Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 2 July

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Who said I was hoping for doomsday?  My son’s a senior, I live in Lake County, I know what’s gong on.

Exactly...it is BEYOND ridiculous for anyone to think that anyone here is hoping for a "doomsday". To say football will happen "whether you like it or not" is ridiculous as well. There is not one person here who wants football, or athletics to shut down. Every one of us would love to see the season go off without a hitch. It is just that some disagree with each other about what is happening now. And some......*cough* @DannEllenwood *cough* are just far more optimistic than most. :) I would LOVE to be able to be close to as optimistic. 

26 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Even if they had the CHOICE to play/not play or not attend in person classes? 

Hamilton Heights students can choose either e-learning or in-classroom education option. Participation in Sports is not allowed if they choose E-learning.

Edited by gonzoron

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Are you indicating that those two statements are mutually connected?

Even if they had the CHOICE to play/not play or not attend in person classes? 

Those concerned about the risks have options, no?

Choices

18 total schools with cases or pauses:

- East Chicago Central
- Michigan City
- Hammond Gavit
- Hammond Clark
- Hammond High
- Hammond Morton
- South Bend St. Joe
 Mishawaka High School  
Brownstown
North Central (Indy)
Terre Haute South
Silver Creek
An Unknown School in Floyd County
Fishers
Portage
Boone Grove
Calumet
River Forest

52 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Exactly...it is BEYOND ridiculous for anyone to think that anyone here is hoping for a "doomsday". To say football will happen "whether you like it or not" is ridiculous as well. There is not one person here who wants football, or athletics to shut down. Every one of us would love to see the season go off without a hitch. It is just that some disagree with each other about what is happening now. And some......*cough* @DannEllenwood *cough* are just far more optimistic than most. 🙂 I would LOVE to be able to be close to as optimistic. 

Love ya Irish. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Exactly...it is BEYOND ridiculous for anyone to think that anyone here is hoping for a "doomsday". To say football will happen "whether you like it or not" is ridiculous as well. There is not one person here who wants football, or athletics to shut down. Every one of us would love to see the season go off without a hitch. It is just that some disagree with each other about what is happening now. And some......*cough* @DannEllenwood *cough* are just far more optimistic than most. 🙂 I would LOVE to be able to be close to as optimistic. 

Well said!  I love football, and will always be for it under the right conditions.  But here’s the deal: there’s so much to COVID-19, probably much more than we realize.  I’m not an epidemiologist, virologist, or any other kind of ist, just a crappy excuse for an accountant.  I just want everybody to be safe.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

As has been stated prior...I and everyone else want HS sports to happen.  Having said that, there is one simple question here:  What is different today (July 17) than back in March/April when everything was shut down?  Is the virus not still as highly contagious as it was then?  Until we have a vaccine/treatment, how can any situation be any different than back when all of this began?  

18 out of 329 approx. 5%. I'd love to see 0 but not completely freaking out yet. 12 out of 18 are in Lake and Porter Counties.

In my mind, next 2 weeks are key. Two weeks of practice under our belt and lets see it we have nay more breakouts. Also, watch positivity rate. It must stay under 10%.

cw13 - are you tracking when they fall off list due to return?

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

That might not be the case here but some folks who love football are still actively rooting for chaos this fall.

Pat Forde has already blamed the Oval Office if college football doesn’t happen this fall.  It’s embarrassing that guys like him let their political blinders get in the way of common sense.

He, and other “sports writers” (Darren Rovell nationally and Gregg Doyel locally) must not realize how “non essential” they are if sports don’t happen.  They are irrelevant without it yet continue to gloat when cancellations are made or suggested.

Many teachers might need to prepare for the same reality.

Strange times in which we live...

0C0D74DB-A3AB-4CDC-9F42-ABC4AF9E7702.png

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Focus on the symptoms. What are they?  This “virus” is not a new virus. We have had these symptoms for ever. We have dealt with this for ever. 

Keep your eyes on states and when their “restrictions” end. Very telling. 

2A9BC4A4-1303-4DC0-A307-6CBD145F5651.png

5681765A-5D94-4E95-A4A1-0642401BC27C.png

CC75B6E9-A880-4ABA-865E-EF9A40389EDA.jpeg

I find this SHOCKING!!!!   Do you mean when 144 people show up to test site and all 144 test positive could be inaccurate.  G

4 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

I find this SHOCKING!!!!   Do you mean when 144 people show up to test site and all 144 test positive could be inaccurate.  G

I think it depends on what sites you're talking about.  My understanding is that most of the walk-in test sites utilize nasal swab tests, which if I understand what I have read, only tests for the current presence of the virus in the individual tested.  An anti-body test, again it is my understanding, requires a blood draw, which I would guess, is only being done for some specific reason.  It certainly does not take away from the fact that this is incredibly frustrating...

8 hours ago, cw13 said:

18 total schools with cases or pauses:

- East Chicago Central
- Michigan City
- Hammond Gavit
- Hammond Clark
- Hammond High
- Hammond Morton
- South Bend St. Joe
 Mishawaka High School  
Brownstown
North Central (Indy)
Terre Haute South
Silver Creek
An Unknown School in Floyd County
Fishers
Portage
Boone Grove
Calumet
River Forest

Leo, Homestead, Luers had pauses...not sure if this is a now or  then list.  How many tests were done at the schools listed?  

Edited by Robert

6 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

I am going off what the licensed, medical, non politically backed physicians are reporting. 

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I am going off what the licensed, medical, non politically backed physicians are reporting. 

That certainly is fishy.  What isn't fishy is that possibly thousands of people are being tested and then athletes and coaches are being found to have the virus and school hasn't started yet.  I know you and yours won't die, but somebody will. 

38 minutes ago, Robert said:

That certainly is fishy.  What isn't fishy is that possibly thousands of people are being tested and then athletes and coaches are being found to have the virus and school hasn't started yet.  I know you and yours won't die, but somebody will. 

And someone died in an auto accident yesterday and it was ruled "COVID" so......

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Link to the story?

I don't know about indiana but I watched illnois health department press conference say no matter what the cause airplane crash, car accident, drowning, etc and you have covid it is ruled a covid death.    

1 minute ago, Mayo77 said:

I don't know about indiana but I watched illnois health department press conference say no matter what the cause airplane crash, car accident, drowning, etc and you have covid it is ruled a covid death.    

Link to the press conference? And the date?