Jump to content
Coach Nowlin

IHSAA Enrollment Numbers that will be used

Recommended Posts

I would suspect the same thing, when I saw the minutes of the executive session last week and not any mention, figured it would be next month.  

IFCA Board of Directors Spring Meeting next Friday, probably have some insight there 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am genuinely happy Bosse is back to 3A.  Having to play in 4A was BS.  Ev. Memorial is gonna have our hands full.  200 fewer students than the next smallest 4A school, and only 50 more than the largest 2A school.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As figured my Miners are in 2A..  definitely will be one of the smaller 2A schools.  a mere 11 students from the cut off point.

Question:   MIlan and Seeger both are 380...  Milan in 1A   Seeger in 2A... how does it get determined when both schools are same size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

As figured my Miners are in 2A..  definitely will be one of the smaller 2A schools.  a mere 11 students from the cut off point.

Question:   MIlan and Seeger both are 380...  Milan in 1A   Seeger in 2A... how does it get determined when both schools are same size?

was wondering the same thing...lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

They have been released ... and Bosse is 3A.  In case anyone was wondering.

My prediction:

image.png.74f8a5a2de9f346a8e6904581fd06608.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

As figured my Miners are in 2A..  definitely will be one of the smaller 2A schools.  a mere 11 students from the cut off point.

 

So what do you think? I was hoping we'd stay 2A.

A few younger guys step up, I think we'll be competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

South vermillion is 2A, Danville should be in there some where

I’ll take a look..I did this before today’s final data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southridge will be going to 31.  Wish we could stay in 32.  Still holding out hope that both HH and SR don’t go to 31.  Sullivan is the wildcard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridge_raider said:

Southridge will be going to 31.  Wish we could stay in 32.  Still holding out hope that both HH and SR don’t go to 31.  Sullivan is the wildcard.

In terms of common sense and geography, if you send one east, do you not have to send them both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ts32 said:

So what do you think? I was hoping we'd stay 2A.

A few younger guys step up, I think we'll be competitive.

We need more numbers (i.e. More Depth)  and some more size to make a long run in 2A right.  Being relatively small in 2A depth and staying away from injuries will be key to any success.  It's gonna take the same intensity in preparation and in off-season dedication that pushed the Miners over the hump to win sectionals..then getting to the semi-state for several years.. and finally over that hump in 1A.   The incoming team lost 4 seniors, and the last 2 games were down to 2 defensive seniors left.  They hated being 5-6. but the schedule is IMO much tougher than we've seen , and will be again this fall.  I know that's to get us ready for 2A post-season, but I also worry about the mental part of the game as well.  I truly believe Linton would have been a player in 1A south in both 2017 and 2018...and  would as well this coming year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

As figured my Miners are in 2A..  definitely will be one of the smaller 2A schools.  a mere 11 students from the cut off point.

Question:   MIlan and Seeger both are 380...  Milan in 1A   Seeger in 2A... how does it get determined when both schools are same size?

I believe it the larger Freshmen class is the one that gets in the higher class when there is a tie.

Same with S. Vermillion and Tippecanoe Valley,  Tippe Valley has a larger Freshmen class therefore, they are in 3A, and S. Verm is in 2A

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

In terms of common sense and geography, if you send one east, do you not have to send them both?

One would think, the only exception being time-zone. HH is Central, SR Eastern. While not a huge deal, if one was gonna stay with Evansville sectional, you would think it would be HH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jets said:

One would think, the only exception being time-zone. HH is Central, SR Eastern. While not a huge deal, if one was gonna stay with Evansville sectional, you would think it would be HH 

That makes too much sense....  You gotta remember who is making these decisions...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tango said:

That makes too much sense....  You gotta remember who is making these decisions...

Agree...somehow I doubt the word timezone ever enters into the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tango said:

That makes too much sense....  You gotta remember who is making these decisions...

 

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Agree...somehow I doubt the word timezone ever enters into the discussion.

Should time zone be considered when a drive is less than 90 minutes?  I just cannot see time zone having anything to do with the discussion.  With them having to move two teams from the geographic footprint of the sectional, it will happen in one of two ways, Sullivan and Washington will go North, or SR and HH will go East.  Based on the numbers in the other sectionals and their geography, I think that HH and SR both go East.  We will know soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

I believe it the larger Freshmen class is the one that gets in the higher class when there is a tie.

Same with S. Vermillion and Tippecanoe Valley,  Tippe Valley has a larger Freshmen class therefore, they are in 3A, and S. Verm is in 2A

 

ahh well would explain that...

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

 

Should time zone be considered when a drive is less than 90 minutes?  I just cannot see time zone having anything to do with the discussion.  With them having to move two teams from the geographic footprint of the sectional, it will happen in one of two ways, Sullivan and Washington will go North, or SR and HH will go East.  Based on the numbers in the other sectionals and their geography, I think that HH and SR both go East.  We will know soon enough.

My money is on both going East.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

South vermillion is 2A, Danville should be in there some where

Fixed:

image.png.433deee610f25c02b560d815649daca8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

We need more numbers (i.e. More Depth)  and some more size to make a long run in 2A right.  Being relatively small in 2A depth and staying away from injuries will be key to any success.  It's gonna take the same intensity in preparation and in off-season dedication that pushed the Miners over the hump to win sectionals..then getting to the semi-state for several years.. and finally over that hump in 1A.   The incoming team lost 4 seniors, and the last 2 games were down to 2 defensive seniors left.  They hated being 5-6. but the schedule is IMO much tougher than we've seen , and will be again this fall.  I know that's to get us ready for 2A post-season, but I also worry about the mental part of the game as well.  I truly believe Linton would have been a player in 1A south in both 2017 and 2018...and  would as well this coming year. 

You make a key point. You can only hope the kids don't get demoralized by a few losses.

I think though if they can just get better defensively they'll be alright. I kept telling everyone I didn't think last year's team was all that bad. Really in my mind their worst loss was at Providence. That was a bit of a shocker.

But we're not gonna lose to Sullivan every year. And we should at least be competitive with Monrovia more often than not. I think we'll be alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, NorthKnox94 said:

was wondering the same thing...lol

It used to be enrollment in one of the classes  was the tie breaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...