Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

New Opponents on Your Schedule


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Indian72 said:

So, anyone know of schedule changes to your school's 2020 football schedule?

 

Probably not for LCC unless Tri-West was only a two-game series, which it may have been.  Seven games are consumed by the conference and one is a rivalry game with the only other Catholic high school in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, Guerin, so that only leaves LCC its opener and that has been Tri-West for the past two years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East will play the new MEGA Elkhart school Week 3... 

Great matchup!  I'd rather see things like this than teams going out of state.  In a way, a format like ESPN's bracket buster could be fun: pair up schools nowhere close to each other.  Lafayette Jeff-Bloomington South, New Pal-Homestead, Lowell-Chatard, even a Contraction Classic of South Newton-Elwood.  And if anyone has the temerity to a suggest neutral site, my hand will penetrate the screen a slap said suggester silly...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Probably not for LCC unless Tri-West was only a two-game series, which it may have been.  Seven games are consumed by the conference and one is a rivalry game with the only other Catholic high school in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, Guerin, so that only leaves LCC its opener and that has been Tri-West for the past two years.

Tri-West does have LCC on the 2020 schedule.  I assume another two year deal.  This seems to be a good game for both schools.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Great matchup!  I'd rather see things like this than teams going out of state.  In a way, a format like ESPN's bracket buster could be fun: pair up schools nowhere close to each other.  Lafayette Jeff-Bloomington South, New Pal-Homestead, Lowell-Chatard, even a Contraction Classic of South Newton-Elwood.  And if anyone has the temerity to a suggest neutral site, my hand will penetrate the screen a slap said suggester silly...

Loved the BracketBuster's back in the day. Those games were amazing. This is a really cool idea though honestly. Get out of your region and play some interesting games. Any suggested match-ups we'd wanna see? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Loved the BracketBuster's back in the day. Those games were amazing. This is a really cool idea though honestly. Get out of your region and play some interesting games. Any suggested match-ups we'd wanna see? 

It was all in fun, and a little silly (admittedly), but could have legs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Based on the article I just read on Colby (Austin) returning to Kokomo, looks like Western and Kokomo will be playing week 1, that is a tremendous week 1 game for both neighboring schools!! 

As of right now it's the next two years both games being played at Kokomo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, superjay said:

Tri-West does have LCC on the 2020 schedule.  I assume another two year deal.  This seems to be a good game for both schools.  

I like the match-up ... especially being right out the gate before there's any hype.  Gives both teams a chance to test a couple of things and to get a really good gauge on where the summer may have taken them.  Any idea whether it is scheduled to be at Tri-West again?  The last two have been there, so wasn't sure if that was part of the general agreement or just a need for the timing.  If I recall correctly, both teams needed to move quickly when Lafayette Jeff and West Lafayette decided to play each other and thus end their deals with LCC and Tri-West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Entire SIAC will be shaken up... Everyone will play jasper and VL since they joined the SIAC. 9 conferences games is going be a grind! Entire schedule is going be different besides rivalry week will still be MD vs reitz ... castle vs Memorial , central vs north in the last week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Based on the article I just read on Colby (Austin) returning to Kokomo, looks like Western and Kokomo will be playing week 1, that is a tremendous week 1 game for both neighboring schools!! 

https://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/football-austin-colby-is-kats-new-coach/article_0cb8671a-1563-11ea-a1ba-cff440d20681.html

FTA:

Quote

Austin Colby’s return means the Kats will return to the double-wing offense that his father hammered opponents with during his time at Frankfort and Kokomo and as Austin Colby’s offensive coordinator at Maconaquah. Benberry ran a spread offense.

“Obviously, we’re kind of unique in what we do offensively,” the new Kat coach said.

Austin Colby said his father “absolutely” will be a part of his Kokomo staff.

*sigh* Huge loss for my alma mater.  They will forever be mired in football mediocrity.  

Good luck on the wing-t in a phone booth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...