Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game replay

36 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Maybe that’s true from the sidelines. But not from the back judge’s position. And he is required to count the defense every play, and signal his count to the wing officials. Lots of blame to go around.

Sorry...should have clarified....from a coach's perspective in the press box. 

Regardless of whether it is fair or not, there was zero chance that the IHSAA would entertain the possibility of replaying any portion of any game under these circumstances.  That would be a terrible precedent that would have unimaginable consequences in the future.  Hate it for CP, but there is just no chance this was ever a real possibility.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

That natural grass field looks to be in great shape. I've been told here on the GID that comes playoff time all grass fields are practically unplayable morasses.

Clinton County soil. You of all people should know how good the land is up there in Clinton County. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I was just toad Park Tudor and Clinton Prairies  have to replay their sectional game due to PT having 12 on the field the last 3 plays on defense. CP was in the red zone and lost by 6. Has this ever happened before?

A3723EC1-B86F-4FE0-8CF6-41EE2C65F6D9.jpeg

Brilliant move by the DC.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Robert said:

Forgot to add....Cheatin' Catholics!

I don’t think Park Tudors are Catholics just rich

6 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

youre slipping Donnie, how we pose to understand if you dont spell it like you say it ?

Sometimes my smarts come out 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Irishman said:

I cannot remember word for word, but I think it says your season is done when you are eliminated and you cannot preactice after that. 

My guess is CP admins and coaches stated that they have notified the IHSAA that they would like to protest the game.....even though there is no actual process for it and told their players to come in and be prepared to practice. I agree the game will not be replayed. 

There is enough "big farm money" in the Clinton Prairie district that a lawsuit against the IHSAA for this grave error/misconduct is not out of the question.

8 hours ago, Muda69 said:

That natural grass field looks to be in great shape. I've been told here on the GID that comes playoff time all grass fields are practically unplayable morasses.

Not to be argumentative, I mean I like a good grass field as much as the next guy, but when was the last time you saw any measurable precipitation? Hard to tear up grassy concrete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Not to be argumentative, I mean I like a good grass field as much as the next guy, but when was the last time you saw any measurable precipitation? Hard to tear up grassy concrete.

It has been a pretty mild season so far ... although I probably just jinxed us and we'll end up with a late-season hurricane followed the next weekend by a blizzard ... even heat in the early part of the season was not nearly as oppressive as it's been in past seasons.

10 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Last week when I was Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  Was in the first winter storm of the season.

19 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

It's Park Tudor - spoiled rich brats!

P/P/P/P/P/P/C. All the same.  :).   For what it is worth, I teach in a small town and all I hear about is recruiting done by the Catholic and Lutheran schools in Fort Wayne...so I asked our big basketball star if any of the schools around here asked him to go there.  Yep, they all did. 

Edited by Robert
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Robert said:

P/P/P/P/P/P/C. All the same.  :).   For what it is worth, I teach in a small town and all I hear about is recruiting done by the Catholic and Lutheran schools in Fort Wayne...so I asked our big basketball star if any of the schools around here asked him to go there.  Yep, they all did. 

Was he rich?

On 10/24/2022 at 12:04 PM, MHSTigerFan said:

Also, who else had to be asleep at the wheel for a team to get away with having 12 players for 3 consecutive snaps?

Doesn’t CP have somebody assigned to count?

My son came home talking about this situation and I couldn't believe it! 🤯 I talked with some of his coaches and they told me this is actually more common than you would believe. They said more than once they've been watching game recordings for other teams and have seen the team on defense use 12 players and not get caught. I couldn't believe it, but they said they have seen 12 players on the field for the defense for multiple plays in a row before the officials noticed it! 🥴 

Following my fact finding mission, I told my son that he should help make sure his team never has more than 11 players on the field! The football referees are human too and they deserve some grace when they mess up! 🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1