Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 28: Tippecanoe Valley @ Bishop Chatard

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

4 years of tuition at Chatard.

You are making the assumption that all those kids have to pay all that tuition, which is likely wrong (at least for some).  I have a friend whose daughter was sought after by a private high school over around Louisville (volleyball), not only would she NOT have to pay the tuition, he could have been set up with a great job.  They decided to stay at our po dunk "high school in the cornfield"  and she had to settle for playing college volleyball at IU.  The last thing I would do is defend BC but it may not be like you think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Just a dad said:

It’s so clear now, @Titan32 is sad because his boy won’t get to win another state championship because they don’t have another Brady Allen at the helm. A truly gifted player and a generational talent at the 3A level. He should be proud of his one ring. You should be proud of your son. Hopefully your kid can go on to do great things in life and you can let go of the sadness. 

He will and has.  No sadness here as a person who has given all I have to the program (not just taken).  My only emotion with regard to this thread is disdain for the inability of the IHSAA to fix the broken system in Indiana and my continued disbelief with folks like you who continue to defend it.  Enjoy your purchase.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Just a dad said:

It’s so clear now, @Titan32 is sad because his boy won’t get to win another state championship because they don’t have another Brady Allen at the helm. A truly gifted player and a generational talent at the 3A level. He should be proud of his one ring. You should be proud of your son. Hopefully your kid can go on to do great things in life and you can let go of the sadness. 

lets be real here, they barely scraped out a win on a down year in 3a

13 hours ago, Just a dad said:

You know, maybe @Titan32 is sad.  Lots of us are sad about this very thing.  We, HH, GS, SR, etc get generational players like Brady Allen, we had Jay Culter, etc and it takes that guy to lead a team to state only to get steamrolled by Chatard. For us it is a special player every 10 or 20 years, for Chatard it is yearly. Titan32 (who I really do like, sometimes he thinks I am stabbing at him, I'm not, I'd love to sit down and break bread with him some time) is secretly happy that Chatard was in 4A the year they won state.  He won't admit that and frankly, I don't blame him....he will probably make the statement, "I wish Chatard would have been in 3A that year so we could beat the best", which is the same thing I would say and we would both be fibbing.  Heritage Hills is 1-8 against Chatard and the year we beat them, we didn't win state that year. 

I will be honest here...we have generational talent on this team at the underclassmen level.  We are a decent team now and next year should be great and should only get better over the next couple years--I am glad that Chatard won't be there next year or the year after with their yearly team to just win another state title in 3A.  If T32 is honest he feels the same way because we are both likely going to have to beat each other to get there over the next couple years and we want a decent game.

Edited by HHPatriots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

You know, maybe @Titan32 is sad.  Lots of us are sad about this very thing.  We, HH, GS, SR, etc get generational players like Brady Allen, we had Jay Culter, etc and it takes that guy to lead a team to state only to get steamrolled by Chatard. For us it is a special player every 10 or 20 years, for Chatard it is yearly. Titan32 (who I really do like, sometimes he thinks I am stabbing at him, I'm not, I'd love to sit down and break bread with him some time) is secretly happy that Chatard was in 4A the year they won state.  He won't admit that and frankly, I don't blame him....he will probably make the statement, "I wish Chatard would have been in 3A that year so we could beat the best", which is the same thing I would say and we would both be fibbing.  Heritage Hills is 1-8 against Chatard and the year we beat them, we didn't win state that year. 

I will be honest here...we have generational talent on this team at the underclassmen level.  We are a decent team now and next year should be great and should only get better over the next couple years--I am glad that Chatard won't be there next year or the year after with their yearly team to just win another state title in 3A.  If T32 is honest he feels the same way because we are both likely going to have to beat each other to get there over the next couple years and we want a decent game.

Great post! Now shut this shit show down. Kinda surprised/disappointed they let it go so far off topic. I swear to God I am 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:14 PM, temptation said:

Feel bad for TV.  Beat season in school history and going home in round 1…likely in blowout fashion.

Tippecanoe Valley lost at state in 77. They won state in 79. 1978 and 1981 they had undefeated regular seasons. This Valley team was a good Valley team but they've had better. Valley should be solid for the next few years. 

On 10/16/2023 at 8:53 PM, Stoner said:

Valley’s ‘79 team was incredible. Widest splits I’ve ever seen an offensive line employ, and no one could stop Tim Alspaugh.

My uncle after all these years still has flashbacks from Alspaugh! Lost by 60! Lol. 

The "popcornality" of the comments made within this thread.... AND the absolute hi-jacking of it for the mere fact that it could be done...  Sometimes makes it worth just killing an afternoon reading postings.

Now I'll get back to eating that popcorn, and re-read this thread.   😁

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 11:44 AM, Muda69 said:

Not a big deal.  There just aren't a lot of Tippecanoe Valley athletic supporters on this forum, and those that are during this time of year should be out in the fields harvesting their crops.  They don't have the time to bicker about a football game.

So all the TV parents and fans are farmers? Is everyone in town shootin blanks? I gotta go