Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Are we sure???

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

I will say the same thing I have always said from the day it was announced, though.  Just move every single P/P up a class and be done with it.  I’m totally down with that.   

Seema that simple doesn’t it?? 

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

There is a flaw in the success factor... Southridge chose the wrong 2 years to be good... WeBo could win the state championship back-to-back years with no penalty... but Southridge wins the State followed by a Regional championship and gets bumped to 3A. If you are going to penalize one, you have to do all... It makes sense to RECLASS every two years, but the success factor should be in place every year.

Seriously- how has this flaw not been brought up or fixed?? Makes zero sense at all. ZERO

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

No...but I do know the correct definition of a "Hail Mary".

Man- can’t you guys ever play nice?? 

11 hours ago, freesample4u said:

I know this will make some people mad, but oh well. Move the private schools up. Leave public schools alone. Talent pool is so cyclical with the smaller schools. 

So private schools like Park Tudor and Noll have to move up classes because Cathedral, Andrean, LCC and Chatard are good? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Muda69 said:

A true system of promotion/relegation would be better.  Then enrollment would not matter,  just the strength of the program.

How would you do that with 300+ Schools Muda?  Honestly, I am very curious if not enrollment... How do you break 300+ football playing schools into 6 classes?

15 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Should other things factor into whether a team gets bumped up or has to stay up a class besides just the number of wins? If so, I wonder what would be considered? Free and Reduced lunch count? The availability of certain forms of technology that not every school possesses?

Endzone Cameras.  LOL

4 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

So private schools like Park Tudor and Noll have to move up classes because Cathedral, Andrean, LCC and Chatard are good? 

And 8th grade & Freshman classes havae to play up a class because a small public school had 2 solid classes.  

I don't know what the answer is.  The 4 year cycle with throwing out the good year and throwing out the bad year could be interesting... But aren't you still punishing some kids for the success of 1 or 2 classes?

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

How would you do that with 300+ Schools Muda?  Honestly, I am very curious if not enrollment... How do you break 300+ football playing schools into 6 classes?

The initial slotting would be by their W-L records, tournament success, etc.  over an agreed on period of time.

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Word. 

As I stated earlier, the success factor had ONE goal. It has been achieved. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just stating the facts. 

Had ONE goal - but at the expense of others?? Just the "unintended consequences" argument?? Ya it made some P/P play up some classes a few years, but what of the obvious FLAWS in the system?? Like a school could win back-to-back States and have no repercussions?? 

6 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Sorry, that's not really what I meant. When a private school has prolonged success in a class, move them up- like they're currently doing. I didn't mean all private schools. I don't really think it should apply to all public schools as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, freesample4u said:

Sorry, that's not really what I meant. When a private school has prolonged success in a class, move them up- like they're currently doing. I didn't mean all private schools. I don't really think it should apply to all public schools as well. 

Sounds to me like perhaps you haven’t quite thought this through all the way. The SF already doesn’t have much meaning to 90% of the schools in the state in any practical sense ... since they will never be “successful” enough to have it affect them. It affects only those that have shown they can consistently punch above their weight class. Unfortunately, as presently constructed, it defines “consistently” far too broadly. But if tweaked to really affect only consistently successful programs, instead of also the aberrational class that a particular school might have once in a blue moon, it will work as intended.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Endzone Cameras.  LOL

You make a great point. Let's say that a team moves up one class for a 2 year cycle. What if they miss the threshold to stay up by one point, but at the same time they have a state of the art endzone camera like the Hi-Pod X31? Should it be considered to keep them in the larger class due to their technological superiority over other opponents? 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

20 hours ago, Screagle said:

Same for EM...picked the wrong years. Unfortunately, they are now stuck in 4A through next cycle. Kids that had very little to do with the recent run by the Tigers are getting punished the next several years. I’m guessing enrollment for EM will be just over 500 students with only a couple hundred boys. 

Memorial is playing for an opportunity to represent the south in 4a tomorrow night.   How is this "punished"    You do not think that the Coaching Staff and continued success of Memorial will continue to translate for years to come?  I know some lean years in 2014 and 2015 however that does not look like the norm under Coach Hurley 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Memorial is playing for an opportunity to represent the south in 4a tomorrow night.   How is this "punished"    You do not think that the Coaching Staff and continued success of Memorial will continue to translate for years to come?  I know some lean years in 2014 and 2015 however that does not look like the norm under Coach Hurley 

Stinks to go to Lucas Oil these days.......apparently.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jets said:

Had ONE goal - but at the expense of others?? Just the "unintended consequences" argument?? Ya it made some P/P play up some classes a few years, but what of the obvious FLAWS in the system?? Like a school could win back-to-back States and have no repercussions?? 

You mad, bro?  Eastbrook could go to back to back State Finals games with no repercussions also...  

13 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015...but who's counting.  LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jets said:

Any feel good rule/law will have unintended consequences. 

I'm not arguing either side of this, I'm just stating it's purpose, and it's purpose has been fulfilled. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

4 trips to LOS, 3 straight W’s on Coal Mine Road. Win something besides a regular season game.  

Too many lean years up 41 to even count. 

Easy Junior...just throwing facts out there....keep showing your colors.   Apparently hit a sore spot,  were you on one of those teams?

29 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

This group earned that right. Not my point. It’s the groups that follow this class. 

Just now, Titan32 said:

Easy Junior...just throwing facts out there....keep showing your colors.   Apparently hit a sore spot,  were you on one of those teams?

Same, Junior! Win something that matters.  I can count GS quality wins over last 4 seasons on 1 hand. 

29 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

You mad, bro?  Eastbrook could go to back to back State Finals games with no repercussions also...  

Not mad at all. Thought we represented ourselves pretty well for moving up to 3A and losing our All-State caliber QB. Just pointing out what I feel is an obvious flaw in the system. Some of you dudes try and turn EVERYTHING into an argument and it really is annoying/tiresome. 

Glad you all got a new field though.