Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. Zionsville - 5A State Championship Saturday @ 7PM

8 minutes ago, rballart said:

Ok...that must've been what he was saying but the timing of his comment made it sound like it was in reference to one of the guys on the field...like I said, been a great called game, just surprised to hear that...thanks for clarifying...

He said he saw him right before the game (as in upstairs in the booth not on the field)

Just now, Huge Football Fan said:

He said he saw him right before the game (as in upstairs in the booth not on the field)

Thanks...like I said, the timing of his comment when the camera was focused on the official made it sound like it was him he was referring too...but it's been a good called game so happy about that...

2 minutes ago, rballart said:

Thanks...like I said, the timing of his comment when the camera was focused on the official made it sound like it was him he was referring too...but it's been a good called game so happy about that...

Yes, this crew is doing an excellent job. ... Knock on wood. 🤣

I really like what Zionsville is doing defensively, just have to get off the field.

At Half: Cathedral is 2/6 on 3rd down. Good. But 2/3 on 4th and throw in the roughing as well. Bad. That’s a lot of drive-extending plays being made by the Irish. Give them credit. They have made all the plays but sheesh that is frustrating for Zionsville. 

Cathedral has seemed very lacksadasical at times tonight.  Almost as if they came into this game, already thinking they'd won the 5A title.  Pre-snap penalties, delay of game, missed tackles, poor reads by QB.  Not the most sharp performance I've seen from them. 

Zionsville has been feisty.  But when Cathedral puts the pedal down, its no contest.  And both teams probably know it. 

12 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I think it is clear as day that Zionsville is the #2nd best 5A team in Indiana!  Cathedral is a whole different animal...

Zionsville beat Dwenger but Dwenger is still better than Zionsville, they just didn’t play well enough that night. Zionsville didn’t catch Dwenger in Sagrain until after winning Semistate

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SAC_Coach said:

Zionsville beat Dwenger but Dwenger is still better than Zionsville, they just didn’t play well enough that night. Zionsville didn’t catch Dwenger in Sagrain until after winning Semistate

They only "caught" Dwenger because of the antiquated closed conference the SAC is.....THAT'S THE FACTS JACK !!!!

10 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

They only "caught" Dwenger because of the antiquated closed conference the SAC is.....THAT'S THE FACTS JACK !!!!

One thing I can say with certainty is that you people in FW actually care what happens in the tournament and you stay engaged throughout the whole process.

Back in The Region and in South Bend, they lost interest long ago.

25 minutes ago, SAC_Coach said:

So someone states their opinion that Zionsville is #2 in 5A, I disagree then get bashed. Interesting??

Coach, I wouldn’t take anything too personally here.  Everyone has pretty strong opinions and often can be a little blunt.  

I’m not sure if I agree with you or not regarding Dwenger/Zionsville but I definitely know that the game should have been played in Ft. Wayne....which might have made all the difference.

With all that, like many here, I was pretty impressed with how Zionsville played against Cathedral.