Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (8/20/22)

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

What if there were a team that sported a D1 WR, a D3 WR, a D3 RB, and a D3 QB? Would you say that three D1's are far superior to that scenario? I mean, "far" superior is quite a statement. 

There’s not a team (in my opinion) that can match the collection of talent in the skill department than that of Cathedral, hence my far superior comment. It is quite a statement. And I stand by it, and it’s certainly not without merit. You can make a legitimate case that O’Neil, Tibbs, and Wooten are the three best at their position this year.

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

There’s not a team (in my opinion) that can match the collection of talent in the skill department than that of Cathedral, hence my far superior comment. It is quite a statement. And I stand by it, and it’s certainly not without merit. You can make a legitimate case that O’Neil, Tibbs, and Wooten are the three best at their position this year.

To be fair, 24/7 doesn't have any of them at the top of their position group. An impressive collection of three, for sure. 

Don't get butt hurt about semantics.  Yes, Cathedral has more high level talent at the skill positions than anyone else in Indiana and has a competent, yet inexperienced offensive line that will likely get better every week.  That'll be good enough against 90 percent of its schedule (this week may be the 10 percent, but I still like the Irish to win).

Willing to bet that we don't know the names yet, but at least 1-2 of the current guys on the Cathedral OL will eventually play at the next level...I am sure @Footballking16 could verify or deny that assumption.

Always love it when OL guys, and by guys I mean adults, feel "disrespected" when they are not mentioned in the same breath as QBs/RBs/WRs...

11 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I think its hard to argue the outstanding players for the Irish in the skill positions.  

Guessing they will keep them out of swampy quagmire fields and feature them on Tech's turf........

Just kidding....well, kind of.....😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Don't get butt hurt about semantics.  Yes, Cathedral has more high level talent at the skill positions than anyone else in Indiana and has a competent, yet inexperienced offensive line that will likely get better every week.  That'll be good enough against 90 percent of its schedule (this week may be the 10 percent, but I still like the Irish to win).

Willing to bet that we don't know the names yet, but at least 1-2 of the current guys on the Cathedral OL will eventually play at the next level...I am sure @Footballking16 could verify or deny that assumption.

Always love it when OL guys, and by guys I mean adults, feel "disrespected" when they are not mentioned in the same breath as QBs/RBs/WRs...

Can’t verify or deny as I really don’t know, but wouldn’t bet against 1 or 2 of the guys playing major college football down the road. You’re talking 5 guys who who all will be making just their second varsity start later this evening. The O-Line will need a few weeks to gel and acclimate to the speed of the varsity game, but as you suggested, should be in fine tune at the end of the year. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bobref said:

One of my most enduring memories of that 2003 championship game is Warren kicking off (they did it a lot), and Brick Graham running down as the “wedge buster.” When he hit that wedge, it sounded like a bomb going off.

And, as a St. Edward's man, you know how good that Elder team under Coach Ramsay was and understand how well he understands the game. 

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral was up 3 scores before Lafayette Jeff could blink last week. No doubt Brownsburg is a major step up in competition, but it’s not like Cathedral doesn’t present a major challenge for Brownsburg in their own right. Brownsburg was pretty fortunate to squeak out a win against a short handed Ben Davis team who hasn’t exactly set the world on fire these last couple years and even with an inexperienced offensive line, Cathedral is still likely a decided favorite.

I’ve given my score prediction on the CHS-Brownsburg game thread (21-13) and while I do think it’ll be a close game throughout, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Cathedral win by a couple scores. 

I am thinking Brownsburg 24 Cathedral 21. I could be wrong, but I will admit it if I am.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2022 at 10:33 AM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

And at least I list my school that I went to and played for . My guess is the only Football you ever played was in a video game , but you talk smack about Northern schools . I have a blue ring that I earned in football , how many do you have ?

He has a blue bowling ball, does that count?

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

2003 Chatard vs WC... thoughts? 

WC by 3 TDs.

The same Elder team who lost 45-20 to WC beat that Chatard team 17-16 the week later.

Crazy enough, that WC team lost twice that year to in-state foes.

The 06 Warren team is still the best team I’ve seen to date.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

I don’t understand how that Warren team lost a game, let alone two during the regular season. Chatard had a great team. But speed kills, and Warren had it in abundance.

Speed came in handy back then when opportunities to play on turf were far and few between. The Snider 2004 team was right there with WC in the midst of their dynasty. It's just a shame that Quale Lewis wasn't able to showcase himself that game. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 9:04 PM, MonkeyButt said:

Look I am not saying they are not talented. Cathedral typically reloads, not rebuilds. But the OL is the reason for skill players success 90% of the time. And that is usually what makes the difference in big games. La Jeff is no where near the caliber of teams that Cathedral will face in some of their games this year and definitely not in the playoffs. But I know Cathedral is well coached and will be prepared for anyone. 

How many are on Varsity roster btw? 

You can see this with really good/great skills players, especially running backs who, when they score, typically make the line the first guys they celebrate with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bobref said:

I don’t understand how that Warren team lost a game, let alone two during the regular season. Chatard had a great team. But speed kills, and Warren had it in abundance.

We talked to Warren fans at our hotel, they said that 10 starters were suspended for 2 games by the school. They did not go into detail. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Speed came in handy back then when opportunities to play on turf were far and few between. The Snider 2004 team was right there with WC in the midst of their dynasty. It's just a shame that Quale Lewis wasn't able to showcase himself that game. 

2004 Snider team was the best I ever seen, and I’ve seen nearly every team since the mid 80’s. They matched up with Warren athletically with half the enrollment, incredible. Always mad respect for Snider. 

6 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

2004 Snider team was the best I ever seen, and I’ve seen nearly every team since the mid 80’s. They matched up with Warren athletically with half the enrollment, incredible. Always mad respect for Snider. 

The Snider fan base feels the same about Penn. I was truly hoping to see that rivalry renewed when the SAC restructured and allowed for two non-conference games. Not a singe Fort Wayne team picked up Penn, which tells me that the first two weeks of their schedule is booked up for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, from a fans perspective, Snider vs Penn needs to happen again. 

Side note: Snider/Penn was arguably one of the best non-conference rivalries in the state for two decades.