Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFD Dandy Dozen 5A

24 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Fort Wayne representing in this list

Heck yeah!  Will be interesting to see how Dwenger does, ranked where they are in this poll.  Thinking they might be ranked a tad high, but it would be more than OK with it if they proved me wrong.  Snider & North look about right for pre-season IMHO.

4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

News 15 did a preseason story about Dwenger and said they are 4A. I know the IHSAA missed them for reclassification and Dwenger was appealing it. Has anyone seen the official word on this?

4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I tried to share the story but it failed.

Here's a link from the site: https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/2023-highlight-zone-preview-bishop-dwenger-saints/

From the article:

Last year, Bishop Dwenger battled through injuries at key positions to finish with a 6-4 record. After spending a handful of years in Class 5A due to the IHSAA’s tournament success factor, the Saints are returning to 4A in 2023.

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

Here's a link from the site: https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/2023-highlight-zone-preview-bishop-dwenger-saints/

From the article:

Last year, Bishop Dwenger battled through injuries at key positions to finish with a 6-4 record. After spending a handful of years in Class 5A due to the IHSAA’s tournament success factor, the Saints are returning to 4A in 2023.

Not sure wane.com is a valid source for anything to be honest. Why is the IHSAA making an exception for just one team? What does that do to sectional assignments?

6 hours ago, foxbat said:

From the article:

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Not sure wane.com is a valid source for anything to be honest. Why is the IHSAA making an exception for just one team? What does that do to sectional assignments?

From what I was told that Dwenger was missed when they made all the adjustments last winter. 

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

Thank you! 

From what I was told that Dwenger was missed when they made all the adjustments last winter. 

So Sectional 12 is down to three teams? Or did they bump someone from 4a up?

21 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I checked the IHSAA website and they still have Dwenger still being in 5A for this season 

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/2022-23 2023-24 Football Alignment.pdf

Someone knows the answer to this. Unfortunately there are over 10,000 coaches, parents, and fans who use read this forum, but only 1% actually post on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Someone knows the answer to this. Unfortunately there are over 10,000 coaches, parents, and fans who use read this forum, but only 1% actually post on here. 

My guess tells me the 4A comment was made by a newscaster who misread the new rolling points factor. Starts next year. 

I would go with the IHSAA document that states their 5A until I hear otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

My guess tells me the 4A comment was made by a newscaster who misread the new rolling points factor. Starts next year. 

I would go with the IHSAA document that states their 5A until I hear otherwise. 

I wouldn’t be upset to be proven wrong. As they absolutely would be 4A once the rolling SF model takes effect. 

• Like 1

In an interview with wane.com last night, coach Jason Garrett confirmed that Bishop Dwenger is indeed playing in the 4A tournament this year. Go to wane.com, click on sports then click high schools. They also have footage of several Fort Wayne area scrimmages. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BTF said:

In an interview with wane.com last night, coach Jason Garrett confirmed that Bishop Dwenger is indeed playing in the 4A tournament this year. Go to wane.com, click on sports then click high schools. They also have footage of several Fort Wayne area scrimmages. 

Interesting that the IHSAA is confused about this??