Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Probably an Ignorant question...

jets

Are schools up in Indy operating virtually or in-person?? I thought I remembered reading somewhere awhile back that all IPS schools were going to go virtual until like October?? Is that the case, and if so, does that include Warren and Ben Davis?? And aren't they playing football games?? Any other schools around the State operating as virtual, but still playing games? 

I'm hoping with the new CDC guidelines that we will be brought back to normal here real soon...

11 minutes ago, jets said:

Are schools up in Indy operating virtually or in-person?? I thought I remembered reading somewhere awhile back that all IPS schools were going to go virtual until like October?? Is that the case, and if so, does that include Warren and Ben Davis?? And aren't they playing football games?? Any other schools around the State operating as virtual, but still playing games? 

I'm hoping with the new CDC guidelines that we will be brought back to normal here real soon...

Salem is virtual and playing games, and I believe Jeffersonville is, as well. 

The Gov needs to take back the executive order that gave so many of these health depts all of this power. 

• Kill me now 1

20 minutes ago, jets said:

IPS is not Warren, Ben Davis, North Central, Pike, Lawrence.... all in Marion County but they are their own township school systems. As to how they are teaching I don't know.  I doubt any two are the same.

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

IPS is not Warren, Ben Davis, North Central, Pike, Lawrence.... all in Marion County but they are their own township school systems. As to how they are teaching I don't know.  I doubt any two are the same.

That is very confusing to me...but thanks for the clarification. 

Does anyone know if those schools are operating virtually or? 

5 minutes ago, jets said:

That is very confusing to me...but thanks for the clarification. 

Does anyone know if those schools are operating virtually or? 

Warren is operating in-person. North Central is Virtual i belive. 

Edited by Warren05

Indianapolis Public Schools include Tech, Attucks, Shortridge, Washington and Manual. All other former IPS high schools have been closed due to charter school expansion throughout the inner city. Ben Davis, Warren, North Central, Pike, Southport, Perry Meridian, Decatur Central and the Lawrence schools are Marion County Township.

IPS is virtual until October.

Kids need to return to normal school. Especially IPS students. Parental guidance is their greatest weakness. Virtual classes will result in 30-40% not even logging in on any given day and running the streets instead.

The human immune system is the key to stopping the spread.  Our leaders have put their faith in sheltering in place and cheap non medical grade masks from China. Ridiculous!

• Like 2

Just now, Howe said:

Kids need to return to normal school. Especially IPS students. Parental guidance is their greatest weakness. Virtual classes will result in 30-40% not even logging in on any given day and running the streets instead.

The human immune system is the key to stopping the spread.  Our leaders have put their faith in sheltering in place and cheap non medical grade masks from China. Ridiculous!

preach

I work in a manufacturing plant with over 1,000 union members where 80-90% refuse to wear masks or social distance. Our plant never shut down and has worked 10 hours per day 6-7 days per week since the coronavirus outbreak. We have had 5 people test positive for the coronavirus on two separate occasions. We have high tech temperature scanners for everyone who enters the plant. I observe hundreds of people playing cards at picnic tables each day during their breaks and lunch periods. They sit across from each other and no one is more than two feet from the other three workers. Our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus during the past 3 and a half months.

It would be interesting to conduct coronavirus antibody tests on the entire workforce. I would not be surprised if 50% or more tested positive. I suspect the workforce has developed herd immunity and that is the reason the virus has not spread for 3 and a half months

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:29 AM, jets said:

Ben Davis is open in a hybrid schedule. Students A-K attend Monday/Tuesday, L-Z attend Thursday/Friday. They are virtual the days they are not in person. There are also several students on all virtual called Wayne @ Home. Warren and BD are in different school districts.

I'm glad Marion County Department of Public Health decided to open schools this way. It plainly was not safe to open up all in person. We've seen other area schools try that and then have to switch to hybrid or virtual.

Edited by BDGiant93

On 8/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, Howe said:

I work in a manufacturing plant with over 1,000 union members where 80-90% refuse to wear masks or social distance. Our plant never shut down and has worked 10 hours per day 6-7 days per week since the coronavirus outbreak. We have had 5 people test positive for the coronavirus on two separate occasions. We have high tech temperature scanners for everyone who enters the plant. I observe hundreds of people playing cards at picnic tables each day during their breaks and lunch periods. They sit across from each other and no one is more than two feet from the other three workers. Our plant has had no further spread of the coronavirus during the past 3 and a half months.

It would be interesting to conduct coronavirus antibody tests on the entire workforce. I would not be surprised if 50% or more tested positive. I suspect the workforce has developed herd immunity and that is the reason the virus has not spread for 3 and a half months

So, you believe that if you don't have COVID, and you don't know anyone that has it, then it either doesn't exist or it isn't serious?  I understand wanting the world to return to normal, especially our small part of it but there are a lot of sick people and deaths from this virus.

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Nope, not enough pay. One of my old friends teaches at Shortridge, however.

So that's why you fled to to the desert.  Got it.  How many poverty stricken students do you teach in Clark County, Nevada?