Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (8/20/22)


Recommended Posts

Gonna try to make this a weekly deal.  Not sure if I’ve overlooked a GID poll but if so, I apologize.  Critique away!

  1. Cathedral
  2. Center Grove
  3. Brownsburg
  4. Warren Central
  5. Carmel
  6. Ben Davis
  7. New Palestine
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Westfield
  10. Fishers
  11. Decatur Central
  12. Merrillville 
  13. Mooresville
  14. Lawrence North
  15. Roncalli
  16. Lawrence Central
  17. Bishop Chatard
  18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider
  20. East Central
  21. Andrean
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne Dwenger
  24. Franklin Central
  25. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks good Temp. Fort Wayne is looking like a crapshoot this year with Snider, Carroll, Dwenger, Homestead, and North Side. A big shout out to North Side for the crowd they brought Friday night. One of the bigger visiting crowds I've seen in recent memory. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

Looks good Temp. Fort Wayne is looking like a crapshoot this year with Snider, Carroll, Dwenger, Homestead, and North Side. A big shout out to North Side for the crowd they brought Friday night. One of the bigger visiting crowds I've seen in recent memory. 

The Carroll score caused me to do a double take…not that they won but the margin by which they won.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gonna try to make this a weekly deal.  Not sure if I’ve overlooked a GID poll but if so, I apologize.  Critique away!

  1. Cathedral
  2. Center Grove
  3. Brownsburg
  4. Warren Central
  5. Carmel
  6. Ben Davis
  7. New Palestine
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Westfield
  10. Fishers
  11. Decatur Central
  12. Merrillville 
  13. Mooresville
  14. Lawrence North
  15. Roncalli
  16. Lawrence Central
  17. Bishop Chatard
  18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider
  20. East Central
  21. Andrean
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne Dwenger
  24. Franklin Central
  25. Carroll (Fort Wayne)

Looks pretty good to me.  Although I might want to push Mater Dei onto this list.  
 

i think if you have the #1 2A team you probably should have the #2…same with 3A and West Lafayette 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Looks pretty good to me.  Although I might want to push Mater Dei onto this list.  
 

i think if you have the #1 2A team you probably should have the #2…same with 3A and West Lafayette 

Got both on my HM…WL at 32 and Mater Dei at 41.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Kokomo Wildkats beat a ranked team handily last night.  They deserve a spot IMHO.

 

Got em HM…#47.

10 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central shouldn't be ranked 4th. The Warriors have lost 5 straight to Center Grove. Just my 2 cents 

The 5 straight has nothing to do with 2022.  Warren was not built on moral victories but a 9 point loss on the road to CG is nothing to be ashamed of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central shouldn't be ranked 4th. The Warriors have lost 5 straight to Center Grove. Just my 2 cents 

I would disagree.  Warren is capable of an 8-1 regular season.  CG is winners of 29 straight, meaning someone has to be #2 regardless of how many straight they’ve lost.  #4 is reasonable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, temptation said:

The Carroll score caused me to do a double take…not that they won but the margin by which they won.

I think everyone expected both programs to take a step back this season. I think the big difference was a couple of key transfers coming into Carroll and a couple going out of Luers. But yeah, the margin of defeat was surprising. 

By seasons end, I think a Fort Wayne team will qualify for Top 15. I'm just not sure who at this point. Lots of answers in Week 2. Snider takes on Carroll, North Side gets Dwenger, and Homestead squares off with Concordia. 

I like where you have Penn and Merrillville, a little uncertain about Westfield though. Keep this poll going. You seem to give an unbiased and honest opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2022 at 9:16 AM, temptation said:

Gonna try to make this a weekly deal.  Not sure if I’ve overlooked a GID poll but if so, I apologize.  Critique away!

  1. Cathedral
  2. Center Grove
  3. Brownsburg
  4. Warren Central
  5. Carmel
  6. Ben Davis
  7. New Palestine
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Westfield
  10. Fishers
  11. Decatur Central
  12. Merrillville 
  13. Mooresville
  14. Lawrence North
  15. Roncalli
  16. Lawrence Central
  17. Bishop Chatard
  18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider
  20. East Central
  21. Andrean
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne Dwenger
  24. Franklin Central
  25. Carroll (Fort Wayne)

I really have no problem with this list, maybe except for Westfield who I expected to experience some growing pains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO Mooresville is too high.. I would still take Indy teams like LC, Zionsville, Pike, Chatard, Roncalli to beat them. Otherwise I think the list is great. Would also probably have schools like Merrillville and LC above Decatur Central but I think those would be closer games.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, temptation said:

The Carroll score caused me to do a double take…not that they won but the margin by which they won.

Please,  temper this comment with a "FW area caveat"....

Carroll is NO JOKE!   Bishop Luers shouldn't be looked at as a team 39 points less than the Chargers.   Bishop Luers just didn't have the numbers to compete with a 6A top ten team.  But in everyway they are well in tune with competing well in 2A FB as the season progresses.

As for Carroll.  This may be THE team that can compete well into the Semi-State from the FW Area in 6A that those in NE Indiana have been waiting for.  They looked solid on both sides of the ball as well as on special teams.  Coach Dinan has tapped into something that has been lacking at CHS in the past few years.....a HUNGER. 

CHS also benefits from the shuffle in the 6A brackets allowing them to avoid the local rivalry 'trap game' that seems to doom them (or Homestead/Snider) a lot.  With Snider down in 5A that also benefits them....and that 5A bracket is loaded also with Snider/North Side/Dwenger all waiting to cannibalize one another come playoff time.  

Let's talk next Saturday morning after the Snider/Carroll tilt.  There is ALL SORTS of underlying animosity involved every time they meet.  This should go a long way to defining FB in the SAC this season.  But there are also a number of others in the SAC that will have impacts.... great year for the quality of FB in FW as far as I am concerned. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Please,  temper this comment with a "FW area caveat"....

Carroll is NO JOKE!   Bishop Luers shouldn't be looked at as a team 39 points less than the Chargers.   Bishop Luers just didn't have the numbers to compete with a 6A top ten team.  But in everyway they are well in tune with competing well in 2A FB as the season progresses.

As for Carroll.  This may be THE team that can compete well into the Semi-State from the FW Area in 6A that those in NE Indiana have been waiting for.  They looked solid on both sides of the ball as well as on special teams.  Coach Dinan has tapped into something that has been lacking at CHS in the past few years.....a HUNGER. 

CHS also benefits from the shuffle in the 6A brackets allowing them to avoid the local rivalry 'trap game' that seems to doom them (or Homestead/Snider) a lot.  With Snider down in 5A that also benefits them....and that 5A bracket is loaded also with Snider/North Side/Dwenger all waiting to cannibalize one another come playoff time.  

Let's talk next Saturday morning after the Snider/Carroll tilt.  There is ALL SORTS of underlying animosity involved every time they meet.  This should go a long way to defining FB in the SAC this season.  But there are also a number of others in the SAC that will have impacts.... great year for the quality of FB in FW as far as I am concerned. 

I was expecting a rebuilding year from Carroll this year. But with 2500 students, should a reloading year be expected annually instead? Tapping into the transfer portal I think was an important piece to Carroll's 2022 puzzle. I'm not ready to anoint them as a Top 10 team after beating up on a 2a team devastated by graduation and transfers, but I'm not saying you're wrong either. Friday night will answer some questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Please,  temper this comment with a "FW area caveat"....

Carroll is NO JOKE!   Bishop Luers shouldn't be looked at as a team 39 points less than the Chargers.   Bishop Luers just didn't have the numbers to compete with a 6A top ten team.  But in everyway they are well in tune with competing well in 2A FB as the season progresses.

As for Carroll.  This may be THE team that can compete well into the Semi-State from the FW Area in 6A that those in NE Indiana have been waiting for.  They looked solid on both sides of the ball as well as on special teams.  Coach Dinan has tapped into something that has been lacking at CHS in the past few years.....a HUNGER. 

CHS also benefits from the shuffle in the 6A brackets allowing them to avoid the local rivalry 'trap game' that seems to doom them (or Homestead/Snider) a lot.  With Snider down in 5A that also benefits them....and that 5A bracket is loaded also with Snider/North Side/Dwenger all waiting to cannibalize one another come playoff time.  

Let's talk next Saturday morning after the Snider/Carroll tilt.  There is ALL SORTS of underlying animosity involved every time they meet.  This should go a long way to defining FB in the SAC this season.  But there are also a number of others in the SAC that will have impacts.... great year for the quality of FB in FW as far as I am concerned. 

Don’t do this to me, PLEASE.

@BTF…stop this man.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Don’t do this to me, PLEASE.

@BTF…stop this man.

Like, I said at the start @temptation....  the caveat is "FW Area" FB and that which is always said in this area....  

"We DID this, We DID that..."  It seems to not be in the present, lately.  Do that NOW!  

@BTF"I'm not ready to anoint them as a Top 10 team after beating up on a 2a team devastated by graduation and transfers, but I'm not saying you're wrong either. Friday night will answer some questions."  I'll take that, but with the lack of 6A teams...I am positive that they (CHS) are a TOP TEN team in that classification, easily.  Friday night WILL answer a lot of questions!  But it also may create a lot more if it is as close as most of think it will be.  

The 2022 IHSAA playoffs, and the regular season schedule changes next year with no longer having a closed conference;  Will go a long way to answering a lot of the questions/concerns as to what the teams in FW are really all about.  You cannot keep playing a particular style and schedule that is absent of a flavor outside of the SAC and then expect success once the playoffs begin.  

I give the SAC 2 years and they will then see that there is  a difference in things outside of the FW Area dictating a significant upgrade in every facet of FB play and focus in order to make it back to LOS on a regular basis.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Like, I said at the start @temptation....  the caveat is "FW Area" FB and that which is always said in this area....  

"We DID this, We DID that..."  It seems to not be in the present, lately.  Do that NOW!  

@BTF"I'm not ready to anoint them as a Top 10 team after beating up on a 2a team devastated by graduation and transfers, but I'm not saying you're wrong either. Friday night will answer some questions."  I'll take that, but with the lack of 6A teams...I am positive that they (CHS) are a TOP TEN team in that classification, easily.  Friday night WILL answer a lot of questions!  But it also may create a lot more if it is as close as most of think it will be.  

The 2022 IHSAA playoffs, and the regular season schedule changes next year with no longer having a closed conference;  Will go a long way to answering a lot of the questions/concerns as to what the teams in FW are really all about.  You cannot keep playing a particular style and schedule that is absent of a flavor outside of the SAC and then expect success once the playoffs begin.  

I give the SAC 2 years and they will then see that there is  a difference in things outside of the FW Area dictating a significant upgrade in every facet of FB play and focus in order to make it back to LOS on a regular basis.  

I want this to be true so badly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...