Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Positive Thread-favorite game

If anyone is inclined, feel free to post a link of your programs/your personal favorite game from your program. 

We can view. Have awesome, fun dialogue and stay away from negativity. 

Mine is from 1993  LCHS vs  BHSS in the 5A state championship.  I will come back and put a link in here.  

https://youtu.be/Ut9ILptxtFU

Edited by Guest

1990. Week 6. We (Pike Central) came from 14-0 down and beat Southridge 16-14. On a personal level fun for me because I'm from Southridge. That is the last time PC has beaten Southridge. Great night. Our players never quit and made the plays we had to make. We sealed the deal with an interception with 30 seconds left. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

2015 6A South Semi state:

Center Grove vs Avon. Game had all the headlines and all the stars. Double overtime with CG going for 2 and winning. My favorite game I ever watched in person.

I would presume we could search for this in YouTube?

thank you for taking the time to respond. 

Everything at all times recently has been on 1 topic. 

My hope is to enjoy some much needed football discussion. 

I would like to thank folks from Whiting HS (I would guess others may be doing this to) for beginning something like this on Twitter. I’ve enjoyed there. 

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

2015 6A South Semi state:

Center Grove vs Avon. Game had all the headlines and all the stars. Double overtime with CG going for 2 and winning. My favorite game I ever watched in person.

Me thinks Avon would have won that game had it been played @ Avon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I would presume we could search for this in YouTube?

thank you for taking the time to respond. 

Everything at all times recently has been on 1 topic. 

My hope is to enjoy some much needed football discussion. 

I would like to thank folks from Whiting HS (I would guess others may be doing this to) for beginning something like this on Twitter. I’ve enjoyed there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=MK9N-gnsPHE&feature=emb_logo

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

2005 Lewis Cass vs. Harding second round of sectionals. 

Not sure if it is up anywhere, and its not a high profile game but it was a heck of a football game to play in.

Is this when Harding had Hardy (I believe, IU/Bills)?

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

2005 Lewis Cass vs. Harding second round of sectionals. 

Not sure if it is up anywhere, and its not a high profile game but it was a heck of a football game to play in.

I will look to see.  If I come across it, I will post it.

High profile is subjective.  You enjoyed playing in the game and it stuck out to you.  Thank you for the recommendation.

For me the Best game I was ever apart of would have to be either 03 or 04 reginals Warren Vs. Ben Davis.

03- We finally got the mokey off our backs of losing to BD in the Reginals. Saw Coach Tutsie and other coaches openly shed tears over this win. We as a program had worked so hard to make this win happy we all were in cloud nine. The following week we shut out CG @CG and then for the Finals we beat a very good Penn team.

04- My senior year were had graduated most our states from the 03 state team and were not favored to repeat. We found ourselves down to BD by 13 or 14 points in the 2nd half and it was 2 long passes from Dexter Taylor to Josh Bailey that 1 went for a TD and the other got us down inside the 6 5 yeard line for the go ahead score. That was a great night as well. We would then go on to Beat Columbus North @ CN and then win a hard fought game over FE Snider in the Dome. 

Edited by Warren05

45 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I will look to see.  If I come across it, I will post it.

High profile is subjective.  You enjoyed playing in the game and it stuck out to you.  Thank you for the recommendation.

No it was Dre Muhammad that played quarterback on that team. He did go to IU as well. 

Well, for me as a fan had to be Snider vs New Pal in the 5A title game in 2015. Snider pours it on in first half and New Pal answers in second half. I really thought Snider would lose that game. Second favorite game, 1986 Snider vs Carmel, one heck of a matchup, I loved watching Dunbar run the seasons he played. 

• Like 2

Thinking locally, Lowell has played in some pretty epic match-ups.  Dwenger, Hobart, Mishawaka, and even New Prairie (among others) are programs I have an immense amount of respect for and look forward to upcoming battles.   That being said, we’re going to get through this, stay safe everyone.

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Thinking locally, Lowell has played in some pretty epic match-ups.  Dwenger, Hobart, Mishawaka, and even New Prairie (among others) are programs I have an immense amount of respect for and look forward to upcoming battles.   That being said, we’re going to get through this, stay safe everyone.

2 of my favorites were Lowell games, both in 2007. Second week of the sectional at the Rockpile, the Red Devils and Plymouth went at one another hammer and tongs for the whole game. Lowell prevailed 14-8 in one of the most physical games I’ve seen. Later, I had them in the semistate at the Inferno before a packed house on a very cold evening when they beat Dwenger 10-7 on a last minute field goal. 

17 minutes ago, Bobref said:

2 of my favorites were Lowell games, both in 2007. Second week of the sectional at the Rockpile, the Red Devils and Plymouth went at one another hammer and tongs for the whole game. Lowell prevailed 14-8 in one of the most physical games I’ve seen. Later, I had them in the semistate at the Inferno before a packed house on a very cold evening when they beat Dwenger 10-7 on a last minute field goal. 

We’ll have more games like that!  I can hardly wait (partially because I can’t get out on the golf course)...

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

We’ll have more games like that!  I can hardly wait (partially because I can’t get out on the golf course)...

So much for my memory. I checked my records and the Lowell - Plymouth game that I’m talking about was 2009. That’s the game Grubbe ran the ball 37 times — every one of them between the tackles. The final was 14-6.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

2001 South 4A Semi-State

Jasper vs. Cathedral 

Jasper was down 21-7 with about 10 minutes to go and came back to win 27-21 in regulation. Cathedral had fumbles on back to back possessions then had a 3 and out to give us a chance.  

• Like 2

2012 Andrean at Cass. 5 OT time game with Andrean winning 67-66. If you were at the game, it was electric. Packed stands and crowds 2 deep around the track. Cass could not stop Desomer on the zone read, and stuggled making PAT's which proved costly late in the game. Total exhaustion after the game for both teams. I feel like Andrean came into the game not expecting Cass to play at the level we played at, and the physicality. By far the best HS football game I have experienced. The reward for winning this game was to face Jaylon Smith the next week....

7 hours ago, LCKfan4life said:

2012 Andrean at Cass. 5 OT time game with Andrean winning 67-66. If you were at the game, it was electric. Packed stands and crowds 2 deep around the track. Cass could not stop Desomer on the zone read, and stuggled making PAT's which proved costly late in the game. Total exhaustion after the game for both teams. I feel like Andrean came into the game not expecting Cass to play at the level we played at, and the physicality. By far the best HS football game I have experienced. The reward for winning this game was to face Jaylon Smith the next week....

That 2012 team Luers team was fun to watch.  3 losses on the field, one to Snider and two to two very good Ohio schools.  

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/32745/5721a2c390eead5d90871cca

11 state championship coaches video

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/32745/5721a5870c5e6812245fb141

On 3/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, DannEllenwood said:

Hardy was actually from Elmhurst.  I think he caught the go-ahead touchdown pass to beat Dwenger in the season opener during his senior year (03-04).  Elmhurst had six consecutive 0-10 seasons, then beat Dwenger who had played in the state finals the previous season.

1A....November 25, 2006; the AAAA State Championship game. Cathedral defeated Concord 38-14

1B.....November 24, 1984; the AAAA State Championship game. Warren Central beat Hobart 28-8. It was the first year the finals were in the dome; so that was pretty cool. While it was fun winning a title as a player and will always be a special memory, I still feel that coaching young men through a State title was far more rewarding for me. 

3. September 13, 2013 New Haven at Carroll. Dru Tranquil and Jordan Hogue were seniors. It was a great game that was back and forth all night. The place was packed and the atmosphere was tremendous. Hogue put himself in late as a punt returner. We were trailing Carroll as we forced them to punt. Hogue returned the punt for the go ahead score, and we were able to hang on for the win. It has been rare I have seen a player put a team on his back like Hogue did. On top of that return, he also had two picks, including one in the end zone as Carroll was driving.