Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Preseason top 10 for each class

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

Kind of wondering what is going on at Homestead. Seems they fallen off the radar. School that size with resources, one would think they would be more competitive. Haven't won a regional in over 20 years. 

Homestead is on a current two year slide. Before that they were back to back SAC champs and a big injury away from a deeper post season run. I'm not ready to right them off just yet. Snider had a three year run of mediocrity before being last years favorite to win the 5A title. Spartans will be back. Same coach, same community. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Somewhere around there.

I’ll wait until the dust settles on the central Indiana transfer portal before declaring my top ten.

Was wondering when your Top 10's were coming. Transfer portal..............hilarious and out of hand. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Homestead is on a current two year slide. Before that they were back to back SAC champs and a big injury away from a deeper post season run. I'm not ready to right them off just yet. Snider had a three year run of mediocrity before being last years favorite to win the 5A title. Spartans will be back. Same coach, same community. 

What if Jimmy Sullivan would have stayed at Homestead? Would Homestead be better than Carroll, just asking.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

What if Jimmy Sullivan would have stayed at Homestead? Would Homestead be better than Carroll, just asking.

Anytime Homestead has ever had a D1 quarterback, they've been in the conversation for some kind of title contention. I still think Homestead and Carroll are on a level playing field regarding strength of program. Homestead has the history with three decades of success. Whereas Carroll is trending up fast as a new power program. But to answer your question, I would say yes. A guy like that is a game changer.

47 minutes ago, Goose Liver said:

.... and what might that be?

The overbearing parent/lay coach (often the same person) who brainwashes a kid early in life and latches on pretending to have to kids’ best interest in mind.

Kid jumps from school to school based on empty/false promises.

Much more common in basketball though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

The overbearing parent/lay coach (often the same person) who brainwashes a kid early in life and latches on pretending to have to kids’ best interest in mind.

Kid jumps from school to school based on empty/false promises.

Much more common in basketball though.

You mean all those 7 footers didn't actually grow up in Lawrence Township?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did Crown Point hit the transfer portal? I see D1 recruit Patrick Clacks (WR: Andrean) and Junior QB Noah Ehrlich (Hobart) who supposedly holds a Miami(OH) offer are both listed as playing for Crown Point in 247Sports. 

Either the Fort Wayne schools beat Crown Point to the punch in scheduling Central Indiana schools or the 'Dogs settled on not testing themselves in the OOC schedule. I get that Lowell is a very old south Lake County rivalry game that's not going anywhere, but scheduling a mediocre Chicago Public School program like Taft is a headscratcher. The 'Dogs ran the table in The Region last year and fell to Lafayette Jeff in the Sectional Championship. They're going to try running it back this year without a litmus test from Central Indiana. Penn, Lafayette Jeff, and the Fort Wayne 6A schools will all face tougher OOC comp in the regular season. Seems like a disadvantage for Crown Point. 

I still don’t have enough insight to put together a legitimate top 10 but I’m going to echo the same thing I said at this time last year…

Center Grove is number one until someone knocks them off.

I know Moore has some health problems and I am unsure if that it was his reasoning for walking away from track and field but it will be interesting to see this fall.

13 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Did Crown Point hit the transfer portal? I see D1 recruit Patrick Clacks (WR: Andrean) and Junior QB Noah Ehrlich (Hobart) who supposedly holds a Miami(OH) offer are both listed as playing for Crown Point in 247Sports. 

Either the Fort Wayne schools beat Crown Point to the punch in scheduling Central Indiana schools or the 'Dogs settled on not testing themselves in the OOC schedule. I get that Lowell is a very old south Lake County rivalry game that's not going anywhere, but scheduling a mediocre Chicago Public School program like Taft is a headscratcher. The 'Dogs ran the table in The Region last year and fell to Lafayette Jeff in the Sectional Championship. They're going to try running it back this year without a litmus test from Central Indiana. Penn, Lafayette Jeff, and the Fort Wayne 6A schools will all face tougher OOC comp in the regular season. Seems like a disadvantage for Crown Point. 

Carroll broke through last year and gave the Temp hope that his dream of a non-central Indiana team competing in 6A was a possibility and then the state title game happened.

Is Crown Point next in line?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Is Crown Point next in line?

Hmmmmm, let's see:

1.     Third year coach with a winning track record

2.     10-1 last season

3.     D1 WR & QB transfers

I would say they have to be in the conversation.

Layfayette Jeff seems to be on the cusp of breaking through. Carroll's 7 on 7 team looked outstanding this summer (hardly football though.) You never know with Penn. The Kingsmen aren't the machine they used to be, but they are a large enough school to have a run on talent every so often to contend for the title. So those are the only four programs who realistically have a shot at taking out HSE/Fishers. I'm leaving Homestead out of the conversation for now. 

We'll have answers in Week 1:

Jeff travels to Cathedral. Carroll travels to HSE. Penn travels to Valpo. Homestead hosts Carmel. 

Edited by BTF

38 minutes ago, BTF said:

Hmmmmm, let's see:

1.     Third year coach with a winning track record

2.     10-1 last season

3.     D1 WR & QB transfers

I would say they have to be in the conversation.

Layfayette Jeff seems to be on the cusp of breaking through. Carroll's 7 on 7 team looked outstanding this summer (hardly football though.) You never know with Penn. The Kingsmen aren't the machine they used to be, but they are a large enough school to have a run on talent every so often to contend for the title. So those are the only four programs who realistically have a shot at taking out HSE/Fishers. I'm leaving Homestead out of the conversation for now. 

We'll have answers in Week 1:

Jeff travels to Cathedral. Carroll travels to HSE. Penn travels to Valpo. Homestead hosts Carmel. 

Hope you are right…feels like a pretty empty 10-1 with the way it ended though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, temptation said:

Hope you are right…feels like a pretty empty 10-1 with the way it ended though.

Not bad for his second year though. I'm bullish. Crown Point hadn't seen double digits in the win column for 17 years. If there's a program up north, other than Carroll, capable of cracking the overall Top 10, maybe it's these guys. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 9:24 AM, Dave007 said:

I just noticed that Roncalli is back on the schedule for Cathedral this year on Oct 6th.  First time in a long time.

Irish and Center Grove play brutal schedules this year.  As usual both teams square off last game of regular season.

Can't wait till August 18th!

No doubt about Cathedral and CG’s schedules. Tough opener for the Trojans in Ohio. 

image.thumb.png.4e0a73ca81027d759dbce40807f06b6d.png

2 hours ago, FridayNightLights said:

I'll take a crack at it for 6A

1. CG

2. BD

3. Cathedral

4.Brownsburg

5. Carmel

6.HSE

7.Westfield

8.FW Carroll

9. Warren Central

10. Fishers

Looks like the usual suspects. Hard to argue, but I'd switch it around a bit:

1. Center Grove   2. Brownsburg   3. Cathedral   4. Ben Davis   5. Warren Central   6. Carmel   7. HSE   8. Carroll   9. Westfield   10. Fishers   

There's some method to my madness here, but more of a shot in the dark.