Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Outlook?

16 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

For those that put alot of stock in the Sagarin ratings (I personally do not),  the Ratings and SOS do NOT include teams not in Indiana. Andrean beat a good Crete Monee team that was in Illinois 6A SemiState last year so it does not calculate in Sagarin. This is similar to last year when they played Grand Rapids Catholic, MI State Champion. 

You can also disregard any ranking of a Fort Wayne team. Sagarin only becomes accurate in the Summit City when the tournament starts. 

2 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

Laville is possibly the best team in 2a that is a public school ! The question is will they be able to hang with the private schools in 2 a ? 30 some kids on a roster compared to 100 makes it tough ! That’s why we play the game ! 

yawn.  100 yawn.  It's the strength of schedule most years.  Luers appears to have a better defense this year.   

I'll take Andrean.  Since Luers is putting athletes on defense now, maybe that way. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

I don't completely disregard the Sagain ratings in fact I look at them every Saturday morning.  You just have to be mindful of the nuances mentioned by all above. 

As far as predictions, its way too early for me to start. Long way to go and teams will change for the better and for the worse.

I'm a big believer in defense wins championships. Andrean defense is fast and physical and has faced a variety of styles with some more to come. Even though they have given up some points, their defense has held up well considering they have been on the field alot through the first 3 games as the offense has had to find itself. The games vs Merrillville and CP were still close at the start of the 4th quarter thanks to the D.

Football is awesome!!

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

I think LCC odds r way better vrs LaVille than Andrean....  maybe they catch fumbleitis from Harrison...😄

Hey now!  ... That hurts.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

You can also disregard any ranking of a Fort Wayne team. Sagarin only becomes accurate in the Summit City when the tournament starts. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

Same with the SIAC...

I wish that Sagarin gave an indication when its score is not truly reflective of all games reported.  For example, in Sagarin, Andrean shows as 2W 2L, but the Sagarin score show doesn't include one of those games.  So that Sagarin score is only indicative of three of their games and, in this case, doesn't account for the win over Crete-Monee.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I wish that Sagarin gave an indication when its score is not truly reflective of all games reported.  For example, in Sagarin, Andrean shows as 2W 2L, but the Sagarin score show doesn't include one of those games.  So that Sagarin score is only indicative of three of their games and, in this case, doesn't account for the win over Crete-Monee.

I'm not sure how Sagarin can account for out of state teams the way it's set up.

Just now, BTF said:

I'm not sure how Sagarin can account for out of state teams the way it's set up.

I'm not saying it should account for them, just perhaps tag a Sagarin score as being "incomplete" based on data that it is showing.  For example, when it shows wins and losses, it actually does show in-state and out-of-state in that data; however, the Sagarin score is not a representation of all of those games shown in W/L as the out of state games there in the W/L are not represented in the Sagarin.  I know it's early in the season, so the Sagarin scores are still not as far along on their "baking" yet, but as an example, one could argue that GS's 70.00 Sagarin and 39.21 SOS is actually UNDERrepresented by these scores as they don't reflect their win over Kentucky's South Warren last week.

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

Could you create ratings for every team in the country based on the same criteria (obviously this is not feasible for one man)? Then you could have the most-accurate analysis in terms of common opponents, as well as a common formula for every team. Not sure if this would be a potential solution but it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.  

Edited by scarab527

To say LCC can just have Sectional 34 is a bit crazy to me. While there are only 7 teams in the sectional and 4 of those teams are struggling in regular season play, Lewis Cass and Rochester are both undefeated. Both haven't had the toughest of schedules by any means, but Rochester will be tested this Friday in the bell game against Valley and after this week we will know what Cass is made of after they play the remaining schedule of HH, West Lafayette, and Western. Wouldn't count those two teams out for Sectional 34. LCC is gonna have to earn it, not just show up. Last year, Rochester and Laville met in the first round of Sectionals. It was an 8-7 game at half before Laville scored 20 unanswered to win. Potential rematch there in the Regional, but both teams will have their work cut out for them in their respective sectionals. I realize Laville didn't lose anything from last years team, but this Rochester team didn't really as well. One significant player on both sides of the ball. I like what was mentioned up above. This 2A class is pretty solid from top to bottom this year. The tournament is gonna be a good one for sure.

• Like 2

@Tippy  you have seem to have watched a lot of LaVille this year on tape/tv/etc.     Did you do your homework on the video clip I attached of the Andrean CP game?    The Andrean Merriillville game week 1?     Or just looking at scores?    

Not sure why you invoked Rensselaer, we are 3a team, so I am focused on 3a opponents in sectional so LaVille is of no radar of this guy.   

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

To say LCC can just have Sectional 34 is a bit crazy to me. While there are only 7 teams in the sectional and 4 of those teams are struggling in regular season play, Lewis Cass and Rochester are both undefeated. Both haven't had the toughest of schedules by any means, but Rochester will be tested this Friday in the bell game against Valley and after this week we will know what Cass is made of after they play the remaining schedule of HH, West Lafayette, and Western. Wouldn't count those two teams out for Sectional 34. LCC is gonna have to earn it, not just show up. Last year, Rochester and Laville met in the first round of Sectionals. It was an 8-7 game at half before Laville scored 20 unanswered to win. Potential rematch there in the Regional, but both teams will have their work cut out for them in their respective sectionals. I realize Laville didn't lose anything from last years team, but this Rochester team didn't really as well. One significant player on both sides of the ball. I like what was mentioned up above. This 2A class is pretty solid from top to bottom this year. The tournament is gonna be a good one for sure.

Yep... what was that comment... u can jus Amazon the sec title to em... pretty ignorant statement....  winning a 2A sec title is not an easy peasy thing for LCC... if they do... I'd expect that 2 b the end of the road for them... but would luv 2 c em get a shot at Andrean or LaVille.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

@Tippy  you have seem to have watched a lot of LaVille this year on tape/tv/etc.     Did you do your homework on the video clip I attached of the Andrean CP game?    The Andrean Merriillville game week 1?     Or just looking at scores?    

Not sure why you invoked Rensselaer, we are 3a team, so I am focused on 3a opponents in sectional so LaVille is of no radar of this guy.   

Yeah, you should probably focus on West Lafayette.  If LaVille does play Andrean it should be a good game.  I think LaVille could beat LCC and Rensselaer this year.  Do you think Andrean is going to win state again?  If LCC can't win, I guess it might as well be Andrean.

4 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Could you create ratings for every team in the country based on the same criteria (obviously this is not feasible for one man)? Then you could have the most-accurate analysis in terms of common opponents, as well as a common formula for every team. Not sure if this would be a potential solution but it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. 

Scarab - I think MaxPreps attempts to rank teams nationally. I don't know how they determine it but teams have their Record, then Rating and then a column called Strength which is schedule strength. You can sort Nationally, by State, and Class within State.

3 hours ago, Tippy said:

Yeah, you should probably focus on West Lafayette.

Do you think Andrean is going to win state again?  I

I have

and Yes I do.  

What has Andrean lost (they were soph/Jr loaded last year, with some good SR) and LaVille gained in 365 days that make up this gap? 

Nov. 12   LaVille W 35 8   regn

Same starting QB who was not playing against CP who Andrean lost 28-18 

Same Starting QB who was not playing against 8a Crete Monee for which 59ers beat by a few points.   

Multiple D1 kids on Andrean Roster, playing in 2a, with that size, speed and talent, continues to make them the favorites in the North 

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Same starting QB who was not playing against CP who Andrean lost 28-18 

Same Starting QB who was not playing against 8a Crete Monee for which 59ers beat by a few points.   

Multiple D1 kids on Andrean Roster, playing in 2a, with that size, speed and talent, continues to make them the favorites in the North 

I didn’t say you were wrong. You just asked what was different. Their QB is different. The kid that’s hurt was the starter for a reason.