Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (10-0) at Owen Valley (10-0)

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

To be fair to Vincennes…last years team would have been smoked by this years VL team I think.  Their record of 4-6 really doesn’t do them any justice….and with the pieces they are returning they are expected to be a contender for the SIAC next year 

Hunt (QB) and Johnson (RB) for Vincennes started last year, but suffered season ending injuries in Week 1 or Week 2.  That is a huge difference between the 2021 and 2022 version of the Alices.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

Hunt (QB) and Johnson (RB) for Vincennes started last year, but suffered season ending injuries in Week 1 or Week 2.  That is a huge difference between the 2021 and 2022 version of the Alices.  

Yeah those two definitely would make a world of difference.  They will be fun to follow next year…and probably a little bit scary come playoffs…hopefully the bracket is divided nicely and we don’t see a VL/OV or VL/GS before week 12 again 

After some evaluation of both teams through film and stats, I feel this game is a mismatch.  Both teams are 10-0 and have had great seasons, however I think OV will really struggle in this game.  TH South, South Warren, Southridge are all teams better than anyone OV has played.  Boonville, Heritage Hills, Vincennes, and Mt Vernon are similar to the top competition that OV has played.  Having said that, I think Gibson Southern is more battle tested and very well coached.  My prediction is Gibson Southern 41  Owen Valley 20.  Anything can happen on any given night, but I just think the Titans are considerably better than the Patriots.

5 hours ago, Patriot Nation said:

I think it’s pretty cool that OV has been producing media like this all year.  I’ve seen it on Twitter and Facebook on multiple pages.

sure it’s nothing too crazy but I just like that a school/program is doing something small for extra media. 

kinda miss that with GS from last year.  Last year GS had an amazing broadcast going and the guy doing it would dub over highlights with his radio call for special moments like when Brady Allen became the all time passing TDs leader for Indiana or when the clock hit zero vs Tri west and he was saying “pack your bags, your Gibson southern titans are going to the state championship” 

just little stuff like this I think can really show how much a community cares about their team. 

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

That was a nice interview.  I really liked Coach Gibsons comment saying (paraphrased)

“anyone who says this is just another game doesn’t know championship football. It’s not just another game…you have to earn it all year to get a game like this and you have to play championship football to win these games” 

just watching this interview shows that OV is coming in looking for a brawl and expecting to win.  Neither team is overlooking the other…Seems like the OV community has bought in completely so it’s going to be an absolutely packed house knowing GS fans are going to show up in numbers too. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

22 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That was a nice interview.  I really liked Coach Gibsons comment saying (paraphrased)

“anyone who says this is just another game doesn’t know championship football. It’s not just another game…you have to earn it all year to get a game like this and you have to play championship football to win these games” 

just watching this interview shows that OV is coming in looking for a brawl and expecting to win.  Neither team is overlooking the other…Seems like the OV community has bought in completely so it’s going to be an absolutely packed house knowing GS fans are going to show up in numbers too. 

No doubt he is adding pressure as opposed to deflecting it.

On 10/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, The Ghost said:

That’s funny!! Why would anyone from GS waste their time in city that has to try and tell you “You’ll Like Linton” as you enter town

Actually,,,that's a warning. 😕    Having grown up with grandparents, Aunts and Uncles from Owensville, FOrt Branch and Haubstadt, even Johnson...  I recall when Gibby South formed and wondering what a Titan was.  Long live the Kickapoos and Twigs!   And I'm just glad to see my Miners in a conversation other than my own posts.

It would be nice to see OV compete for 4 quarters and end their season on a good note even if they don't notch the W.  Its the standard thing....SOS.  No question GS plays a better level of competition that the Pats do.  Brown County, Edgewood, Cloverdale don't prepare for GS...altho Washington and Princeton are perennial losing programs.  The Pats had close wins with SUllivan and Indian Creek...but gave up a lot, and that makes me think GS will be able to score a lot as well.  I must admit to thinking Northview would beat OV...but was surprised in the 28-7 Patriot Win.  The Titans have wins over 2 5A schools, Terre Haute South being an unusual 6-3... not to mention Southridge Heritage Hills and a solid Boonville team.  And I think VIncennes at 4-6 was pretty good when they clicked.  It would be hard to pick OV to pull this upset.

But kudos to OV... seniors were 1-9 as freshmen and 3-26 from 2018-2020.  Went from 3-7 to 10-2 in Coach Gibson's 1st year.  Hopefully being at home in Spencer with I suspect a heavy turnout from the area giving the Patriots an extra push makes this a ballgame.  Perhaps the Titans will take them lightly and come out slow... but I don't think OV wins in a shootout, and I don't see GS not scoring a bunch.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brownstown guy coming in peace here. This seems like it’s going to be a fun matchup to listen to.

Going to have to go with GS on this one. They are altogether a completely different animal. I’ve seen it firsthand from back when we were in 3A.

That being said, will there be any radio coverage of this game? If so, what station?

Thanks in advance and good luck to both teams.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BtownBraves said:

Brownstown guy coming in peace here. This seems like it’s going to be a fun matchup to listen to.

Going to have to go with GS on this one. They are altogether a completely different animal. I’ve seen it firsthand from back when we were in 3A.

That being said, will there be any radio coverage of this game? If so, what station?

Thanks in advance and good luck to both teams.

http://www.bashradio.com/

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

Actually,,,that's a warning. 😕    Having grown up with grandparents, Aunts and Uncles from Owensville, FOrt Branch and Haubstadt, even Johnson...  I recall when Gibby South formed and wondering what a Titan was.  Long live the Kickapoos and Twigs!   And I'm just glad to see my Miners in a conversation other than my own posts.

It would be nice to see OV compete for 4 quarters and end their season on a good note even if they don't notch the W.  Its the standard thing....SOS.  No question GS plays a better level of competition that the Pats do.  Brown County, Edgewood, Cloverdale don't prepare for GS...altho Washington and Princeton are perennial losing programs.  The Pats had close wins with SUllivan and Indian Creek...but gave up a lot, and that makes me think GS will be able to score a lot as well.  I must admit to thinking Northview would beat OV...but was surprised in the 28-7 Patriot Win.  The Titans have wins over 2 5A schools, Terre Haute South being an unusual 6-3... not to mention Southridge Heritage Hills and a solid Boonville team.  And I think VIncennes at 4-6 was pretty good when they clicked.  It would be hard to pick OV to pull this upset.

But kudos to OV... seniors were 1-9 as freshmen and 3-26 from 2018-2020.  Went from 3-7 to 10-2 in Coach Gibson's 1st year.  Hopefully being at home in Spencer with I suspect a heavy turnout from the area giving the Patriots an extra push makes this a ballgame.  Perhaps the Titans will take them lightly and come out slow... but I don't think OV wins in a shootout, and I don't see GS not scoring a bunch.  

You forgot probably our best win against South Warren...the KY 5A state champs.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You should start a GS vs Indy Lutheran thread...folks are dying to read it.

They won't get to play, but I think that would be a good game, don't you?  I find it funny that GS could be the best team in 3a, but not in 1a.

1 minute ago, Tippy said:

They won't get to play, but I think that would be a good game, don't you?  I find it funny that GS could be the best team in 3a, but not in 1a.

This is one of the best troll post of all time.  No one cares...literally no one.  Typically when the best team in a class is a P&P they are good enough to compete with the better teams 1 or 2 classes higher.  If they aren't, then they aren't using their inherent P&P superpowers effectively (like effective enrollment).  Should be easy for them.  Now go away and play in a 1A thread skippy.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This is one of the best troll post of all time.  No one cares...literally no one.  Typically when the best team in a class is a P&P they are good enough to compete with the better teams 1 or 2 classes higher.  If they aren't, then they aren't using their inherent P&P superpowers effectively (like effective enrollment).  Should be easy for them.  Now go away and play in a 1A thread skippy.  

Oh well, good luck the rest of the way.  I do think GS can beat Chatard this year.

18 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I know of 1 P/P that can't even beat any of the publics with a winning record in their own Conference.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 1