Jump to content
Rodney

And your 2019 state champions are

Recommended Posts

6a: center grove beating out penn

5a: dwenger over bloomington south

4a: Evansville central over who knows now that the rest of the competition is in 5a

3a: bishop chatard over west Lafayette

2a: eastbrook over Evansville mater dei

1a: me for not watching

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Disdain 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your 3A state game would actually be the Sectional 28 championship game.....  LOL  #IHSAA

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to guess on 3a and 2a where people were going unfortunately, let me change that to chatard over whoever no never mind that will be the unofficial state final then

  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rodney said:

6a: center grove beating out penn

5a: dwenger over bloomington south

4a: Evansville central over who knows now that the rest of the competition is in 5a

3a: bishop chatard over west Lafayette

2a: eastbrook over Evansville mater dei

1a: me for not watching

More like CG over Carmel, but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2A: Mater Dei will have to get past Linton in the sectional first

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, if you're going to post a thread, no matter how right, or in this case wrong you might be, at least make sure your potential title games could actually happen.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rodney said:

6a: center grove beating out penn

5a: dwenger over bloomington south

4a: Evansville central over who knows now that the rest of the competition is in 5a

3a: bishop chatard over west Lafayette

2a: eastbrook over Evansville mater dei

1a: me for not watching

Most "Dwenger" post I've seen all year.  Let the season begin!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At least DT and Muda are educated trolls. This is a whole 'nother level.

Edited by indycoach10
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, indycoach10 said:

At least DT and Muda are educated trolls. This is a whole 'nother level.

He’s the white trash trailer park version of those 2 LOL. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6A:  Carmel over Brownsburg

5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

4A:  Mooresville over Marion

3A:  West Lafayette over Gibson Southern

2A:  Western Boone over Pioneer

1A:  North Vermillion over South Adams

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Look, if you're going to post a thread, no matter how right, or in this case wrong you might be, at least make sure your potential title games could actually happen.  

I was on the can when I wrote this 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Are we just going to overlook last year's defending 6A champion Warren Central? If the Warriors can get their offense going, look out!!!! Anything is possible with Dub C.

Too much to have to replace. Lost starting QB to Indian Creek. Was told that Back-up QB has foot injury. I'll root for Warren till I die but gonna take a lot to over come bog obstacles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

6A:  Carmel over Brownsburg

5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

4A:  Mooresville over Marion

3A:  West Lafayette over Gibson Southern

2A:  Western Boone over Pioneer

1A:  North Vermillion over South Adams

Spot on with 6A. Hoping Brownsburg can give Carmel a game, but I expect next year to be their state title run. Whole OL is JR's D1 QB and WR both JRs. They'll lose a great SR RB though.

New Pal can only beat themselves in 5A. Cathedral/DC in the regional will be their toughest game in the tourney

4A I think Evansville Central is LOADED with athletes, but wont have the line to make it. Interested to see what Roncalli has to bring being back in 4A. Mooresville has a couple dynamic athletes and I've heard their line is going to be pretty solid this season, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them win it.

3A- Also think West Lafayette  will win it all (I think whoever comes out of that brutal sectional will win state)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Spot on with 6A. Hoping Brownsburg can give Carmel a game, but I expect next year to be their state title run. Whole OL is JR's D1 QB and WR both JRs. They'll lose a great SR RB though.

New Pal can only beat themselves in 5A. Cathedral/DC in the regional will be their toughest game in the tourney

4A I think Evansville Central is LOADED with athletes, but wont have the line to make it. Interested to see what Roncalli has to bring being back in 4A. Mooresville has a couple dynamic athletes and I've heard their line is going to be pretty solid this season, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them win it.

3A- Also think West Lafayette  will win it all (I think whoever comes out of that brutal sectional will win state)

 

While I agree New Pal is the 5A favorite,  there are plenty of challengers. Cathedral,  DC, Valpo, Dwenger and MC in no particular order.  If I had to make a pick I'd lean NP over Valpo as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmizers3 said:

While I agree New Pal is the 5A favorite,  there are plenty of challengers. Cathedral,  DC, Valpo, Dwenger and MC in no particular order.  If I had to make a pick I'd lean NP over Valpo as well.

I agree they're all tough opponents but I think DC/Cathedral winner is the team that could be the one to give NP a run for its money come tourney time. I would still take NP -14 vs any of them if I was a betting man lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much akin to the NCAA tourney in basketball, I love a good upset.  What if schools like Lawrence North (6A), Terre Haute South (5A), East Chicago Central (4A), Angola (3A), Benton Central (2A), and (dare I say it?) South Newton put together a Hickory Husker type of run and take all the marbles?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Warren05 said:

Lost starting QB to Indian Creek. 

4 different high schools in 4 years if I am correct.

I have to really respect those who work so hard in seeking out that perfect educational fit.........and never give up..............apparently.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rodney said:

6a: center grove beating out penn

5a: dwenger over bloomington south

4a: Evansville central over who knows now that the rest of the competition is in 5a

3a: bishop chatard over west Lafayette

2a: eastbrook over Evansville mater dei

1a: me for not watching

Although I really appreciate the glance into Rodney’s life, I find Class A games just as entertaining as the bigger classes.  These kids lay it all out and fight like hell.

In most cases, no D-1 scholarships will be awarded.  They play for the love of the game, nothing better than that...

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rodney said:

I was on the can when I wrote this 

Don't most guys do their best thinking on the can?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Much akin to the NCAA tourney in basketball, I love a good upset.  What if schools like Lawrence North (6A), Terre Haute South (5A), East Chicago Central (4A), Angola (3A), Benton Central (2A), and (dare I say it?) South Newton put together a Hickory Husker type of run and take all the marbles?

I know I ignored most Southern Indiana schools, sorry guys!!!  But Barr-Reeve doesn’t field a team, but the Vikings would be a mainstay at Lucas Oil Stadium, if they did...

Just now, SoIndRef said:

Don't most guys do their best thinking on the can?

Another glance into your life, thank you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rodney said:

6a: center grove beating out penn

5a: dwenger over bloomington south

4a: Evansville central over who knows now that the rest of the competition is in 5a

3a: bishop chatard over west Lafayette

2a: eastbrook over Evansville mater dei

1a: me for not watching

6A: North Central over Lafayette Jeff, 35-31

5A: Michigan City over New Pal, 28-24

4A: Marian over Evansville Central, 21-14

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern, 42-19

2A: Western Boone over Luers,  27-14

1A: Adams Central over Parke Heritage, 28-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

6A: North Central over Lafayette Jeff, 35-31

5A: Michigan City over New Pal, 28-24

4A: Marian over Evansville Central, 21-14

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern, 42-19

2A: Western Boone over Luers,  27-14

1A: Adams Central over Parke Heritage, 28-20

Unless Gibson Southern's QB has beefed up a bit, I feel like this is a bit of a stretch.  We had them when they played Henderson County last year.  Granted, conditions were not ideal, but if you rattled him and he had to move around, he was not very effective.  He is only a sophomore, so he is going to mature and improve, I just don't think this year is the year for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...