Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Probably an Ignorant question...

jets

8 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I'm glad Marion County Department of Public Health decided to open schools this way. It plainly was not safe to open up all in person. We've seen other area schools try that and then have to switch to hybrid or virtual.

Based on CDC data, over five times as many school aged children died from influenza as have died from the coronavirus.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

I suppose whichever one would make the best statistic for people to remember me by.

The correct answer is burned at the stake ... because a hot stake is always better than a cold chop. 😂🤣😅

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The correct answer is burned at the stake ... because a hot stake is always better than a cold chop. 😂🤣😅

@Coach Nowlin ... Where is that GROAN vote that's supposed to be added to the responses?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Which is the better way to die?

CDC Director Robert Redfield stated "Suicide and drug overdoses are killing more young people than COVID as the two pre-existing epidemics have been exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic". "We're seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID". "We're seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above the excess that we had as background than we are seeing deaths from COVID".

The American Medical Association stated "Over 35 states have reported increases in opiod-related mortality as well as ongoing concerns for those with a mental illness or substance abuse disorder".

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Howe said:

CDC Director Robert Redfield stated "Suicide and drug overdoses are killing more young people than COVID as the two pre-existing epidemics have been exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic". "We're seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID". "We're seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above the excess that we had as background than we are seeing deaths from COVID".

The American Medical Association stated "Over 35 states have reported increases in opiod-related mortality as well as ongoing concerns for those with a mental illness or substance abuse disorder".

We're #1!  That's nothing to be proud of.  We all want to get back to normal life, but 180,000+ deaths in less than six months is serious. I have a friend who was diagnosed back in March and he's still having problems.  He was a healthy person, and still working full time.  Please don't try to convince us that it's not serious.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Howe said:

Not sure why you received a downtick for this (at least the first paragraph...I can’t verify the second.....mainly because I’m lazy).

The first paragraph was a quote, though....I found it pretty easily (which means anyone could).

The last thing one is allowed to do these days, apparently, is report the truth....you must have missed the memo.

But hey, its not like you’re writing for the New York Times or anything.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Not sure why you received a downtick for this (at least the first paragraph...I can’t verify the second.....mainly because I’m lazy).

The first paragraph was a quote, though....I found it pretty easily (which means anyone could).

The last thing one is allowed to do these days, apparently, is report the truth....you must have missed the memo.

Part of the downtick IMO is Howe has discredited the CDC but still uses their data in arguments... that and he rarly comments on the real topic, always has to be political and people are tired of it(part of the reason why so many topics have been closed in the past.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Feel free to contact me via DM about said downtick.

3 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Part of the downtick IMO is Howe has discredited the CDC but still uses their data in arguments... that and he rarly comments on the real topic, always has to be political and people are tired of it(part of the reason why so many topics have been closed in the past.

There is nothing "political" about a quote from the CDC Director and a statement from the American Medical Association.

I probably need to explain first principles for me.  

I haven’t given a single downtick in the 12-13 years I’ve been around here.  I gave Muda a couple when he p!ssed me off and then withdrew them 5 minutes later.

I’ve always figured that if I really have a disagreement with someone, I’d argue it out.  Otherwise, I just like being smarmy.

But then....that’s just me.

Hell, I’ve given Muda upticks in the middle of vicious disagreements just because he made a semi-good point...or made me chuckle (obviously accidental....since Muda has no sense of humor....waiting, waiting).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I probably need to explain first principles for me.  

I haven’t given a single downtick in the 12-13 years I’ve been around here.

I’ve always figured that if I really have a disagreement with someone, I’d argue it out.  Otherwise, I just like being smarmy.

But then....that’s just me.

I have been on this forum since 2005 and I have never submitted a downtick either. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

21 minutes ago, Howe said:

I have been on this forum since 2005 and I have never submitted a downtick either. 

Just kind of my personal gig.  I always figured that if I really disagreed enough with someone enough to give them a downtick I, at least, ought to talk it out.  

If not, then they just weren’t worth the time to give a downtick to anyway.

Again, that’s just me....

• Like 2