Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Article from post trib on Indy football

15 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

It seems the media reads this forum and uses dt threads for article

please read if blocked clear browser history and re click

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-spt-mike-hutton-column-st-120620-20201204-ddxn4wob5baxxf5yafvo5x6iti-story.html

Ball don’t lie.

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

It seems the media reads this forum and uses dt threads for article

please read if blocked clear browser history and re click

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-spt-mike-hutton-column-st-120620-20201204-ddxn4wob5baxxf5yafvo5x6iti-story.html

Not a shocker. I think I heard one time that Indiana has the largest following of a football forum in the country? Everyone reads this forum.........Media, coaches, players, etc. They just don't post. 

13 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Ok...so when did DT start writing for the Trib?

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Has anyone ever seen Mike Hutton and @DTin the same place at the same time? Think about it. 😉

Here's the telling line that says that it isn't @DT unless he purposely tossed that in as 180 headfake. 

Some suggest that private schools have an unfair advantage. It’s a false argument. All the private schools are in the first four classes in terms of student population. If they’re good, they’ll have to play up a class because of the success factor.

Given his headstrong multiplier stance, if he had to write the above, I expect it looked like this at his desk ... NSFW:

• Like 2

The questions remain though....what is the fix? is there one? Would seeding make a difference? Adding a class? Making 6A smaller? Is MIC dominance a problem? I can see that some think it is. Is it a problem that people see as needing to be fixed? Does it help that the whole conference is in the South Semi State? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jets said:

Maybe this is just an ignorant statement on my part being a simple country-bumpkin from a relatively small (enrollment 500ish)- but good lord. Most of these schools have 2,000+ students to choose from, figure it out ! 

There is a difference between 2000 & 2700. Want to know what it is? Merrillville + Calumet = Center Grove. Would a combination of those two schools had a better shot at winning 6A this year? 

42 minutes ago, BTF said:

There is a difference between 2000 & 2700. Want to know what it is? Merrillville + Calumet = Center Grove. Would a combination of those two schools had a better shot at winning 6A this year? 

Center Grove + Westfield is smaller than Carmel 

• Like 1

IIRC.....When 6A first became a thing to address disparities in enrollment at the top end, people had posted that the actually greatest disparities occurred from the biggest 1A schools to the smallest. I am not talking about just raw numbers obviously. I have not looked recently, but am wondering if that is still the case. 

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

IIRC.....When 6A first became a thing to address disparities in enrollment at the top end, people had posted that the actually greatest disparities occurred from the biggest 1A schools to the smallest. I am not talking about just raw numbers obviously. I have not looked recently, but am wondering if that is still the case. 

Lowest last cycle in 1A was School for the Deaf at 121 and followed by Rock Creek Academy and Traders Point at 128.  The top of the pack is Milan at 380. That's about a 3:1 ratio top to bottom.

The two teams that played in LOS this year, CC and SA, are 365 and 352 respectively.  The middle schools are North Davies (32) and LCC (33) at 296 and 287 respectively. 

7 hours ago, Grover said:

Center Grove + Westfield is smaller than Carmel 

Center Grove + Westfield + Eric Moore = state title every year (unless we are allowing other schools around the state combine). Enrollment is 40% of it. Coaching is 40% and socioeconomic factors are the other 20%. No one is saying that enrollment alone determines who the state champion is, but it plays a HUGE factor. I get it, it's fun to think your school somehow magically breeds better football players than anyone else, but the reality is that there are advantages afforded to some football programs that aren't available to others.