Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (8/20/22)

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Sigh.  Stop being so sensitive.  I have no agenda.  Recent stats are all that matter.  Enjoy your titles from the 90s.

Its the same deal in the SEC.  I dislike the fact that the CFP has been anticlimactic in most years.  

What stats SHOULD I be citing in your opinion?

And at least I list my school that I went to and played for . My guess is the only Football you ever played was in a video game , but you talk smack about Northern schools . I have a blue ring that I earned in football , how many do you have ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BTF said:

And if we're going back to year 2000, it's only fair to include the Snider 2004 team. I maintain, they were the best team in the state during the regular season when they had their D1 running back. Warren was given a gift with him sitting on the bench with a broken ankle. Few and far between, whatever, I get it. 

Yes, that was a great game that could have been even greater.

19 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not bitter , but you have always had Indy area Homerism and pretend you want a team from the north to win a championship . 

I don't care if you're Bill Belichick. Temptation is spot on. 6A would be so much better if the threat from the North wasn't someone in Hamilton County. The North HAS NOT been competitive in State Championship games. It is sad, and I'm as MIC-Centric as anyone. I would love to see those old Ben Davis/Penn slobberknockers again that were decided by 7 points or less seemingly every time, but the last time Ben Davis and Penn played...well...I'll be kind. I respect the Kingsmen. I respect Snider and the other schools that BD has had battles with over the years. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

And at least I list my school that I went to and played for . My guess is the only Football you ever played was in a video game , but you talk smack about Northern schools . I have a blue ring that I earned in football , how many do you have ?

Not going down this rabbit hole with you.  When it turns into a "my dad could beat your dad up" type of argument, you've already admitted defeat.

Speaking of your dad, it was cute to see @gonzoron give you a cute little emoji for your back talk.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not going down this rabbit hole with you.  When it turns into a "my dad could beat your dad up" type of argument, you've already admitted defeat.

Speaking of your dad, it was cute to see @gonzoron give you a cute little emoji for your back talk.

Of coarse your not going down any rabbit holes , you can't because you've never actually played a minute of high school football but think you know it all . I used to tell my kids the same thing when they were 16 . 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

21 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Of coarse your not going down any rabbit holes , you can't because you've never actually played a minute of high school football but think you know it all . I used to tell my kids the same thing when they were 16 . 

Throw in the VHS tapes of your glory days and pop open a cold one.  You'll feel better.  I promise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

The enrollment disparity is hard to overcome. It's like I said in another post. A northern team may catch 4 of the 5 mega schools on an average year, but at least one of those schools is going to have an up year and take care of their smaller northern counterpart.

Tired of this excuse.

Penn has had 3000+ students for two decades. Homestead and Carroll are both bigger than Center Grove. Westfield and its 2600 students came out of the North last year (with no mega enrollment school in the way) and gave CG all they could handle last year.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Tired of this excuse.

Penn has had 3000+ students for two decades. Homestead and Carroll are both bigger than Center Grove. Westfield and its 2600 students came out of the North last year (with no mega enrollment school in the way) and gave CG all they could handle last year.

Westfield does not really =  "North".    We are talking about schools outside of Marion county and the surrounding doughnut counties.

On 8/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central shouldn't be ranked 4th. The Warriors have lost 5 straight to Center Grove. Just my 2 cents 

I agree. I love the Warriors, but they have got to prove themselves before they get a top 5 ranking. I think they would agree with that sentiment as well. But I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Westfield does not really =  "North".    We are talking about schools outside of Marion county and the surrounding doughnut counties.

I know where Westfield is located.

I’m tired of hearing about the enrollment “excuse” when it comes to a lack of competitiveness in state title games between Indy area schools and true northern schools. Westfield, at 2600 kids, was more than competitive in their state title game last year. A school like Penn can’t use their enrollment as an excuse as to why they aren’t competitive when they make it to the state finals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I know where Westfield is located.

I’m tired of hearing about the enrollment “excuse” when it comes to a lack of competitiveness in state title games between Indy area schools and true northern schools. Westfield, at 2600 kids, was more than competitive in their state title game last year. A school like Penn can’t use their enrollment as an excuse as to why they aren’t competitive when they make it to the state finals.

I get it, we all get it. You just want to pump your chest saying "we're the greatest." Hell, you can't even admit that your Irish have advantages. Luers fans go home every year disappointed after getting thumped by Snider. Is it because Snider has a better program? Hardly. They have an enrollment advantage and Luers doesn't have a metro of 2 million to recruit from, like a certain program in Indy does. When you have an advantage, it's okay to admit it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Tired of this excuse.

Lol...........bla bla bla. The Rocks had one great season (more to come hopefully) and it still wasn't enough to come out on top of 6a. The rest of their good teams were 5a state caliber good. You guys have one really good example down there, Center Grove. Good for them. Coach Moore has done a fabulous job in building arguably the best program in Indiana. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Much respect to the Kingsman, one of Indiana's Top 5 programs of all time. But I've got to side with Temp here. I think he gives an unbiased opinion regardless of the fact that he lives in Indy. It took me a few years to figure that out though, lol. 

4 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Thanks for spicing up my very boring work morning, guys. That being said, and I've mentioned this before, when a true 'North' team wins 6A, because it will happen, they will be instant legends. 

I don't see it happening any time soon. Possibly never. It has never happened before.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

I don't see it happening any time soon. Possibly never. It has never happened before.

Ok, literally everything that has ever happened in the world had never happened before at some point lol. It'll take a special group and a special coach but it will happen. 

2 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Ok, literally everything that has ever happened in the world had never happened before at some point lol.

Except Hell freezing over. We have seen pigs fly thanks to Pink Floyd, so there's hope.

Edited by gonzoron

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I have a blue ring that I earned in football , how many do you have ?

I have 8.  1 from playing and 7 from coaching, but they have nothing to do with this topic.

Like him or hate him, Temp is honest.  It would be nice to see a team from north of Hamilton County or south of Johnson County in the 6A title game with a good shot to win.  People get tired of seeing Alabama and Georgia in the SEC championship and CFP.  New blood is always interesting.

57 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

I agree. I love the Warriors, but they have got to prove themselves before they get a top 5 ranking. I think they would agree with that sentiment as well. But I could be wrong.

Who would you rank in front of them?  Who else could stay within single digits of the team that has won 29 in a row?

7 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I have 8.  1 from playing and 7 from coaching, but they have nothing to do with this topic.

Like him or hate him, Temp is honest.  It would be nice to see a team from north of Hamilton County or south of Johnson County in the 6A title game with a good shot to win.  People get tired of seeing Alabama and Georgia in the SEC championship and CFP.  New blood is always interesting.

Yes sir.

• Like 1