Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Time to fix the broken 6A tournament

Guest DT

9 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

So, my question,   What happens if this got passed, and you end up with 2 MIC 6A Champs, because according to your breakdown,  that is probably exactly what would happen.

SO then it would be,  well the MIC cant play anymore, because they win all the time.

Not bashing the idea, just a thought.

Apparently my approach is a bit too harsh for this forum.

I will just watch and observe.

7 hours ago, djbowzz said:

To do 4 games in a day the first game would have to start at 8am or the last game start at 11pm midnight...  That would be the first strike against this idea...

Don't think you need 5 hours between games. Now they have roughly 3.5 hours between games. So you could do 9, 12:30, 4 and 7:30, or something close to that.

33 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

So, my question,   What happens if this got passed, and you end up with 2 MIC 6A Champs, because according to your breakdown,  that is probably exactly what would happen.

SO then it would be,  well the MIC cant play anymore, because they win all the time.

They would just have to exclude the MIC from the tourney so other schools can have a chance to win. Wait a sec, did I just say that?? Or just have a MIC state tourney and then a "loser" bracket championship tourney. 

2 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

What am I missing here? Who are you implying would win that division? 

22 minutes ago, Grover said:

Center Grove would dominate the second division.

Even new pal loses occasionally. 50% could be seen as dominant ..I get it..would success factor come into play? Tons of talent out there for programs that teeter between 5a/6a.

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error

Simple rule in coaches terms:  Just get better!!!!

We don't need more classes or divisions.  Just get Better!!!!  

Coaches have learned to coach the cards (Athletes) they have been dealt.  So:  Just Get Better!!!!

A simple fix would be to give every school a state championship trophy at the end of the season!!!!  Oh, that's to much little league or soccer or whatever sport.  Just Get BETTER!!!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CoachSnyder said:

Simple rule in coaches terms:  Just get better!!!!

We don't need more classes or divisions.  Just get Better!!!!  

Coaches have learned to coach the cards (Athletes) they have been dealt.  So:  Just Get Better!!!!

A simple fix would be to give every school a state championship trophy at the end of the season!!!!  Oh, that's to much little league or soccer or whatever sport.  Just Get BETTER!!!!

Blockhead football coach

Can't see the logic 

Just get better Southport, even though Carmel has 3500 more students than you do

This is why coaches are usually also Phys Ed teachers

Edited by DT

12 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

So be it

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

How would they dominate Division 2 with the 16th largest enrollment in the state?

CG is right on the edge of 16-17.  They could go either way.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

CG is right on the edge of 16-17.  They could go either way.  

But currently they are 6A Division 1 enrollment. If they did bump down, maybe they do dominate for 2 years. Then they bump back up. Class 6a is a joke in it's current state. An enrollment range of 1900-5000! How can anyone not see the problem here? I know it's fun to thump your chest and claim "were the best." But do it in your own weight class. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

But currently they are 6A Division 1 enrollment. If they did bump down, maybe they do dominate for 2 years. Then they bump back up. Class 6a is a joke in it's current state. An enrollment range of 1900-5000! How can anyone not see the problem here? I know it's fun to thump your chest and claim "were the best." But do it in your own weight class. 

I like this 2 class 6A format.   Oklahoma has it right.   We can squeeze in 4 games on Friday.  

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Class 6a is a joke in it's current state. An enrollment range of 1900-5000! How can anyone not see the problem here?

So if it is split in half (again) you are left with 2600-5400.  Other than taking the biggest schools out of your team's division does that fix anything?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grover said:

So if it is split in half (again) you are left with 2600-5400.  Other than taking the biggest schools out of your team's division does that fix anything?

I think it does.  It opens up the potential for post season success for a whole new group of schools.  And we will see some new matchups in Division 2 that we have not seen before.  

I don't see CG having a cakewalk every year if they fall to 6A Division 2.  There are a lot of good programs in that group.  

9 minutes ago, Grover said:

It makes it better. A school that ranks 17-32 winning the state championship is a once in a decade occurrence. And we all know that enrollment is, by far, the main reason. 

10 minutes ago, Grover said:

Are you generalizing? Or are you referring to my team being Snider? I've always been an advocate of Snider staying up in the biggest class. Bumping them down just weakens the north overall. I've spent years watching Snider rumble with Penn, Carmel, and a few others in the MIC. The win in 1992 was special. Now, some might contend that Snider's not the same as it was in the 80's and 90's with many white collar families moving to Carroll and Homestead districts. And the fact they've lost about 400 in enrollment over the last couple of decades. I get that and those claims are valid. I still prefer for them to play up.  Overall, leaving the team that I follow out of it, I think a 16/16 split is the right thing to do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DT said:

I think it does.  It opens up the potential for post season success for a whole new group of schools.  And we will see some new matchups in Division 2 that we have not seen before.  

I don't see CG having a cakewalk every year if they fall to 6A Division 2.  There are a lot of good programs in that group.  

Won't the 2 year Success Factor keep them up?

• Thanks 1