Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week #8 Scores

Bloomington South 51 Brebeuf Jesuit 19 (11:53, 4th)

South Panthers scored on a long pass play to pretty much put this one out of reach if it wasn't already there.  

Edited by ptr

Bloomington North 38 Columbus North 35 (final)

B-North almost blew a 21-point halftime lead in the 2nd half, but hung on for the win. They have gained at least a tie for the CI championship and will probably win it outright against Southport next week. 

Edited by ptr

On 9/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, BTF said:

Westfield28

Fishers 14

Westfield dominates most of the first half, until Fishers puts together a late drive and makes it 13-7 at halftime. Fishers' stud running back Khobie Martin was most of the Tigers offense the entire game, until he went down with what looked like a shoulder injury late in the third quarter. Until Martin's injury, the third quarter belonged to Fishers. They started several drives in Westfield territory, as the Rocks offense came out sluggish and punting was difficult going south. However, their defense kept Fishers out of the end zone until 5 minutes left in the game, with Westfield up 21-7. Westfield would recover the onside kick and score again with just over 2 minutes in the game to make the final score 28-14.  Next week at Franklin Central.

Edited by WestfieldRocks
Error

Harrison wins over Logansport 43-7.

The win assures Harrison of at least a share of a final NCC title on the way out of the conference.  A win over 1-7 Richmond next week gives them sole possession of the title.

52 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Brownsburg 27  Noblesvilles 22  Final

a little surprising ?

No. Not even a little bit. Noblesville 41, Homestead 0

To be fair though, every team is bound to have an "off" night. If indeed that is what happened to Brownsburg. 

Edited by BTF

10 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Brownsburg 27  Noblesvilles 22  Final

a little surprising ?

Not really surprising to me. Noblesville has had some rather close games that they haven't won. If Coach Sharpe's offense is clicking it can really chew up clock and limit possessions for the other team and less scoring. Judging from the box score (and knowing it was windy leading to less passing) the game likely went quick and possession were limited.

image.png.f1974fdb02bb3325d704a9fed61f5b4a.png

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I am not one to normal bad mouth officials on here,  but when you blow a call that bad you need to be called out for it.

You’re certainly entitled to voice your opinion on whether the call was correct or not. But when you insinuate bias in the officiating, that’s a completely different thing … and you need to be “called out” for it.

44 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You’re certainly entitled to voice your opinion on whether the call was correct or not. But when you insinuate bias in the officiating, that’s a completely different thing … and you need to be “called out” for it.

That is a fair not bias just bad officiating,  

Edited by Trojanmp52

47 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It doesn't exist, at all? I'm leaning toward human nature on this one. There are 785 officials (presuming there are 157 game with each game having a crew of 5). I'm just not buying all 785 officials being "unbiased." 

"I may be wrong, but I doubt it." Charles Barlkley

57 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I didn't sense insinuation of bias.  The last drive of the first half was poorly officiated.  Not the end of the world.  The players and coaches made mistakes too.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

It doesn't exist, at all? I'm leaning toward human nature on this one. There are 785 officials (presuming there are 157 games with each game having a crew of 5). I'm just not buying all 785 officials being "unbiased." 

"I may be wrong, but I doubt it." Charles Barkley

this is why we need a post-game press conference for the officials as I suggested last year. to give room to clear the air