Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Sectional Assignments

17 hours ago, Coach Edwards said:

Does anyone have any idea as to when the IHSAA will release the new sectional alignments for the next 2 seasons?  It was my understanding that they would be released a week or so ago.  

this coming Monday, they met last Monday 

16 hours ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

In 2022, the Executive Meeting was held May 3rd, with the alignments being announced later that day.  

The next executive meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday.  Look for them to be announced later that day.

or what he said 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

2 hours ago, Lucy Draper said:

OMG you guys!!!! 🤗 

It's happening tomorrow and I'm sOoOoOoOoOoOooo EXCITED to find out where my son's team will end up!!!! 💪 🏈 🏉 ❤️ 🔥 🤡 🤡

I'm probably the only one who knows where you get your handle from--well played, sir...

Be nice to see those when they come out. Knew classes at least. Ohio just announced divisions & regions yesterday. Once we know Indiana sectionals, we can see where our Stateline teams are all assigned.

Along with other important info:  https://www.wrtv.com/sports/high-school/ihsaa-approves-girls-wrestling-boys-volleyball-as-new-sports-for-2024-25-school-year

On Monday, the IHSAA Board of Directors approved full recognition of boys volleyball and girls wrestling.

With full recognition, the two sports will now have an established IHSAA state tournament. Girls wrestling will be a winter sport while boys volleyball will be played in the spring.

Don't think a lot of folks foresaw Penn jumping into Sectional 1. Tough draw for Lafayette Harrison, gotta imagine they'd rather be grouped with the DAC (like Jeff was) than Westfield, Zionsville, and Carmel. Tough draw for LC and Portage as well.

24 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

2A Sectional 37

image.png.d16210ff74d746e40610011eaa98ecbb.png

Apparently they couldn't find a way to squeeze LCC into this one in place of Monrovia!

I mean, looking at a map, it'd be hard to argue against those schools being in the same sectional, yeah? The splitting Indy like a pie, at least in 2A, 2 years ago was massively stupid. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I mean, looking at a map, it'd be hard to argue against those schools being in the same sectional, yeah? The splitting Indy like a pie, at least in 2A, 2 years ago was massively stupid. 

I get it.  It makes the most sense.  You could almost call it the ICC tourney, with 5 of the 8 conference teams included.

4 hours ago, CoachMack219 said:

Don't think a lot of folks foresaw Penn jumping into Sectional 1. Tough draw for Lafayette Harrison, gotta imagine they'd rather be grouped with the DAC (like Jeff was) than Westfield, Zionsville, and Carmel. Tough draw for LC and Portage as well.

Yes, feel bad for Harrison.  They are an up and coming program that will be pretty damn good it seems but I give them little chance in that gauntlet of a sectional.

Edited by temptation

35 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes, feel bad for Harrison.  They are an up and coming program that will be pretty damn good it seems but I give them little chance in that gauntlet of a sectional.

Maybe they'll draw Zionsville on a down year. 

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

Zionsville is 15-1 all time against Harrison (WL).

Even a “bad” Zionsville outfit would give Harrison fits.

Agree. I was thinking a 28-14 type game on an off year. That's not a slight on Harrison by any means. It's more of a testament of how good Indy suburban schools have become over the last 15 years. I like my idea better of sticking two FW teams in Indy and two in SB. That would have pushed Harrison to the northwest. Crown Point is no slouch, but that sectional would have been easier with Penn being pushed to SB/FW. 

• Like 2