Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Crown Point at Penn

28 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Are these guys interior Dlineman or LBs?

Could be wrong but Will (220 lb state champ) plays an outside linebacker position while Paul (hwt state champ) played the season on the offensive line but will play on the defensive line when needed. Again not 100% sure. Fun fact the Clark’s also have younger triplets who are freshman and the 2 boys are also football and wrestlers. 

55 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Could be wrong but Will (220 lb state champ) plays an outside linebacker position while Paul (hwt state champ) played the season on the offensive line but will play on the defensive line when needed. Again not 100% sure. Fun fact the Clark’s also have younger triplets who are freshman and the 2 boys are also football and wrestlers. 

Paul was not a state champ , he placed 3rd last year . He should win it this school year though . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Paul was not a state champ , he placed 3rd last year . He should win it this school year though . 

Sorry good catch!! He lost to Jones from Brownsburg in the semi finals. 

This Crown Point team is really talented. Getting upset last year to Lafayette Jeff and their lackluster schedule this year has people wondering how good they actually are and rightfully so. The quarterback, imo, is the difference as he can really throw the ball well along with running it. Has a lot of weapons, the running back and some tall pass catchers that I think allow CP to score enough for them to come away with the win this week and advance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Sorry good catch!! He lost to Jones from Brownsburg in the semi finals. 

This Crown Point team is really talented. Getting upset last year to Lafayette Jeff and their lackluster schedule this year has people wondering how good they actually are and rightfully so. The quarterback, imo, is the difference as he can really throw the ball well along with running it. Has a lot of weapons, the running back and some tall pass catchers that I think allow CP to score enough for them to come away with the win this week and advance. 

Well Friday is quickly approaching. I hear it is going to be brisk that night. 

Cannot wait. 

19 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Penn/Elkhart to the DAC and the East/West split was discussed on here extensively a few years ago. I thought it made a lot of sense at the time but I'm not sure of that now. I think the DAC is pretty content with its current membership as of now. And I really think it would benefit the DAC teams and Penn/Elkhart more to start scheduling better OOC competition (FW, Indy, Chicago Burbs) than that configuration. 

The only problem is there's a small window to get those OOC games in and you have to have reciprocated interest. Regarding Illinois, they start a week later than Indiana. And a lot of the Suburban Conferences don't travel far for OOC. They'll play a Chicago Catholic League school or schools from different Conferences (i.e. DuPage Valley vs. West Suburban). 

43 minutes ago, psaboy said:

How good is CP's D? I see they have held M-ville and Valpo to combined 20 points. Does the D have ability to limit Penn to 2-3 TDS max?

Against the run they’re very stout. But like I mentioned earlier they haven’t been challenged in the passing game once this year. 

If Penn can take advantage of this fact, I think they could put up 28 points or more. If not, then I definitely could see CP holding them to 2-3 TDs. 

19 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

If Penn wins we play away no matter what. If CP wins and Westfield wins Westfield plays at CP, if HSE wins CP plays there.

Why would Westfield play at CP, if CP already has played two home games to Westfield's one? I thought that was the determining factor, and that placement on the bracket only came into play if both teams had played an equal number of games at home? Just wondering.

2 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Why would Westfield play at CP, if CP already has played two home games to Westfield's one? I thought that was the determining factor, and that placement on the bracket only came into play if both teams had played an equal number of games at home? Just wondering.

Just going off of what is on Harrell

Screenshot 2023-11-08 131652.png

Valpo's D shut down CP and held CP to 19 points, Valpo, granted in the first game struggled to stop Penn's O. The score was close by virtue of two very bad plays by the Defensive secondary....that has become very opportunistic group as the year has progressed. 

The Penn CB's have developed a ball hawk trait as the season has progressed. They also can find the house, with at least 3 pick 6's this season. 

CP defensively is stout in the front 7. Their liability is in the secondary especially with opponents that have speed at wr.

CP offensively is all about the offensive line and the power running attack. The running back is not special but behind that line anyone would look good. QB is a good player but has had a tendency to play tight in big games at least in the past. In my opinion, he’s more dangerous as a runner not a thrower.

I don’t know much about Penn but they better come ready for a physical football game. Defensively, they must keep contain on CP qb or he will make you pay.

This game will be won or loss in the trenches and who wears down at LOS in 4th quarter. Good luck to both teams.

2 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Per ISHAA on how semi state locations are determined.

Classes 2A, 4A & 6A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1).

*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host.

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

The only way this score happens, is if Penn's O cannot stay on the field and by way of attrition CP pulls away late. 

CP is good....not Cathedral good. 

Thank you for your opinion.

5 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

They only scored 19 on Valpo and 21 on Chesterton . 

Noted.

What is PENN DL / FRONT 7,8 look like SIZE wise??  

CP is HUGE up front as stated above, they do a GREAT job working as a UNIT firing off the ball and having H backs come pulling into the Hole on the their POWER scheme.   

One thing I do know, PENN won't waste their DL by going to a 5 man front to "cut" out the OL of CP like Lake Central did last week, CP just ran over the top of it, and left NO DEFENDERS for LC to attack the LOS with.  Then when you fall asleep as stated also above, the QB can launch it behind all the sleepy defenders to streaking Wideouts.   

CP 28 Penn 14 is my 46307 living area code prediction. (spoiler alert, I live n CP 🙂

On 11/8/2023 at 8:53 AM, Boilernation said:

The only problem is there's a small window to get those OOC games in and you have to have reciprocated interest. Regarding Illinois, they start a week later than Indiana. And a lot of the Suburban Conferences don't travel far for OOC. They'll play a Chicago Catholic League school or schools from different Conferences (i.e. DuPage Valley vs. West Suburban). 

True. I’m mainly talking about Indy/FW though I should make clear. The SAC opened up this year and Carroll was able to get two games vs Indy teams, Snider played Warren, North Side played LN, and Dwenger played Brownsburg. If the DAC wanted to, it could get games like this, I imagine. But for some reason these teams are (for the most part) seemingly content with playing local teams from lower classes. 

Let’s remember something. Cp was not in a good place before buzz got there usually teams go out to find other competition when they know their team can compete for 3 or 4 years! The ville did that with Warren central !  Cp is just getting on their feet with more athletes and great coaching staff! I am sure buzz knows he has to seek better talent in the future! How bout we let the process run its course!  Usually the success of a program in public schools outside of indy does not show itself until a staff has been there for 4 years!   I believe they are headed in the right direction! ITS A SHAME IN THIS DAY AND AGE EVERYONE WANTS INSTANT SUCCESS! THEN CRITICIZE WHEN THEY THINK THEIR OPINION MATTERS! 

Good luck to both teams!  Safe travels to all and no players get hurt!

35 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

True. I’m mainly talking about Indy/FW though I should make clear. The SAC opened up this year and Carroll was able to get two games vs Indy teams, Snider played Warren, North Side played LN, and Dwenger played Brownsburg. If the DAC wanted to, it could get games like this, I imagine. But for some reason these teams are (for the most part) seemingly content with playing local teams from lower classes. 

"Played" Brownsburg? Fooled them into thinking they'd be competitive?