Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (8/20/22)

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

So desperate for new/non central Indy blood in 6A.  It’d be great for the sport.

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

Goes without saying. 

So, it’s not any specific affinity for Carroll. You’d say the same if it were Homestead.

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, it’s not any specific affinity for Carroll. You’d say the same if it were Homestead.

Not really, I just know Temp well enough to know that he's bored with Indy's domination of 6A. Both Homestead and Carroll are prime breakout candidates to make that happen. He's been patiently "waiting." 

25 minutes ago, Robert said:

If Woodlan puts up 24, I don't count on Eastside.  Time will tell.

First game of the season. They should get a pass. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Not really, I just know Temp well enough to know that he's bored with Indy's domination of 6A. Both Homestead and Carroll are prime breakout candidates to make that happen. He's been patiently "waiting." 

First game of the season. They should get a pass. 

I can’t be the only one.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I can’t be the only one.

You might be the only one out of the Indy area. Most fans are selfishly biased toward their area of the state and prefer total domination. You seem to be a fan of high school football in general and appreciate a good game regardless of geography. I can assure you fans of Northeastern Indiana would like to see a 6a team in our area compete. We were spoiled for a long time with Snider, but declining enrollment and socioeconomic factors have knocked them from 6a to 5a. Homestead and Carroll are 2500 and growing, they are the future of 6a football in Fort Wayne. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

I can’t be the only one.

Nope. I'm patiently waiting for Crown Point, Carroll, Homestead, or Warsaw to actually threaten the Hamilton County hierarchy in the 6A North. Penn can toil in mediocrity for all I care.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Nope. I'm patiently waiting for Crown Point, Carroll, Homestead, or Warsaw to actually threaten the Hamilton County hierarchy in the 6A North. Penn can toil in mediocrity for all I care.

Call me crazy but it just doesn’t feel like a “state championship game” if neither team travels more than 45 minutes to the stadium, especially if it is a rematch of a regular season matchup.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not bitter , but you have always had Indy area Homerism and pretend you want a team from the north to win a championship . 

Sort of the exact opposite actually.  I respect the Indy area as it demands it and the results speak for themselves.

Ball don’t lie.  Facts hurt.

54 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not bitter , but you have always had Indy area Homerism and pretend you want a team from the north to win a championship . 

And hell at this point I would settle for a true team from the north to actually be COMPETITIVE in the title game.

Baby steps.

Was hoping for Top 25 Temptations. I hate settling. @temptation

On 8/20/2022 at 9:16 AM, temptation said:

Gonna try to make this a weekly deal.  Not sure if I’ve overlooked a GID poll but if so, I apologize.  Critique away!

1. Cathedral
  2. Center Grove
  3. Brownsburg
  4. Warren Central
  5. Carmel
  6. Ben Davis
  7. New Palestine
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Westfield
  10. Fishers
  11. Decatur Central
  12. Merrillville 
  13. Mooresville
  14. Lawrence North
  15. Roncalli
  16. Lawrence Central
  17. Bishop Chatard
  18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider
  20. East Central
  21. Andrean
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne Dwenger
  24. Franklin Central
  25. Carroll (Fort Wayne)

Was BD all strength during the scrimmage? You can definitely see the size in 6A, but I wasn't that impressed with any of the participants that evening.

4 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Penn in 2015. But that seems like a LONG time ago...

The north might have had 2 of the top 3 in 2015. The problem here is we have to go back seven years. The gap between Indy and everyone else has been sizable from 2016-present. 

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

The north might have had 2 of the top 3 in 2015. The problem here is we have to go back seven years. The gap between Indy and everyone else has been sizable from 2016-present. 

Center Grove has set the m.o.... resources, coaching, community buy in..population isn't mega yet they have enough talent roaming the halls..Penn's win last week went out with a whisper n they may be ready to "remind" us of who they are..Warsaw over mc by that margin may indicate they're ready to make a statement..as rf said though, "to be the man...."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BTF said:

2015 was an anomaly.  It’s been way longer than that.  Taking the Indy/Indy matchups out of the equation, true “north schools” have been blown out more often than not.

Lawrence Central beat Snider by 25 in 2012.

Carmel beat Penn by 54 in 2011.

Warren Central beat Penn by 50 in 2003.

Ben Davis beat Snider by 24 in 2002.

Ben Davis beat Valpo by 19 in 2001.

2015 was an anomaly.  It’s been way longer than that.  Taking the Indy/Indy matchups out of the equation, true “north schools” have been blown out more often than not.

I would rather you just say that no North team will ever win a title like all the other Indy area homers . Quit pretending that you think/hope otherwise.

This is a really good point that can be traced through the history 5A/6A ball. I think Penn's 21-0 over Center Grove in 2000 is the only time that a "true north" team took a championship over an Indy area school by more than a score. The Indy area teams have always had more, I don't know what to call it, "blowout potential" in these matchups. 

46 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I would rather you just say that no North team will ever win a title like all the other Indy area homers . Quit pretending that you think/hope otherwise.

I want to see a competitive state title game between two schools that do not see one another in the regular season and are not within a stone's throw of 465.  

Who hurt you so badly?  Let it out.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

The enrollment disparity is hard to overcome. It's like I said in another post. A northern team may catch 4 of the 5 mega schools on an average year, but at least one of those schools is going to have an up year and take care of their smaller northern counterpart.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

I want to see a competitive state title game between two schools that do not see one another in the regular season and are not within a stone's throw of 465.  

Who hurt you so badly?  Let it out.

Maybe it's because you constantly are kicking a dead horse . All those stats you provided , Newsflash , everyone knows . And you have no trouble going back years of stats when it serves your agenda . But god knows if someone mentioned something about years past , your suddenly only interested in the present . You also only list Championship games . There is a lot more to football than just the championship game . 

12 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Center Grove has set the m.o.... resources, coaching, community buy in..population isn't mega yet they have enough talent roaming the halls..Penn's win last week went out with a whisper n they may be ready to "remind" us of who they are..Warsaw over mc by that margin may indicate they're ready to make a statement..as rf said though, "to be the man...."

Unfortunately the Warsaw starting QB was injured early in the 2nd quarter and will likely miss quite a bit of time from the looks of it. However, the offense still played well after that and the Tiger defense looked very impressive. Best that unit has looked in years. Michigan City lost quite a bit from last year, but they had some DUDES on that sideline. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Warsaw D basically put up a shut out (the Wolves scored with like 2 minutes left in the game against a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers).

Time will tell to see how they adjust with a new QB under center!

And if we're going back to year 2000, it's only fair to include the Snider 2004 team. I maintain, they were the best team in the state during the regular season when they had their D1 running back. Warren was given a gift with him sitting on the bench with a broken ankle. Few and far between, whatever, I get it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Maybe it's because you constantly are kicking a dead horse . All those stats you provided , Newsflash , everyone knows . And you have no trouble going back years of stats when it serves your agenda . But god knows if someone mentioned something about years past , your suddenly only interested in the present . You also only list Championship games . There is a lot more to football than just the championship game . 

Sigh.  Stop being so sensitive.  I have no agenda.  Recent stats are all that matter.  Enjoy your titles from the 90s.

Its the same deal in the SEC.  I dislike the fact that the CFP has been anticlimactic in most years.  

What stats SHOULD I be citing in your opinion?