Tucson is that personal crime is high.  Lots of break in's if you don't live in a gated community.  I'm looking at property in the foothills.  Not quite as hot as on the valley floor.  They do get more snow there (foothills) in the "winter", but that's okay.  A few weeks a year isn't that bad considering I've lived in the Aleutian Islands and in Iceland so I think I can deal with a few inches for a few weeks.  LOL

34 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed. I would retire to Minnesota (land of 1k lakes!) before Arizona.  My spouse suggests Tennessee but even that is to hot/muggy.  I'm not yet tired of snow and actual winter weather.

Lol. Winter in Indiana is completely different than MN Wisconsin and the UP. 

Do it like many Wisconsinites and Minnesotans have for years....waterfront up here from May to November....down south in Florida/Georgia/Arizona from November to May.

people in Indiana like to say they like the winter until they have to deal with snow in April, daily highs that are in the negatives and shoveling snow as a ritual morning routine. Lol. Shoot this past winter my brother was complaining about how there was the really cold day of -22 windchill....I had to tell him that it was -24 degrees actual temp and the wind chill was -55....and I still had to go work on a new home being built. 

trust me. Summer home up here on a lake. Low humidity...70s 80s. Then book it south for winter and stay above 30 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 minute ago, itiswhatitis said:

So swim at night.  LOL  The one thing bad about Tucson is that personal crime is high.  Lots of break in's if you don't live in a gated community.  I'm looking at property in the foothills.  Not quite as hot as on the valley floor.  They do get more snow there (foothills) in the "winter", but that's okay.  A few weeks a year isn't that bad considering I've lived in the Aleutian Islands and in Iceland so I think I can deal with a few inches for a few weeks.  LOL

My brother in law lives in Las Cruces NM.  6 hours from Tuscon.  Much better weather and no crime.  

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

people in Indiana like to say they like the winter until they have to deal with snow in April, daily highs that are in the negatives and shoveling snow as a ritual morning routine.

I lives in northern Michigan, but not the UP, for over 8 years.  I know somewhat about winters are like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

My brother in law lives in Las Cruces NM.  6 hours from Tuscon.  Much better weather and no crime.  

Been to New Mexico and it's okay, but I prefer Arizona.  Lots more to do in Arizona than in New Mexico.  Don't know if I could switch from the B1G to the PAC- 12 though. 

2 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Is Central still leading the SIAC in penalty yards this season? 

Good question.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Muda, your the only TEN I SEE 

HEY YO!!!

I hear Bampf Cananda is real nice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Luers in 2a

I would like to see them make a run. In years past when they had a losing record in SAC due to L's to the conference bigs they were somewhat competitive. This year they had (0) points against  the big 4 in the conference; Carroll, Snider, Homestead & Dwenger. I just don't think they have much of any talent this year to make run past sectional this year. I'll be pulling for them though !!

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Lol. Winter in Indiana is completely different than MN Wisconsin and the UP. 

Do it like many Wisconsinites and Minnesotans have for years....waterfront up here from May to November....down south in Florida/Georgia/Arizona from November to May.

people in Indiana like to say they like the winter until they have to deal with snow in April, daily highs that are in the negatives and shoveling snow as a ritual morning routine. Lol. Shoot this past winter my brother was complaining about how there was the really cold day of -22 windchill....I had to tell him that it was -24 degrees actual temp and the wind chill was -55....and I still had to go work on a new home being built. 

trust me. Summer home up here on a lake. Low humidity...70s 80s. Then book it south for winter and stay above 30 

My wife’s wanting Wisconsin.  I like the Carolinas, who knows what will happen...

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Muda, your the only TEN I SEE 

HEY YO!!!

I hear Bampf Cananda is real nice

Banff is great!

22 minutes ago, Gipper said:

My wife’s wanting Wisconsin.  I like the Carolinas, who knows what will happen...

Banff is great!

I personally love North Carolina.  Great state.  Actually have 2 uncles who recently moved out there separately and both speak highly of their areas. 1 is in the Raleigh area the other is in Winston Salem.

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I personally love North Carolina.  Great state.  Actually have 2 uncles who recently moved out there separately and both speak highly of their areas. 1 is in the Raleigh area the other is in Winston Salem.

I like the Raleigh area myself, two hours from both the beaches and mountains.  The Cape Fear area around Wilmington is also great.  In SC, I like Pawleys Island.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I like the Raleigh area myself, two hours from both the beaches and mountains.  The Cape Fear area around Wilmington is also great.  In SC, I like Pawleys Island.

Literally the same thing i have been told by my uncle in Raleigh.  Plenty of nice suburbs being built there too

10 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

How about East Noble in 4a that no one seems to talk about ever. That's a scary team in Kendallville...As for my Luers knights it's gonna be though winning sectional. Never count a bad record Luers team down and out though. 

I picked them in the @Temptation contest he is running 

• Like 1