Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You weren’t at the game. Cathedral botched a couple of red zone trips inside the 10 including a couple missed FGs. They scored 3 points on 3 red zone trips in the first half. 2/3 Chatard’s TO’s came late after Cathedral had the decided lead. Stop reading box scores, they only show numbers.

King,

Your a good dude (strongly disagree with Temptation on this) but your quote in “Top 15 Regardless of Class (Mid-Season)” on September 24 was:

”Pains me to do it but I think you guys have a great team and were probably the better team in defeat a few weeks ago.  Outside a blown coverage on 3rd and 22 that resulted in an 88 yard TD pass then another long run to seal the game (2 plays accounted for more than half of Cathedral’s output for the game), you guys dominated the LOS despite being outweighed 40-50 lbs a man.  Was the only time this year I’ve seen Cathedral struggle to move the ball and that’s with playing X and Elder on the road where the Irish moved the ball at will.”

Those were your words then....arguably, they might not be mutually exclusive from your most recent comments BUT they certainly have a different tone and would seem a recasting of the game.

I left that game thinking the same as your comments on September 23.  Now, some (hopefully not you....hopefully) are trying to TOTALLY recast that game.  Still, a loss is a loss.  I’m accepting of that, but I am not cool with how that game actually played out being rewritten by some lunatic Troll.

I am not saying that Calpreps/MaxPreps and Sagarin are the be all and end all but they are probably better than the Cathedral Troll you seem to be lining up beside.

Right now (11/10/19), CALPREPS has the top 10 ALL CLASSES in Indiana as the following:

1. Cathedral (#73 Nationally)

2. Chatard (#103 Nationally)

3. Avon (#126 Nationally)

4. New Palestine (#159 Nationally)

5. Carmel (#167 Nationally)

Cathedral’s biggest win against a nationally ranked team this years wasn’t Trinity (#153 Nationally) or Center Grove (#316 Nationally).

It was against #103 Chatard.  It was a close hard fought game.  

There is one thing it ABSOLUTELY wasn’t - a dominating win by Cathedral.  

Just the opposite.

If New Pal wins then my guess is CalPreps is in for a big shake up and no doubt New Pal will vault to No. 1 in Indiana.

Right now, SAGARIN has the Top 10 ALL CLASSES in Indiana as the following :

1. Avon 102.92

2. Brownsburg 100.84

3. Carmel 100.48

4. Bishop Chatard 98.17 (No. 4 Predictor as well)

5. Warren Central 97.45

6. New Palestine 96.41

7. Indianapolis Cathedral 96.38

8. Center Grove 96.05

9. Ben Davis 95.71

10. HSE  94.62

All these teams are within a hair of one another.  Anybody wins on any given day.

It’s tiresome for me (and really EVERYBODY) to hear Cathedral chest thumping.....not that the rest of us are unused to it.  Again, not necessarily accusing you of it but it seems to feel that you are going that way.  If one of the few reasonable folks from Cathedral is good with a troll in your midst, then the idiots will take over on this thread.  

Not that I care that much....it’s your guys thread. 

Still, some advice, if people are going to talk about this upcoming game realistically then it would be best if history is not rewritten regarding prior games.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

King,

Your a good dude (strongly disagree with Temptation on this) but your quote in “Top 15 Regardless of Class (Mid-Season)” on September 24 was:

”Pains me to do it but I think you guys have a great team and were probably the better team in defeat a few weeks ago.  Outside a blown coverage on 3rd and 22 that resulted in an 88 yard TD pass then another long run to seal the game (2 plays accounted for more than half of Cathedral’s output for the game), you guys dominated the LOS despite being outweighed 40-50 lbs a man.  Was the only time this year I’ve seen Cathedral struggle to move the ball and that’s with playing X and Elder on the road where the Irish moved the ball at will.”

Those were your words then....arguably, they might not be mutually exclusive from your most recent comments BUT they certainly have a different tone and would seem a recasting of the game.

I left that game thinking the same as your comments on September 23.  Now, some (hopefully not you....hopefully) are trying to TOTALLY recast that game.  Still, a loss is a loss.  I’m accepting of that, but I am not cool with how that game actually played out being rewritten by some lunatic Troll.

I am not saying that Calpreps/MaxPreps and Sagarin are the be all and end all but they are probably better than the Cathedral Troll you seem to be lining up beside.

Right now (11/10/19), CALPREPS has the top 10 ALL CLASSES in Indiana as the following:

1. Cathedral (#73 Nationally)

2. Chatard (#103 Nationally)

3. Avon (#126 Nationally)

4. New Palestine (#159 Nationally)

5. Carmel (#167 Nationally)

Cathedral’s biggest win against a nationally ranked team this years wasn’t Trinity (#153 Nationally) or Center Grove (#316 Nationally).

It was against #103 Chatard.  It was a close hard fought game.  

There is one thing it ABSOLUTELY wasn’t - a dominating win by Cathedral.  

Just the opposite.

If New Pal wins then my guess is CalPreps is in for a big shake up and no doubt New Pal will vault to No. 1 in Indiana.

Right now, SAGARIN has the Top 10 ALL CLASSES in Indiana as the following :

1. Avon 102.92

2. Brownsburg 100.84

3. Carmel 100.48

4. Bishop Chatard 98.17 (No. 4 Predictor as well)

5. Warren Central 97.45

6. New Palestine 96.41

7. Indianapolis Cathedral 96.38

8. Center Grove 96.05

9. Ben Davis 95.71

10. HSE  94.62

All these teams are within a hair of one another.  Anybody wins on any given day.

It’s tiresome for me (and really EVERYBODY) to hear Cathedral chest thumping.....not that the rest of us are unused to it.  Again, not necessarily accusing you of it but it seems to feel that you are going that way.  If one of the few reasonable folks from Cathedral is good with a troll in your midst, then the idiots will take over on this thread.  

Not that I care that much....it’s your guys thread. 

Still, some advice, if people are going to talk about this upcoming game realistically then it would be best if history is not rewritten regarding prior games.

My post wasn’t meant to disparage Chatard, it was meant to defend this notion that Cathedral was lucky to beat Chatard if it weren’t for Chatard’s turnovers as stated by Dmizers. You could also very easily make that case that Cathedral wins going away had they executed in the red zone.

I still stand by what I posted earlier in September; it was a very hard fought game between the two north side Catholics.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

My post wasn’t meant to disparage Chatard, it was meant to defend this notion that Cathedral was lucky to beat Chatard if it weren’t for Chatard’s turnovers as stated by Dmizers. You could also very easily make that case that Cathedral wins going away had they executed in the red zone.

I still stand by what I posted earlier in September; it was a very hard fought game between the two north side Catholics.

The red zone stands are part of what football games are all about....kind of defining.   Chatard DOES that.....they did it to West Lafayette in the red zone Friday night.   How getting stuffed in the red zone several times makes a case for a “possible” resounding victory is a bit of a stretch.

You could also make the case if Chatard doesn’t completely give up the unpressured pitch-toss turnover first play of the half AND the onside kick after the score caused by the turnover it’s a completely different game with 14 immediate points off the board for Cathedral.  That turnover was critical....leading to 2 quick scores in a game that had been going Chatard’s way.

It’s all “ifs and buts”....God knows I don’t want to get into what I saw to be all the multiple, multiple phantom offsides calls that continually stalled Chatard drives (even though the WHMB TV 40 announcers certainly had no problem commenting on not being able to see them).  

That’s the problem of recasting the game.....by either side.  We can all do it.  The result is we take nothing away from the game.....and, frankly, diminish it.

That said, I’m done here....got no dog in this hunt and don’t want to be a distraction.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lysander said:

The red zone stands are part of what football games are all about....kind of defining.   Chatard DOES that.....they did it to West Lafayette in the red zone Friday night.   How getting stuffed in the red zone several times makes a case for a “possible” resounding victory is a bit of a stretch.

You could also make the case if Chatard doesn’t completely give up the unpressured pitch-toss turnover first play of the half AND the onside kick after the score caused by the turnover it’s a completely different game with 14 immediate points off the board for Cathedral.  That turnover was critical....leading to 2 quick scores in a game that had been going Chatard’s way.

It’s all “ifs and buts”....God knows I don’t want to get into what I saw to be all the multiple, multiple phantom offsides calls that continually stalled Chatard drives (even though the WHMB TV 40 announcers certainly had no problem commenting on not being able to see them).  

That’s the problem of recasting the game.....by either side.  We can all do it.  The result is we take nothing away from the game.....and, frankly, diminish it.

That said, I’m done here....got no dog in this hunt and don’t want to be a distraction.  

Trust me I get it, it’s football, and high school football at that. But you can’t apply, “Chatard blows out Cathedral if they don’t turn it over 3 times” as Dmizers stated while completely not acknowledging that Cathedral botched 3 red zone attempts in the first half. That’s football and all elements of the game.

Cathedral won, Chatard put up a hell of a fight, and both are excellent football teams.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

BOLD

Agreed. I don’t believe Cathedral is effectively going to stop Spegal, you just have to limit him. Call me crazy, but I think this is a type of game where Cathedral prefers a shootout. I’m not convinced New Pal can match Cathedral big play for big play for 4 quarters. I think New Pal prefers this to be a ball control type game where Cathedral’s offense is off the field as much as possible.

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Agreed. I don’t believe Cathedral is effectively going to stop Spegal, you just have to limit him. Call me crazy, but I think this is a type of game where Cathedral prefers a shootout. I’m not convinced New Pal can match Cathedral big play for big play for 4 quarters. I think New Pal prefers this to be a ball control type game where Cathedral’s offense is off the field as much as possible.

Agree with everything. Cathedral is going to want to really test that New Pal secondary. New Pal going to extend drives longer than normal.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Probably showing my age here, but the 1990 and 1991 Dwenger teams were your best teams. You were 27-1. Had 12 guys play major college football. 2 in the NFL. Chris Dittoe (IU QB),  Euell Wilson, Jason Fabini (NFL), Kevin Carretta (ND LB), Steve Martin, Chad Cagnet, etc. 

And, to stay in topic, Dwenger beat New Pal in 1990 and Cathedral in 1991 in the State Championship. The 1991 CHS team they beat was absolutely stacked. One of the better State Finals games..

Euell Wilson passed away in college. 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Probably showing my age here, but the 1990 and 1991 Dwenger teams were your best teams. You were 27-1. Had 12 guys play major college football. 2 in the NFL. Chris Dittoe (IU QB),  Euell Wilson, Jason Fabini (NFL), Kevin Carretta (ND LB), Steve Martin, Chad Cagnet, etc. 

And, to stay in topic, Dwenger beat New Pal in 1990 and Cathedral in 1991 in the State Championship. The 1991 CHS team they beat was absolutely stacked. One of the better State Finals games..

I’ve heard a lot of people say that could be the best team in Fort Wayne history. Certainly could make the case for Snider in 92 when they beat Ben Davis in 5a and some other years as well for Snider.

3 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Euell Wilson passed away in college. 

Never knew that's where the award came from..awesome! I picked the Irish in another thread..ive only seen a few programs (literally 3) best np..they are playing up I believe and represent an elite 5a team..if a tourney loss were to happen it would have to come by one of the best...in rolls chs..should be a classic.

4 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

I’ve heard a lot of people say that could be the best team in Fort Wayne history. Certainly could make the case for Snider in 92 when they beat Ben Davis in 5a and some other years as well for Snider.

The Dwenger teams of the early 90's were good, but I'm going to go with Snider 2004.

I'm going with the home team. New Pal 28, Cathedral 24

17 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

That's why I gave you yours.  And oh by the way I attended the game so try BSing someone else.  Think what you want but by every metric you're wrong.  And lord I hate doing this on this thread but like @Temptation I'm obligated to correct complete falsehoods!!!  I just can't wait till Friday night.  Should be one heck of a game!!!!

@dmizers3 I step away from the thread a little bit and you feed the trolls. lol Well we tried to have some good game dialog!

15 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

Fact - Cathedral won. Fact - Chatard lost. Fact - your opinion and commentary = hilarious. Looking at your posts throughout, you are nothing if not consistently stupid. No value, no basis, no thought - but a lot of opinions based on....well, nothing apparently.

It is very unsurprising. I would feed him no more. Best of luck to the Trojans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, Footballking16 said:

Struggled to move the ball? Against who?

They hung 600 yards on St. Xavier and moved the ball up and down the field at Elder. Center Grove wasn’t their greatest game, but most of their drives stalled due to penalties. If there’s on Achilles heel with this Cathedral team it’s penalties. They aren’t the most discipline team.

I'm going with the Irish in this one , and to win 5A. The 3 Ohio games and Trinity make them the most battle ready . 

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

I do have a question for the New Pal base.  How many players do you have that play both ways?  Since you team has really only played one game that was still competitive at the start of the 4th quarter and that was in week 2, do you believe this will have any impact playing against a physical team?  I know your boys are tough, but hitting and getting hit every play for four solid quarters has to eventually wear you down.  This is the one thing I have though all season.  

• Like 1