Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game replay

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

I was just toad Park Tudor and Clinton Prairies  have to replay their sectional game due to PT having 12 on the field the last 3 plays on defense. CP was in the red zone and lost by 6. Has this ever happened before?

A3723EC1-B86F-4FE0-8CF6-41EE2C65F6D9.jpeg

I just wanna know who was able to take drone footage of an IHSAA tourney game.

30 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I believe they are entitled to practice until the state finals are over. This game will NOT be played over or any part of it be subject to protest. 

I’ve never heard of this before either but if it’s incorrect I’ll let everyone know. 

42 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

I just wanna know who was able to take drone footage of an IHSAA tourney game.

Yeah, because that's against STATE LAW. I can't even hang my boy's banner up to scare the opposing team.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I believe they are entitled to practice until the state finals are over. This game will NOT be played over or any part of it be subject to protest. 

I cannot remember word for word, but I think it says your season is done when you are eliminated and you cannot preactice after that. 

My guess is CP admins and coaches stated that they have notified the IHSAA that they would like to protest the game.....even though there is no actual process for it and told their players to come in and be prepared to practice. I agree the game will not be replayed. 

Just now, Donnie Baker said:

What happens, if anything to the ref or crew? 

That is up to Asst. Commissioner Faulkens. I know of instances where an egregious error resulted in the crew’s playoff run being terminated prematurely. This particular crew, by history, only gets one game in the tournament anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

No but I’ll check. 

What is there to update, really?

I can’t fathom they would ever replay a game simply because the officials screwed up.  Imagine the can of worms that would open.  There are always bad calls in sports.  Even ones that are supported by video evidence.

The IHSAA may have some words with this crew.  They may lose their playoff assignments.

But replay a game?  That’s preposterous.

Also, who else had to be asleep at the wheel for a team to get away with having 12 players for 3 consecutive snaps?

Doesn’t CP have somebody assigned to count?

Edited by MHSTigerFan

38 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

What is there to update, really?

I can’t fathom they would ever replay a game simply because the officials screwed up.  Imagine the can of worms that would open.  There are always bad calls in sports.  Even ones that are supported by video evidence.

The IHSAA may have some words with this crew.  They may lose their playoff assignments.

But replay a game?  That’s preposterous.

Also, who else had to be asleep at the wheel for a team to get away with having 12 players for 3 consecutive snaps?

Doesn’t CP have somebody assigned to count?

If there has been nothing that has come out by now, it likely won't; not that there was ever a chance anything would. 

As far as counting, it is much more difficult to do for defense. At least when watching an offense, there is the eye test. The requirement of 7 on the line helps tremendously. I actually look at who is off the line first. Some lines have such tight splits, it is hard to tell and count fast enough. 

21 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I was just toad Park Tudor and Clinton Prairies  have to replay their sectional game due to PT having 12 on the field the last 3 plays on defense. CP was in the red zone and lost by 6. Has this ever happened before?

A3723EC1-B86F-4FE0-8CF6-41EE2C65F6D9.jpeg

How in the world does a team have 12 players and not one single coach, including the ones up on the press box, not scream their heads off at the officials to bring it to their attention.

Is it a penalty? Sure is.

Would it have helped them have a better chance of winning? Sure could have.

Did it decide the outcome of the game? Maybe.

Unfortunately, the game is over. I see no way of a game being replayed because of this. That would be a terrible precedent to set.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be very upset to see this if I was on staff at CP. You trust the crews at tournament time to be on point, but I'd be a little more upset and a bit embarrassed that no one on our sidelines caught it.

58 minutes ago, Irishman said:

If there has been nothing that has come out by now, it likely won't; not that there was ever a chance anything would. 

As far as counting, it is much more difficult to do for defense. At least when watching an offense, there is the eye test. The requirement of 7 on the line helps tremendously. I actually look at who is off the line first. Some lines have such tight splits, it is hard to tell and count fast enough. S

Maybe that’s true from the sidelines. But not from the back judge’s position. And he is required to count the defense every play, and signal his count to the wing officials. Lots of blame to go around.

• Like 1