Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 all things 5A

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

Overconfident teams quickly find themselves down 42-14. Don't underestimate teams from The Fort. 

No one's underestimating anyone,  well except maybe Dwenger underestimating every 5A team in the north with all their chirping.   And there was no underestimating in 2015 either, the more talented team won that day.  That was probably Snider's best team. 

1 minute ago, dmizers3 said:

No one's underestimating anyone,  well except maybe Dwenger underestimating every 5A team in the north with all their chirping.   And there was no underestimating in 2015 either, the more talented team won that day.  That was probably Snider's best team. 

Dwenger is a very confident program. I've never known them to underestimate anyone. And as good as I think they have the potential to be this year, they have Valpo to contend with. To me that game could go either way. This years talented SAC will prepare them well. I still like NP as the favorite, but the Dwenger/Valpo winner will give them a war. 

Much respect to New Pal. That game in 2015 was a matter of who had the ball last. I think both teams could have given Penn and CG a run for their money at the 6a level. With regard to Snider's best team...……….2004, 1986, 1992, & 1997. Probably in that order. I think the 2015 team comes in between 5-7 with the 2002 & 2012 teams. The offense in 2015 has a case for the programs best offense ever. Defense is the reason I don't rank them in my Top 4. 

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

Dwenger is a very confident program. I've never known them to underestimate anyone. And as good as I think they have the potential to be this year, they have Valpo to contend with. To me that game could go either way. This years talented SAC will prepare them well. I still like NP as the favorite, but the Dwenger/Valpo winner will give them a war. 

Much respect to New Pal. That game in 2015 was a matter of who had the ball last. I think both teams could have given Penn and CG a run for their money at the 6a level. With regard to Snider's best team...……….2004, 1986, 1992, & 1997. Probably in that order. I think the 2015 team comes in between 5-7 with the 2002 & 2012 teams. The offense in 2015 has a case for the programs best offense ever. Defense is the reason I don't rank them in my Top 4. 

Seems fair, I don't know enough about the Snider program so I'll defer to your expertise.   Similar to NO then, arguably the best offense NP has had, defense not so much, it was a crazy fun game to watch.  

And you're right about the North being tough, Valpo is very good, Dwenger obviously very good, I wouldn't sleep on Michigan City either, plenty of talent returns from last year's semi state run.  Should be a fun tournament. And could not agree more on Dwenger's schedule preparing them.  Much more difficult than what NP faces in the HHC.  Week 2 should be fun though with NP traveling to Center Grove.   I'm sure CG will be salty after last year.

2 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

What chirping? The Saints aren't thinking about anyone outside the SAC for the next 2 months.

14 hours ago, Boilernation said:

IMO, Valpo’s move to 5A makes them an immediate contender to rep the the North. They are going to have some very large and disruptive lines on both sides of the ball.

So, I'm trying to understand why Valpo moved down to 5A after having enough success points to stay in 6A after winning regional??

17 minutes ago, psaboy said:

So, I'm trying to understand why Valpo moved down to 5A after having enough success points to stay in 6A after winning regional??

I'm pretty sure they were 6A based on enrollment. When it looked like Snider was in 5A this year, Warsaw was the smallest 6A school, except for Columbus East. So when Snider went back up, Valpo went down.

1 hour ago, WilELee said:

I'm pretty sure they were 6A based on enrollment. When it looked like Snider was in 5A this year, Warsaw was the smallest 6A school, except for Columbus East. So when Snider went back up, Valpo went down.

If valpo had enough points to stay up plus their population qualifies for 6a..who or what makes the decision to move them down? Geographically easier during tourney time?

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

The "stay up" points are only for those teams that were bumped up based on success points.  The criteria starts with enrollment.  Valpo dropped to 5A based on enrollment (and other success factor movements) first.  They do not have the required 6 points over the past 2 seasons to force a move up in classification.  Trust me, I would prefer Valpo stayed in 6A, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

On a side note  does  anyone know how to tag a member instead of quoting their entire post? Seemed like you could do that on the last forum.....

Like this @MuleDriver .... simply type @ before you start typing the members name and it will populate automatically.

2 hours ago, WilELee said:

@WilELee - http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/football schools 19-20.pdf

Warsaw is not the smallest 6A school by enrollment. Zionsville, Chesterton, Columbus North and Lafayette Jefferson are all "smaller" than Warsaw, although the bottom 8 schools of 6A are all within 200 students of each other.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WilELee said:

Yeah, strange that a team that wins sectional two years in a row (Snider) with a smaller enrollment, trumps a higher enrollment school that won a regional. Oh well, not complaining since I rather have Snider play in 6A, just curious.

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Like this @MuleDriver .... simply type @ before you start typing the members name and it will populate automatically.

@WilELee - http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/football schools 19-20.pdf

Warsaw is not the smallest 6A school by enrollment. Zionsville, Chesterton, Columbus North and Lafayette Jefferson are all "smaller" than Warsaw, although the bottom 8 schools of 6A are all within 200 students of each other.

Minus CE which is 600 less than anyone else in 6A. Tough sledding for my boys this year lol. 

Ok. Snider it 1860, but not a 6a school by enrollment. That's why I mentioned 1200. 

Kudos to CE, they have a case for being the best program in the state, pound for pound, over the last decade and a half. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I think he already explained where the chirping came from, if you missed it...scroll up. 

Saying Dwenger was chirping because they said they will see New Pal next year in Indy is a HUGE stretch.   If Valpo or Michigan City or even North Side  wanted to take issue with it, that’s one thing but if Dwenger in fact said they will see New Pal next year, they are saying New Pal is so good, they will be in the State Finals. It would have been a compliment.   Nice try though.  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Saying Dwenger was chirping because they said they will see New Pal next year in Indy is a HUGE stretch.   If Valpo or Michigan City or even North Side  wanted to take issue with it, that’s one thing but if Dwenger in fact said they will see New Pal next year, they are saying New Pal is so good, they will be in the State Finals. It would have been a compliment.   Nice try though.  

Maybe I should have told you to scroll up and not him. I wasn’t the one that originally called it chirping.. that came from a parent of a player.. Even better effort though... 

Not sure how close you are to the program, but the sophomore class is loaded and they will get plenty of playing time this season at OL, WR, LB and a TE that's a freshman.  They get through the regular season with minimal injuries and they will have plenty of depth and experience come tournament time with the young men and that schedule.  Getting closer to the season I believe the OL has shifted from starting 3 sophomores to 4 seniors and 1 sophomore due to a summer transfer. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Maybe I should have told you to scroll up and not him. I wasn’t the one that originally called it chirping.. that came from a parent of a player.. Even better effort though... 

Thanks for clarifying.  I see where Mr Hook never said BD was “chirping”.  It was another New Pal fan.  However, you referenced it and that’s why I responded to you.  

Whoever ends up getting to the 5A State Title game will have had a very tough road.  North and South.  Valpo will be very good. Michigan City as well.  Mishawaka will be good. North Side and/or Northrop could prove to be very good.  Regionals would be against quality programs too.   New Pal(obviously very well coached and the players are as hard nosed as you will find. (Hook, the DE, 3 returning OL and I believe Lbs and WR as well) Add CS at running back and they are as good as any team at all levels. Cathedral is Cathedral.  Decatur Central will be good. I’m not as knowledgeable about the teams in South but I’m sure there are more(Bloomington s?).  

Bottom line, whoever makes it will be 2 very good teams and will likely make for a great game.

On a separate note to  Mr Hook,  For the record, I think your son is every bit as valuable as Spiegel is  to New Pal.  He is fun to watch play. 

Edited by OldschoolFB

21 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

On a separate note to  Mr Hook,  For the record, I think your son is every bit as valuable as Spiegel is  to New Pal.  He is fun to watch play. 

Thank you.  I appreciate that.  I definitely did not mean to imply anybody was chirping.  Dwenger is confident they will compete in 5A.  Good for them.  That's what this season is all about.  I knew last year after week 2 that NP was very, very good.  Definitely lost some great seniors and leadership.  That team was also blessed with very few injuries.  Not sure if this team is in their class yet.  The QB last year was one of the toughest runners I've ever seen.  Well maybe since his brother.  That will be missed.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Thanks 1