Coach Nowlin

IHSAA Enrollment Numbers that will be used

IHSAA sent this out this morning 

January 14, 2019 School Enrollments Announced for 2019‐20, 2020‐21 Team Tournaments The enrollment totals of IHSAA member schools which will be used in the reclassification and realignment process this spring have been announced.   Classifications will be set and published by the end of February. The assignment of schools to each sectional in each team sport will take place in April by committee with the help of school administrators from around the state with their final recommendations being presented to the IHSAA Executive Committee for approval on April 29, 2019. The enrollment figures, the total of boys and girls in grades 9‐12, were submitted by the schools to the Indiana Department of Education and are used to determine the classifications in the sports of baseball, boys and girls basketball, football, boys and girls soccer, softball and volleyball, the next two school years. Pages 1‐9 of the linked file below rank the schools in enrollment order; pages 10‐18 list the schools in alphabetical order:   Enrollments

Enrollments.pdf

What is the number of football playing schools for 2019?

A lot of GOOD teams right near the class cut lines....will be interesting to see where it all shakes out w/ success factor, non-football playing schools, etc.

EDIT* 

I believe I found the answer to my own question:

Columbus East will be in 6A

FW Bishop Dwenger will be in 5A

Evansville Memorial will be in 4A

Southridge will be in 3A

Pioneer will be in 2A

New Palestine will remain in 5A

Wow, Clinton Central now has almost 100 less students than their in-county rival Clinton Prairie.    I'm afraid this continuing decline in enrollment will soon force some kind of consolidation.

27 minutes ago, superjay said:

Who are the largest schools NOT playing football?

Muncie Burris - 529

Switz County - 406

South Ripley - 379

Southwestern (Hanover) - 374

South Knox - 361

Wapahani - 360

I'm not sure about a lot of the charter schools around the state, like Lighthouse, for instance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MacAttack53 said:

Muncie Burris - 529

Switz County - 406

South Ripley - 379

Southwestern (Hanover) - 374

South Knox - 361

Wapahani - 360

I'm not sure about a lot of the charter schools around the state, like Lighthouse, for instance.

Switz county has been playing since 2015 - http://pastfb.homestead.com/logs/SwitzerlandCounty.htm#loaded

what makes me say HMMMM:    Carmel 5200    that is 2000 more than Hamilton SE and 3000 more than Lawrence Central  

Good Grief 

i would hate to be a basketball player at that school. 

You know how good you have to be to make a 12 man roster?    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

what makes me say HMMMM:    Carmel 5200    that is 2000 more than Hamilton SE and 3000 more than Lawrence Central  

Good Grief 

Agreed:

I take my card and I stand in line
To make a buck I work overtime
Dear sir letters keep comin' in the mail
I work my back till it's racked with pain
The boss can't even recall my name
I show up late and I'm docked, it never fails
I feel like just another, spoke in a great big wheel
Like a tiny blade of grass in a great big field
To workers I'm just another drone
To Ma Bell I'm just another phone
I'm just another statistic on a sheet
To teachers I'm just another child
To IRS I'm another file
I'm just another consensus on the street
Gonna cruise outta this city, head down to the sea
Gonna shout out at the ocean, hey it's me
And I feel like a number, feel like a number
Feel like a stranger
A stranger in this land, I feel like a number
I'm not a number, I'm not a number
Damn it I'm a man, I said I'm a man
Gonna cruise out of this city, head down to the sea
Gonna shout out at the ocean, hey it's me
And I feel like a number, feel like a number
Feel like a stranger
Stranger in this land, feel like a number
I'm not a number, I'm not a number
Damn it I'm a man, I feel like a number
Feel like a number, feel like a number
I feel like a... I feel... feel like a... feel like a
I feel like a... I feel like a ...I feel like a... I feel like a

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

IHSAA sent this out this morning 

January 14, 2019 School Enrollments Announced for 2019‐20, 2020‐21 Team Tournaments The enrollment totals of IHSAA member schools which will be used in the reclassification and realignment process this spring have been announced.   Classifications will be set and published by the end of February. The assignment of schools to each sectional in each team sport will take place in April by committee with the help of school administrators from around the state with their final recommendations being presented to the IHSAA Executive Committee for approval on April 29, 2019. The enrollment figures, the total of boys and girls in grades 9‐12, were submitted by the schools to the Indiana Department of Education and are used to determine the classifications in the sports of baseball, boys and girls basketball, football, boys and girls soccer, softball and volleyball, the next two school years. Pages 1‐9 of the linked file below rank the schools in enrollment order; pages 10‐18 list the schools in alphabetical order:   Enrollments

Enrollments.pdf

I'm waiting for someone to take the time to post the football playing schools from this list.  I see Linton is up 28 spots on the overall enrollment list. 

I assume this has been discussed on here before, but the two Elkhart high schools (Central and Memorial) are due to merge starting for the 2020 season which is the 2nd season of this classification.  Each high school has about 1600 students and should be in 5A for next season.  Combined in 2020, their attendance would be in the top 10 in the state and put them solidly in 6A.

How is this going to be handled?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XStar said:

I assume this has been discussed on here before, but the two Elkhart high schools (Central and Memorial) are due to merge starting for the 2020 season which is the 2nd season of this classification.  Each high school has about 1600 students and should be in 5A for next season.  Combined in 2020, their attendance would be in the top 10 in the state and put them solidly in 6A.

How is this going to be handled?  

If I remember correctly, they will remain in 5A until the next cycle.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LuersLurker said:

When will we know what teams are in what classes?

I think the article said the end of February. 

5 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

I think the article said the end of February. 

Late April--around the 29th I think.

3 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

Isn't that the date for sectional assignments? I thought classification was February?

You are correct--I mis-remembered.

1 minute ago, Bullhorn99 said:

You are correct--I mis-remembered.

haha all good, I am all too familiar with "mis-remembering" 

I think someone asked earlier, but I didn't see a reply:

Does anybody have the total number of football playing schools for this next cycle?

Also, do I have this right? The approach by the ihsaa is as follows: 64 teams in class A through 4A; 32 teams in 6A; 5A will have 32 or more depending on how many more than 320 football schools the state has.

41 minutes ago, Bullhorn99 said:

I think someone asked earlier, but I didn't see a reply:

Does anybody have the total number of football playing schools for this next cycle?

Also, do I have this right? The approach by the ihsaa is as follows: 64 teams in class A through 4A; 32 teams in 6A; 5A will have 32 or more depending on how many more than 320 football schools the state has.

That is correct.