Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Pal @ Cathedral

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It takes an idiot to know an idiot.  As I stated before, the impact isn't just to the JV game.  Can you not get your pea brain around that?  It provided depth (in this case to special teams) to the varsity game friday night, that the opponent was not afforded.  What is worse, you had a member of the Cathedral coaching staff post on GID acknowledging non-compliance.  Now who's desperate when it comes to acknowleding that a team is breaking rules to gain a competitive edge?

Let's talk desperate some more...repeatedly on this forum calling the Cathedral vs CG game, the "Game of the Century".  It didn't live up to that billing....not even close. Last year's game was far better.  Further, you've stated several times how the Cathedral O line is the best in the state.  Many of us rolled our eyes, guessing you had a kid on the line, and your comments were just based on your "enthusiasm".  Well, how has that worked out?  How did the great O line in the state perform running the ball against CG on a tailored made night to run the ball between the tackles?  Greatest O line in the state...what a joke.

I'm a troll for calling out cheating when I see it...so be it.  Wouldn't expect anything different from a guy like defending it.  What a clown.

I've been to every J/V game for the last 3 years. Every one. And, there is no time we've used a Friday night player to win a J/V game. This year we have 18 senior starters out of 22. Obviously none of those kids play J/V. We are very young at QB, so if they pull O'Neill in the 4th, occasionally our J/V QB backs him up, but CoachP plays our senior QB more often in garbage time. That's the only player I can think of you might be referring to. 

55 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Over/Under number of games played in the renewed Cathedral/Roncalli series before Roncalli bails?

I'll put it at 2.5.

I'll take the over. Rodenburg doesn't seem like his predecessors at HC & make pre-ordained excuses about why Cathedral is so successful. 

I know everyone is confused about this but will Cathedral be in 6A next year and Roncalli in 5A next year, after they both win state this year? 

On 11/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, Slobberknocker said:

The second example comes from my playing days when Cathodal hired alumni to Referee there basketball games. Can you image looking up and seeing  FastpacedO or Footballking16 referring against you. May be they can be unbiased. hmmm

Not sure when you played, but most places use assigners now. I've occasionally seen a BD grad work a BD game, but the Athletic Dept. just pays the refs that get assigned here.

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I've been to every J/V game for the last 3 years. Every one. And, there is no time we've used a Friday night player to win a J/V game. This year we have 18 senior starters out of 22. Obviously none of those kids play J/V. We are very young at QB, so if they pull O'Neill in the 4th, occasionally our J/V QB backs him up, but CoachP plays our senior QB more often in garbage time. That's the only player I can think of you might be referring to. 

Evidently, according to your coach, you did use a player in violation of the rules.  Was it to win a JV game?  I'm guessing it wasn't to lose it.

But I'll say it again, it also provided additional depth during the friday night varsity game that was utilized for special teams.  Depth the opponent didn't have available.

Its about level playing fields.....why is that so foreign?

20 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Evidently, according to your coach, you did use a player in violation of the rules.  Was it to win a JV game?  I'm guessing it wasn't to lose it.

But I'll say it again, it also provided additional depth during the friday night varsity game that was utilized for special teams.  Depth the opponent didn't have available.

Its about level playing fields.....why is that so foreign?

Sorry you lost your J/V game to the Irish. I'd be angry too if we squandered a 12-0 first quarter lead. 

I know for a fact that we didn't dress any of our 2 deep players for the CG J/V game or for any J/V games this season. Does Coach P try to get as many kids in as possible late in games? Absolutely. The future is bright for the Irish. 

One thing that is abundantly clear: you have no idea about the integrity of our program. I'll let you make your own narrative, but anyone close to the program knows we are doing it the right way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Thanks. And the game was forfeited before the thread was started. Why are we still talking about it?

No kidding!  Cathedral coach made a mistake, I am sure they learned from it in a meaningless JV game.  I am long time Cathedral fan and I am at peace with the deal.  Move on.

Windy tonight, should make passing game interesting both sides with +30mph winds.

Tailgating will start by 4PM. Come early as PARKING SUCKS at Tech,

2 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

I played back when cassette walkmans where popular. 

I still have one.  What do you mean, back when?

59 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

No kidding!  Cathedral coach made a mistake, I am sure they learned from it in a meaningless JV game.  I am long time Cathedral fan and I am at peace with the deal.  Move on.

Windy tonight, should make passing game interesting both sides with +30mph winds.

I'll be there early and I hope to see a lot of Irish fans at the tailgate and the game!

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Sorry you lost your J/V game to the Irish. I'd be angry too if we squandered a 12-0 first quarter lead. 

I know for a fact that we didn't dress any of our 2 deep players for the CG J/V game or for any J/V games this season. Does Coach P try to get as many kids in as possible late in games? Absolutely. The future is bright for the Irish. 

One thing that is abundantly clear: you have no idea about the integrity of our program. I'll let you make your own narrative, but anyone close to the program knows we are doing it the right way. 

Did you grow up next to power lines?  I have been clear repeatedly I have no kids involved.  I didn't lose anything.  I do love the sport....and integrity, especially with youth matters.

A Cathedral coach admitted the kid in question (assuming only one) played excessive quarters.  He didn't apologize and indicated he didn't agree with the rule.  #letthekidsplay  You did read that, right?  To say his quote on GID was flippant would be an understatement.  What kind of culture does it take for a member of a high school coaching staff respond on a high school forum, justifying non-compliance with IHSAA rules??

I have friends that coach city high school programs...and have coached for years.  So yes, I made up my mind a long time ago "program integrity" based directly upon the word of people I trust.  That's why "Coach P's" words didn't surprise me one bit.  And honestly, I could care less.  Just play ball in the top class with the big boys when it matters in the playoffs.  Then, their fans can truly call them the state's best, or when they claim "Game of the Decade"...perhaps it will mean something.

Edited by Bash Riprock

17 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

there was no forfeit...friday or saturday

Then the Center Grove member who started the thread was wrong. Are you folks still bringing this up so you can say you had an undefeated JV season by getting the IHSAA to declare a forfeit in the last JV game of the season which has been over for weeks? I still don't get why it continues to be brought up. Don't you guys have your own varsity game to prepare for tonight? One that actually matters?

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

What is the popular beer at Cathedral tailgates?