Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Stink at Indian Creek

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Doyel is a hack and always capitalizes on the low hanging fruit.  His hit pieces know no end and transfer approvals don't get clicks so they also don't go public as often as they happen.

I just don't think the IHSAA "screwing kids over" is as common as folks think.  Its easy to pile on a few high profile cases and attempt to paint their outcome as the norm.

Back on topic, the specific incident discussed in this thread seems awful and embarassing.

I won't comment on the IHSAA "screwing kids over" bc i don't know about any of the cases, what i've read about this case is indeed troubling tho!  BUT i 100% agree about Doyel, he's a ego driven hack!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

But anyway, this is probably the most disgusting story we’re heard yet in terms of IHSAA transfer horror stories. Many of the “adults” in this story should be downright ashamed of themselves. 

Sounds like this Mr. Gillin runs the high school and probably the burg of Trafalgar with an iron fist.................

No idea on how this all was handled or went down - but the IHSAA hypocrisy on allowing/not allowing transfers is comical. 

They (the IHSAA) are in a tough spot no doubt - but in some instances when the transfers we CLEARLY athletic driven - the IHSAA just happens to turn a blind eye. 

Then- you have this Indian Creek case...and again, if what is reported is true...like, seriously?? 

18 minutes ago, jets said:

No idea on how this all was handled or went down - but the IHSAA hypocrisy on allowing/not allowing transfers is comical. 

They (the IHSAA) are in a tough spot no doubt - but in some instances when the transfers we CLEARLY athletic driven - the IHSAA just happens to turn a blind eye. 

Then- you have this Indian Creek case...and again, if what is reported is true...like, seriously?? 

It’s a true arm chair quarterback type of profession.  Everyone on this forum could do it I bet, lol.

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

image.png.9833dc71f239550199e972a452ae50bb.png

I don't know who's right and who's wrong with this particular case.

But it seems Doyel always has an agenda....and perhaps laziness is there as well, but I am leaning its more of an agenda.  I dropped the IndyStar because of their agenda and specifically the actions and behavior of Doyel on social media.  He makes his biases very apparent.  Its a shame, as I think Kyle Ned is a gem for the Star.  I value following him on social media very much.  Doyel, not so much.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If the player wasn't kicked off the team and he has to play to get an offer to go to college and he isn't listed on the Indian Creek Maxpreps roster, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say someone on the family side or the coaching side is lying. Why wouldn't the player just want to come back and play with his buddies if the coach showed nothing but love for his athletes? Why is the player so adamant about playing football, but won't for Indian Creek? Something isn't adding up regardless of who wrote the article.

• Like 1

Just now, jets said:

Why was Indian Creek protesting the transfer?? Why not just grant it? 

Good questions.  And if young Mr. Scoggan wasn't actually kicked off the football team as Mr. Doyel claims he was, why did he transfer to Greenwood?

7 minutes ago, jets said:

Why was Indian Creek protesting the transfer?? Why not just grant it? 

Therein lies part of the problem. Down here, where the student wants to transfer in large part dictates whether there will be a "release" or not. EVSC to EVSC is always allowed. EVSC to a parochial school? Generally no. If there is no "release" then the family is forced into the IHSAA process, which is heavily stacked against them. Administrators, teachers, and coaches can all move from one school to another without any obstacles. Why not students?

Edited by tango

8 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I don't know who's right and who's wrong with this particular case.

But it seems Doyel always has an agenda....and perhaps laziness is there as well, but I am leaning its more of an agenda.  I dropped the IndyStar because of their agenda and specifically the actions and behavior of Doyel on social media.  He makes his biases very apparent.  Its a shame, as I think Kyle Ned is a gem for the Star.  I value following him on social media very much.  Doyel, not so much.

Seconded.

7 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

If the player wasn't kicked off the team and he has to play to get an offer to go to college and he isn't listed on the Indian Creek Maxpreps roster, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say someone on the family side or the coaching side is lying. Why wouldn't the player just want to come back and play with his buddies if the coach showed nothing but love for his athletes? Why is the player so adamant about playing football, but won't for Indian Creek? Something isn't adding up regardless of who wrote the article.

Multiple things can be true at the same time in this instance.

30 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

"the kid was not kicked off the team" .... either way, will be pretty easy to tell which side is lying when they get into it, I would think. I feel like this is the whole basis of this issue. 

Outside of the whole, not being eligible thing, upon transfer. 

If he wasn't kicked off, that pretty much washes away IC from wrongdoing, right?

One of the questions I have about Mr. Doyel's article is this level of interaction Mr. Gillin supposedly had with young Mr. Scoggan.  The article talks about Gillin following Mr. Scoggan around the school recording him, multiple text messages sent by Mr. Gillin to Mr. Scoggan, etc.   If true, is this normal behavior for a high school football coach towards his players?  I know in other youth organizations an adult directly texting a minor is strictly verboten.  

26 minutes ago, tango said:

Therein lies part of the problem. Down here, where the student wants to transfer in large part dictates whether there will be a "release" or not. EVSC to EVSC is always allowed. EVSC to a parochial school? Generally no. If there is no "release" then the family is forced into the IHSAA process, which is heavily stacked against them. Administrators, teachers, and coaches can all move from one school to another without any obstacles. Why not students?

Or Castle to anyplace else is a no.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

The coaches brother said on Facebook it’s all a lie. I swear to God he did 

The coach's dad has said some funny things to me on Facebook.  Bitter loss in 1989 still stings. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

One of the questions I have about Mr. Doyel's article is this level of interaction Mr. Gillin supposedly had with young Mr. Scoggan.  The article talks about Gillin following Mr. Scoggan around the school recording him, multiple text messages sent by Mr. Gillin to Mr. Scoggan, etc.   If true, is this normal behavior for a high school football coach towards his players?  I know in other youth organizations an adult directly texting a minor is strictly verboten.  

yea, that seems strange to say the least

The NFHS & IHSAA & other state associations are ran just as well as the farce called the NCAA above them. They're all about the Indy area & those they have ties with. No surprise with this story.

Doyle sucks. I'd go out on a limb and say that Doyel, the IHSAA, Indian Creek, the kids family, and the coaches are all spinning their own story. 

Is there a bylaw in the IHSAA rulebook that addresses a kid leaving a school two months after his sister obtained a restraining order against an assistant coach?  - Aren't restraining order public knowledge? it would be pretty easy and quick to look this up.

“(Coach Gillin) began being different to me (at) weightlifting class at school. He would take pictures of me in between sets to try and say I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to be doing. - I don't understand this. How would taking pictures of a kid resting between sets showing "he wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing."?

He would always call me or text me just to ask if I’m coming to after school weights. … Since our protective order got approved he hasn’t contacted me one time. - My understanding is the restraining order was against an assistant coach, not Coach Gillin. So why would Gillin not contact him after it was approved? Not saying he did or didn't contact him after; just seems weird.

Someone destroyed the mailbox of an Indian Creek family in early February. - Would be nice to know if this family is somehow involved with the story other than a destroyed mailbox. But at the end of the day a high schooler destroyed a mailbox, who cares

6 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Doyle sucks. I'd go out on a limb and say that Doyel, the IHSAA, Indian Creek, the kids family, and the coaches are all spinning their own story. 

Is there a bylaw in the IHSAA rulebook that addresses a kid leaving a school two months after his sister obtained a restraining order against an assistant coach?  - Aren't restraining order public knowledge? it would be pretty easy and quick to look this up.

“(Coach Gillin) began being different to me (at) weightlifting class at school. He would take pictures of me in between sets to try and say I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to be doing. - I don't understand this. How would taking pictures of a kid resting between sets showing "he wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing."?

He would always call me or text me just to ask if I’m coming to after school weights. … Since our protective order got approved he hasn’t contacted me one time. - My understanding is the restraining order was against an assistant coach, not Coach Gillin. So why would Gillin not contact him after it was approved? Not saying he did or didn't contact him after; just seems weird.

Someone destroyed the mailbox of an Indian Creek family in early February. - Would be nice to know if this family is somehow involved with the story other than a destroyed mailbox. But at the end of the day a high schooler destroyed a mailbox, who cares

Three sides to every story…the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

Edited by temptation