Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2022

DumfriesYMCA

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Will the Spoilermakers come trough tonight?  Anything's possible.

Look good so far (up 10-7 early 2nd qtr).

after the 3 and out to start the game, Michigan coming right down the field to go up 7-0, since Purdue has played really good on both sides of the ball. Lot of football to go 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Im not in the breaking news business

Just one who looks a bigger picture and follows Purdue sports very closely 

I hope you're wrong. All I ever hear publically is that he and his family love living in West Lafayette and he likes the idea of building something special at Purdue. Him "building something special" was even mentioned during the BTT game. He has publically said before anyone can win in places that are historically good. My hope is he relishes the idea of turning Purdue into a consistant 8-10+ win team over going back to Louisville. Afterall, it is Louisville. How long will he be the prodical son without any ACC Titles or CFP births? Their fans are almost as bad as Auburn's when it comes to expecations vs. reality. To whom much is given much is expected. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:35 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Coach, you going to be at the Oil Can tonight??

Sorry, don't have myself signed into my cell phone    but yes, I was, and then slept for 4 hours and went to Bears Packers game.    

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Playing chess I see…Louisville now has an opening.

just made too much sense, though, Louisville HAS to be excited to see Cincy ridding themselves of Satterfield 

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I hope you're wrong. All I ever hear publically is that he and his family love living in West Lafayette and he likes the idea of building something special at Purdue. Him "building something special" was even mentioned during the BTT game. He has publically said before anyone can win in places that are historically good. My hope is he relishes the idea of turning Purdue into a consistant 8-10+ win team over going back to Louisville. Afterall, it is Louisville. How long will he be the prodical son without any ACC Titles or CFP births? Their fans are almost as bad as Auburn's when it comes to expecations vs. reality. To whom much is given much is expected. 

Trust me, I hope he does too, great guy, literally so geniunine, I've had opportunities to sit down , have a nice cold one and just talk ball with him like he was a regular fella at the bar.   Hate to see him go as well, but how does he tell his family NO a 2nd time when he has done EVERYTHING he has said he would do at Purdue, MINUS winning the B10 title.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Trust me, I hope he does too, great guy, literally so geniunine, I've had opportunities to sit down , have a nice cold one and just talk ball with him like he was a regular fella at the bar.   Hate to see him go as well, but how does he tell his family NO a 2nd time when he has done EVERYTHING he has said he would do at Purdue, MINUS winning the B10 title.  

Sounds like my type of guy! Hopefully, the roots he and his family of developed in West Lafayette are now stronger than the appeal of going back to Louisville. 

• Like 1

Report: Purdue's Jeff Brohm finalizing deal to be Louisville's next football coach

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/purdue/2022/12/07/purdue-football-coach-jeff-brohm-leaves-for-louisville-job-scott-satterfield/69701329007/

Four years after turning down his alma mater to remain at Purdue, Boilermakers football coach Jeff Brohm cannot say no a second time. Brohm, who recently led Purdue to the first Big Ten title game in program history, is in "process of finalizing a deal" to be the Cardinals coach, according to ESPN's Chris Low.

The Louisville job opened Monday when coach Scott Satterfield left to take the Cincinnati job.

News of Brohm's pending departure comes four weeks before Purdue’s Citrus Bowl date with LSU. Purdue is making its fourth bowl appearance in the past six seasons under Brohm. It is unclear if Brohm will coach the team there.

Brohm was 36-34 in his six years at Purdue, and the Boilers are coming off back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since 2006-07.

Brohm signed a two-year contract extension in April that included two longevity bonuses totaling $1.5 million and more money available for assistant coaches. If Brohm were to leave for another coaching job, he would owe Purdue $1 million. 

It is up to Purdue athletic director Mike Bobinski to find a coach who can build on the foundation Borhm set after the dismal 10 years of Danny Hope and Darrell Hazell. One intriguing possibility is Jeff Brohm‘s younger brother, Brian, who has played an active role in Purdue‘s offense since 2017. Brian Brohm is a former quarterback at Louisville like his brother, and it is unclear if Purdue would allow the Brohm family to remain in control of the program.

The next coach will be inheriting a much sturdier situation than the one Brohm inherited six years ago, including the presence of 2021 IndyStar Mr. football winner Brady, Allen, a freshman quarterback from Gibson Southern.

The transfer portal also will allow Purdue’s next coach to make instant waves, though that works in both directions. For example, Allen could follow Brohm to Louisville. It was unclear Monday if that was a possibility.

The IndyStar will have more on the story is it develops.

Surprise, surprise--he's flying the coop.  Although this isn't what I really wanted, it good turn out to be for the best in time and I'm glad this saga didn't last long.  Hopefully, Bobinski has been doing some due diligence about a new hire.  Since Urban Meyer is a pipe dream at best, I'd like to see an offensive guy brought in like Bill O'Brien...or maybe someone completely different like (cue the suspense music) like Jim Leonhard!!!

7 hours ago, Gipper said:

Surprise, surprise--he's flying the coop.  Although this isn't what I really wanted, it good turn out to be for the best in time and I'm glad this saga didn't last long.  Hopefully, Bobinski has been doing some due diligence about a new hire.  Since Urban Meyer is a pipe dream at best, I'd like to see an offensive guy brought in like Bill O'Brien...or maybe someone completely different like (cue the suspense music) like Jim Leonhard!!!

The packers will fire Joe Barry and hire Jim Leonard.  Leonard is in line to go to the nfl as a DC not so much a HC….and the people of Wisconsin like myself have been begging for Leonard to be the packers DC for years 

also I hope Purdue stays as far away from Urban as possible.  The man continually has shown he will sacrifice anything to win and he will overlook a lot of things to keep winning.  

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The packers will fire Joe Barry and hire Jim Leonard.  Leonard is in line to go to the nfl as a DC not so much a HC….and the people of Wisconsin like myself have been begging for Leonard to be the packers DC for years 

also I hope Purdue stays as far away from Urban as possible.  The man continually has shown he will sacrifice anything to win and he will overlook a lot of things to keep winning.  

The Packers should fire Joe Barry--their defense has become a dumpster fire.  The word on the street in Northern Indiana and Illinois is Jim Leonhard may be hired as Purdue's coach.  Interesting move.  I never wanted Urban Meyer, just being facetious with that one... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gipper said:

The Packers should fire Joe Barry--their defense has become a dumpster fire.  The word on the street in Northern Indiana and Illinois is Jim Leonhard may be hired as Purdue's coach.  Interesting move.  I never wanted Urban Meyer, just being facetious with that one... 

I hope they pass on Leonhard. Could be Brohm 2.0. My fear is he would use Purdue as a stepping stone to prove to Wisconsin he can run a B1G program. Plus, he's defensive minded. I much rather Purdue find an offensive minded HC. Honestly, I just hope whoever they hire doesn't view Purdue as a stepping stone and is committed to the long haul.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:37 AM, Gipper said:

oh I want Barry gone so bad.  And then to hire Leonard haha.

Leonard would be an okay hire imo 

Brian Hartline is the real target. Should do everything to land him.  He’s shown he is one of the absolute best recruiters in the nation, especially at WR.  Ohio state has been landing top 5 WRs every year since he started recruiting. 

Purdue is in a position where they have shown they are ready for the next step and can play big time games…it’s a more desirable job too being in the B1G. Imo they should be targeting the best candidates.  

I love Jim Leonard but he is the Wade Phillips of college…which in Phillips own words was “I’m an okay head coach….but i can coach the hell out of defense” 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I love Jim Leonard but he is the Wade Phillips of college…which in Phillips own words was “I’m an okay head coach….but i can coach the hell out of defense” 

This. Same with Orgeron. I would hire him every day to coach my DL and recruit, but I dont want him as the CEO of the program. I do wonder if Leonard's celing is DC and there's nothing wrong with that if it is his celing. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

oh I want Barry gone so bad.  And then to hire Leonard haha.

Leonard would be an okay hire imo 

Brian Hartline is the real target. Should do everything to land him.  He’s shown he is one of the absolute best recruiters in the nation, especially at WR.  Ohio state has been landing top 5 WRs every year since he started recruiting. 

Purdue is in a position where they have shown they are ready for the next step and can play big time games…it’s a more desirable job too being in the B1G. Imo they should be targeting the best candidates.  

I like Hartline a lot, but as soon as OSU gets beat by Michigan, and it will happen: Day is a dead man walking. 

Just now, Boilernation said:

This. Same with Orgeron. I would hire him every day to coach my DL and recruit, but I dont want him as the CEO of the program. I do wonder if Leonard's celing is DC and there's nothing wrong with that if it is his celing. 

I totally agree with that, but Sneaky Pete Carroll (not that I want him because I don't) is also a defensive minded coach.

24 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

It might not be his ceiling but I think one of the best characteristics about Jim Leonard is that he is humble and has patience.  He turned down an opening as the DC for the packers in 2020 /2021.  He’s also had multiple opportunities to leave Wisconsin and chose to stay every time because he said he wasn’t ready and he loved where he was at.

the man knows his limits and is okay taking more time to climb the ladder…and I think that’s a great thing in an era where a young hip new coach is the big trend. 

I do not understand the fascination with Jim Leonard.  HARD PASS

Has Brian Hartline, again, who is calling plays at OSU?  HARD PASS 

Monken, I could see, but nah 

I have narrowed my list to 2 guys: 

Tulane's Head Coach Willie Fritz 

Western Kentucky Head Coach Ty Helton 

I would also love to see Brian Brohm spur his brother and family and stay at Purdue, but not going to happen, also key is keeping Hagen, which I believe will happen.  

Purdue continues to be the premier opening currently and will have a fine list of candidates, Bobinski basically said yesterday that he will be focussing on hiring a guy with actual head coach experience 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I do not understand the fascination with Jim Leonard.  HARD PASS

Has Brian Hartline, again, who is calling plays at OSU?  HARD PASS 

Monken, I could see, but nah 

I have narrowed my list to 2 guys: 

Tulane's Head Coach Willie Fritz 

Western Kentucky Head Coach Ty Helton 

I would also love to see Brian Brohm spur his brother and family and stay at Purdue, but not going to happen, also key is keeping Hagen, which I believe will happen.  

Purdue continues to be the premier opening currently and will have a fine list of candidates, Bobinski basically said yesterday that he will be focussing on hiring a guy with actual head coach experience 

Head Coaching experience is paramount, but aren't Tulane and WKU in Conference USA?  How about Dan Mullen?  SEC.