Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rensselaer coming back down in 2A taking the place of Laville in that sectional will keep it more competitive. The Bombers have always been very competitive in 2A, are well coached, and I expect they will be again this year being back down. We always scrimmage them at Manchester camp and are always impressed with a lot of their guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Rensselaer coming back down in 2A taking the place of Laville in that sectional will keep it more competitive. The Bombers have always been very competitive in 2A, are well coached, and I expect they will be again this year being back down. We always scrimmage them at Manchester camp and are always impressed with a lot of their guys.

Completely agree with you. RC is a good program, well coached with kids that buy in. They also run an offensive scheme we don’t see often and tends to give us fits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

Completely agree with you. RC is a good program, well coached with kids that buy in. They also run an offensive scheme we don’t see often and tends to give us fits.

They are a textbook example of the benefits of continuity in the coaching staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jbk2 said:

Don't forget Western Boone is back in 2a

5 hours ago, Punttheball said:

Nobody has forgotten.

4 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Hey, have you heard??? WeBo is back in 2a.

I suspect there will be a future thread about 15 pages long about the flaws of SF after they pick up another blue ring in 2A. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that there.

17 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Disagree on Mater Dei game in State finals. #1 MD was a good football team. #2 Andrean is playing with their back up qb and original starting qb coming off broken collarbone and # 3 Bowen playing with a torn PCL and sprains his ankle in 1st quarter in same leg. 

I’ll give you Pioneer game. Pioneer no slouch but not the better team. They made every 4th down play and Andrean didn’t and turned it over. Covid year…. Weird season overall. 

I’d buy the backup QB excuse if the kid hadn’t started basically the whole year outside of the first drive of the first game. Bowen did drag that team single-handedly to state, but if you know he’s banged up, don’t make the entire offensive game plan revolve around handing him the ball every play. Ballantine had been back a couple weeks if I recall correctly, if they really weren’t that confident in Henry they should’ve used that time to get Ballentine back in there as opposed to panicking and putting him in the second half of the state game when he had only played a couple of snaps in garbage time since he had been back. Yes Mater Dei was good, but I don’t know how one can say that was a well played and prepared for game by the Niners as a team and staff. 

46 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I’d buy the backup QB excuse if the kid hadn’t started basically the whole year outside of the first drive of the first game. Bowen did drag that team single-handedly to state, but if you know he’s banged up, don’t make the entire offensive game plan revolve around handing him the ball every play. Ballantine had been back a couple weeks if I recall correctly, if they really weren’t that confident in Henry they should’ve used that time to get Ballentine back in there as opposed to panicking and putting him in the second half of the state game when he had only played a couple of snaps in garbage time since he had been back. Yes Mater Dei was good, but I don’t know how one can say that was a well played and prepared for game by the Niners as a team and staff. 

If you recall, they did prep Ballentine but his arm was a rag arm. When he played earlier in playoffs, his arm was garbage. Not faulting him but he was a shell of himself. Henry played well during season all things considered but struggled in big games and did in that game. Bowen had a pcl injury since Merrillville game aggravated in semi state and sprained it in 1st quarter. Oh I almost forgot, Clacks has strep throat came on during walk through at LOS.

So basically your entire offense is injured, recovering from injury and/or sick and MD coaches were brilliant in running a 4x4 stack they didn’t show all year.

So Scarab the new OC for Andrean, what you going to do.

Also, let’s not forget MD damn good team. I’m sorry but refuse to view that one as an example of a bad loss.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

If you recall, they did prep Ballentine but his arm was a rag arm. When he played earlier in playoffs, his arm was garbage. Not faulting him but he was a shell of himself. Henry played well during season all things considered but struggled in big games and did in that game. Bowen had a pcl injury since Merrillville game aggravated in semi state and sprained it in 1st quarter. Oh I almost forgot, Clacks has strep throat came on during walk through at LOS.

So basically your entire offense is injured, recovering from injury and/or sick and MD coaches were brilliant in running a 4x4 stack they didn’t show all year.

So Scarab the new OC for Andrean, what you going to do.

Also, let’s not forget MD damn good team. I’m sorry but refuse to view that one as an example of a bad loss.

Part of the reason Clacks left was because of the coaching during that game…lol. Strep throat or not they should have fed the ball to him more, he’d say the same. 

Ballentine did look bad in garbage time coming back, but then why go to him halfway through the biggest game of the year. Because they panicked and didn’t know what to do. 

If you don’t trust Henry, why are you giving him the option to throw with an rpo backed up in your own red zone with a minute left in the half? 

The current coaching staff has had a mound of excuses made for them every time they’ve lost in the postseason. It was a bad loss and overall a pretty embarrassing display, we don’t have to baby them. 

Edited by scarab527
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Disagree on Mater Dei game in State finals. #1 MD was a good football team. #2 Andrean is playing with their back up qb and original starting qb coming off broken collarbone and # 3 Bowen playing with a torn PCL and sprains his ankle in 1st quarter in same leg. 

I’ll give you Pioneer game. Pioneer no slouch but not the better team. They made every 4th down play and Andrean didn’t and turned it over. Covid year…. Weird season overall. 

Dude, there is an entire backstory on Clacks that could take up this entire thread. It didn’t work out so well for him. Feel bad for him though.

Henry struggled in big games all year and Ballentine was bad on recovery and honestly was underwhelming his entire senior year not all his fault but a lot was. He could never read rpo’s his entire career.

Once Drayk was hobbled and MD shutdown run, pressure placed on QB’s and neither performed. 

On that day, the better team won. If healthy, maybe different outcome.

15 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Always been our forever home !!!!   See you in a few weeks 

14 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Excited to back home in 2a North, 219 Sectional !!!

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

They are a textbook example of the benefits of continuity in the coaching staff.

My Brothers!!!   Literally been with HOF Coach Meeks from his 1st game in 1999 when he called a timeout and threw the kicking block back to the sidelines to WIN THE GAME with the 2 pt conversion for Victory with a Chris Yenna Belly if Im not mistaken.   Film guy then, paid staff when student taught in 2003, OC in 2024 and  counting.........  Wouldn't have it another way.     Goes for our DC as well, and Varsity Assistant in Coach Stevens, heck he was on staff my SR in 1997!!   

7 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I need one of those Wagon Masters. I swear to God I do

I've been known to deliver 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Things are getting interesting in 2A North & the ACAC. Coach Kolkman is leaving the head coaching position at Heritage and is going to be an assistant at Bluffton. He just got Heritage back on track and seemed to be building a nice culture & foundation for the Patriots. Very solid addition to Bluffton.

13 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Things are getting interesting in 2A North & the ACAC. Coach Kolkman is leaving the head coaching position at Heritage and is going to be an assistant at Bluffton. He just got Heritage back on track and seemed to be building a nice culture & foundation for the Patriots. Very solid addition to Bluffton.

He seems to bounce around a lot. To be fair though, I'm not certain he left North Side on his own accord. Good coach. 

Seeing as how Mater Dei took us (linton) out for several years in a row...I with they'd of been up a class a while back!   not that we'd of been at Lucas.. but a couple of those teams woulda given anyone a battle.