Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Woke up and couldn't fall back asleep so I took a shot at the 3A sectionals based on your map.  No matter how you slice it, there's a least one bastard sectional that doesn't really fit together very well.  In this case, it's 30 that stretches both northeast and southeast from Indy.  Of course, if you switch out just a couple of schools the whole thing could be organized very differently.   

25 (8)- Andrean, Boone Grove, Calumet, Culver, Griffith, Hanover Central, Knox, Twin Lakes

26 (8) - Bremen, Clay, Fairfield, Jimtown, John Glenn, Lakeland, Marian, Tippecanoe Valley

27 (7) - Belmont, Concordia, Garrett, Heritage, Luers, West Noble, Woodlan

28 (8) - Crawfordsville, Maconaquah, North Montgomery, Northwestern, Oak Hill, Peru, West Lafayette, Western Boone

29 (8) - Danville, Indian Creek, Monrovia, Owen Valley, Purdue Polytechnic, Speedway, Tri West, West Vigo

30 (8) - Batesville, Delta, Franklin County, Greensburg, Guerin Catholic, Hamilton Heights, Rushville, Yorktown

31 (8) - Charlestown, Corydon Central, Lawrenceburg, Madison, North Harrison, Salem, Scottsburg, South Dearborn

32 (8) - Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Lincoln, Mater Dei, Mount Vernon, Princeton, Southridge, Washington

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think it’s only a matter of time before Wood Memorial gets redistributed to the other area high schools. 

I’ve done the research on this before and between Gibson Southern, Princeton, Pike Central, and Tecumseh….the average distance to wood is about 15 miles or so from HS to HS.  

throw in that it’s a very rural area and economic factors….it’s only a matter of time.  Especially with declining birth rates.  

There is a swath of communities east of Oakland City - Spurgeon, Stendal, and the west side of Lake Helmerich who would definitely benefit from going to the closest school and not necessarily the one they are currently districted for. 

I hold out a little bit of hope that I-69 can help Oakland City and Petersburg. We shall see.

3 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

There is a swath of communities east of Oakland City - Spurgeon, Stendal, and the west side of Lake Helmerich who would definitely benefit from going to the closest school and not necessarily the one they are currently districted for. 

I hold out a little bit of hope that I-69 can help Oakland City and Petersburg. We shall see.

They should have built 69 basically right next to 41 imo.  My number 1 complaint when I return to the area to visit is the traffic on 41 and the UNGODLY AMOUNT OF STOP LIGHTS. And then the fact that there is so many semis with really no better option.

I just can’t get over it.  You have a very busy highway with speeds of 55+ and then about 20 stop lights.  Either you blow through the red or you slam on your brakes….and then all of the semi traffic thrown into the mix…That highway is just so dangerous and it’s why we see so many tragic car accidents there 

just seems to me that 69 solves a problem for people traveling through the area but has otherwise just consolidated the regional traffic to 41, especially when it comes to transport from Vincennes to Evansville.  The industry of Evansville isn’t going to travel south to the river or east just to go north, especially if they have to go to terra haute/Vincennes/Princeton.  And none of those places are going east by at least 10 miles to go south only to be on the wrong side of Evansville.

On 3/5/2022 at 4:34 AM, XStar said:

Woke up and couldn't fall back asleep so I took a shot at the 3A sectionals based on your map.  No matter how you slice it, there's a least one bastard sectional that doesn't really fit together very well.  In this case, it's 30 that stretches both northeast and southeast from Indy.  Of course, if you switch out just a couple of schools the whole thing could be organized very differently.   

25 (8)- Andrean, Boone Grove, Calumet, Culver, Griffith, Hanover Central, Knox, Twin Lakes

26 (8) - Bremen, Clay, Fairfield, Jimtown, John Glenn, Lakeland, Marian, Tippecanoe Valley

28 (8) - Crawfordsville, Maconaquah, North Montgomery, Northwestern, Oak Hill, Peru, West Lafayette, Western Boone

29 (8) - Danville, Indian Creek, Monrovia, Owen Valley, Purdue Polytechnic, Speedway, Tri West, West Vigo

30 (8) - Batesville, Delta, Franklin County, Greensburg, Guerin Catholic, Hamilton Heights, Rushville, Yorktown

31 (8) - Charlestown, Corydon Central, Lawrenceburg, Madison, North Harrison, Salem, Scottsburg, South Dearborn

32 (8) - Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Lincoln, Mater Dei, Mount Vernon, Princeton, Southridge, Washington

The enrolment numbers released are not correct... Andrean & Luers won't be 3A... Mater Dei will not be based on enrolment either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Sounds like you are hoping the arent??!!

I honestly don't care.  We beat Luers and Mater Dei in 2020.  I was just pointing out that those 3 schools in particular are not correct as far as the enrolment numbers that were released last week.  No idea what other schools are or are not.  I think ours is close and we are probably border line 2A or 3A.  

9 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I honestly don't care.  We beat Luers and Mater Dei in 2020.  I was just pointing out that those 3 schools in particular are not correct as far as the enrolment numbers that were released last week.  No idea what other schools are or are not.  I think ours is close and we are probably border line 2A or 3A.  

Yeah I get it LOL!!    I unfortunately havent even seen the messed up numbers yet...wish I would have....

On 3/5/2022 at 4:34 AM, XStar said:

I would be in utter shock, if they split up L'burg, South Dearborn and Madison from the rest of the 3A EIAC schools. (I know Madison isn't in the EIAC)... Just makes too much sense geographically to have them all together. 

Edited by GoodKn19ht
Accidentally hit shift and enter.

32 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Would Andrean qualify for a bump because of SF?  They just won a state title.  It would be very messed up in my opinion if Pioneer stays up because of success points and Andrean stays in 2A because of enrollment.  

They earned 5 points the last 2 years , its 6 pts to move up . However only requires two points to remain up , Pioneer earned 4 with regional title in 2020 

23 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

They earned 5 points the last 2 years , its 6 pts to move up . However only requires two points to remain up , Pioneer earned 4 with regional title in 2020 

I believe Mater Dei is in the same boat... 5 points.. Regional Championship in 2020, Semi State Champion (State Runner up) in 2021.

37 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

The 616 students from Bremen is incorrect.  DOE has enrollment closer to 510.  

These are the numbers from Bremen.
9th – 126 
10th – 111
11th – 109
12th – 145.
Total of 491, so they will be 2A when all is corrected

38 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:
These are the numbers from Bremen.
9th – 126 
10th – 111
11th – 109
12th – 145.
Total of 491, so they will be 2A when all is corrected

Unless someone sends the IHSAA an anonymous note stating that Breman is indeed named for Pope Breman VI ... hence the 'B' that looks like a '6' on the helmets.  When that happens you shall mysteriously be cast into the Sectional of Death in 3A. 🙂

16 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Unless someone sends the IHSAA an anonymous note stating that Breman is indeed named for Pope Breman VI ... hence the 'B' that looks like a '6' on the helmets.  When that happens you shall mysteriously be cast into the Sectional of Death in 3A. 🙂

Everyone always forgets about the German popes.

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2022 at 6:53 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

The enrolment numbers released are not correct... Andrean & Luers won't be 3A... Mater Dei will not be based on enrolment either.

Looks like I'll have another 3am project some night I can't sleep then.  

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, XStar said:

Looks like I'll have another 3am project some night I can't sleep then.  

I know the feeling. Mater Dei will be 2A - but traditionally Pike Central has also been 3A, so that would be an even switch in Sec 32 after the numbers come out. 

Maybe that saves you some time! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I know the feeling. Mater Dei will be 2A - but traditionally Pike Central has also been 3A, so that would be an even switch in Sec 32 after the numbers come out. 

Agree Mater Dei will be 2A and Pike Central will be 3A.

36 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I have heard PC enrollment took a big dip and they will be in 2A, also South Spencer had a big drop as well and they will be in 1A... so I've heard didn't see the numbers the first time. 

I've updated the class maps based on the new enrollments. 

Adjustments from the original

*63 schools in 4A-A

Norwell from 4A-3A (due to 63 schools)
Rensselaer, Centerville, Pike Central from 2A>3A
Mater Dei, Luers, Bremen, Andrean from 3A>2A 
Providence, Eastern Hancock from 2A>A

Again, made the assumption that Chatard (4A) and LCC (2A) will at least begin in their Success Factored class and possibly move down if they do not get their requisite two points this year., Western Boone will be the smallest 3A on enrollment. 

If Chatard goes back to 3A next year, Norwell will move to 4A. If LCC goes back to 1A next year, Eastern Hancock will go to 2A.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redone with the new map:

25 (7)- Boone Grove, Calumet, Griffith, Hanover Central, Knox, Rensselaer Central, Twin Lakes

26 (8) - Clay, Culver, Fairfield, Jimtown, John Glenn, Lakeland, Marian, Tippecanoe Valley

27 (8) - Belmont, Concordia, Garrett, Heritage, Norwell, Peru, West Noble, Woodlan

28 (8) - Crawfordsville, Hamilton Heights, Maconaquah, North Montgomery, Northwestern, Oak Hill, West Lafayette, Western Boone

30 (8) - Batesville, Centerville, Delta, Franklin County, Greensburg, Guerin Catholic, Rushville, Yorktown

32 (8) - Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Lincoln, Mount Vernon, Pike Central, Princeton, Southridge, Washington

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Well looks like I could be wrong.  Being told adjust numbers show Mater Dei at 496, Pike Central 512 and Southridge 517.

Looking at the list 189, 190, and 191 based on size are SR 517, PC 512, and WeBo at 511. 

Quick math of 32 + 32 + 63 + 63 = 190. So the cut line will be right around there. If somehow WeBo ends up 2A while PC and SR end up 3A, that would be the perfect coup de grace of this sh*^show of a reclassification cycle. 

• Haha 1

If you're into the four-class sports, here's the maps for those (based on 101 schools per class) ... or at least basketball. There might be some adjustments for the other sports (volleyball and especially baseball & softball) because a handful of schools don't have teams, so the number of schools per class is slightly different. 

Remember, in those sports, teams bumped up due to SF don't bump anyone else down, thanks to Lebanon getting mad about New Pal softball being bumped down and beating them in the regional a few years ago and lobbying for a change to IHSAA bylaws. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mCCJ1OuHye-XrVzNuDG2oPCxB8mco9K9&usp=sharing