Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (10-0) at Owen Valley (10-0)

50 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

Blame the IHSAA for that one!!

I wish it were being streamed, but the IHSAA isn't to blame. Any game can be streamed, somebody just has to step up and do it. Several teams in SW Indiana have local media stream their home games (Linton, Jasper). There seems to be more companies involved in central and northern Indiana though. Indiana SRN branched out to SW Indiana this year to stream all the Ev. Memorial games. The IHSAA doesn't produce any of the games until the state finals and then it is exclusively the IHSAA. 

8 minutes ago, tango said:

I wish it were being streamed, but the IHSAA isn't to blame. Any game can be streamed, somebody just has to step up and do it. Several teams in SW Indiana have local media stream their home games (Linton, Jasper). There seems to be more companies involved in central and northern Indiana though. Indiana SRN branched out to SW Indiana this year to stream all the Ev. Memorial games. The IHSAA doesn't produce any of the games until the state finals and then it is exclusively the IHSAA. 

Any stream of the tournament has to be approved by the IHSAA and whoever streams it has to pay them a fee to do so. Regular season games are free game but once the postseason hits, the IHSAA controls streaming rights

33 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

Any stream of the tournament has to be approved by the IHSAA and whoever streams it has to pay them a fee to do so. Regular season games are free game but once the postseason hits, the IHSAA controls streaming rights

Your statement doesn't make Tango's incorrect.  Simply put - have you ever heard of the IHSAA turning down money?

An interested party could stream the game if they had the capability/desire to do so. 

I'm not entirely sure the IHSAA requires a rights fee to broadcast a sectional game. I say that only because our Sectional game on Indiana SRN was free (just like regular season), as were the 3-4 other games I watched over the weekend. I would expect SRN to charge something if they were being charged by the IHSAA. Maybe they have a blanket license with the IHSAA or something? 

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Too expensive for a poor little school in the middle of a corn field.  We are selling girl scout cookies to have enough cash to gas up our yellow buses for the Owen Valley trip.

Hah!! You guys could actually make a killing streaming games from sponsors. Last time I listened to Coach Hart's radio show there were so many sponsors it took the first 5 minutes to read them. And think of it, if you charged $10 to watch you'd probably get $100 a week from @DumfriesYMCA alone... 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, wvigo13 said:

Thanks! It'd be great to host GS. We don't have a chance of winning but it'd be nice to see the defending the state champs in our house. 

Wait...what?? You don't stand a chance of beating Pike Central?? 

Ok then...

41 minutes ago, tango said:

Hah!! You guys could actually make a killing streaming games from sponsors. Last time I listened to Coach Hart's radio show there were so many sponsors it took the first 5 minutes to read them. And think of it, if you charged $10 to watch you'd probably get $100 a week from @DumfriesYMCA alone... 

I know I'd pay 100.00 for the regular season, beats the hell out of gas for the 13 hour drive to see them now. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

AHHHHH I was mistaken.... I do know that a lot of teams are now using the Hudl Focus cameras that can be linked directly to YouTube to stream games. I wonder if OV has a Hudl Focus camera and YouTube account!

1 hour ago, tango said:

I'm not entirely sure the IHSAA requires a rights fee to broadcast a sectional game. I say that only because our Sectional game on Indiana SRN was free (just like regular season), as were the 3-4 other games I watched over the weekend. I would expect SRN to charge something if they were being charged by the IHSAA. Maybe they have a blanket license with the IHSAA or something? 

lol Maybe! 

tbh…I kinda enjoy the radio broadcast.  I’m younger than most of you guys but I genuinely enjoy listening to a good game on the radio.  

Friday nights I have my headphones in doing housework or whatever.  Wife seems to like it too lol me cleaning and being quiet 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Go Patriots.  Spencer has a pretty good Mexican restaurant, caddy-cornered from the McDonalds.

MEXICAN Mexican, or 'muricanized Mexican? I'll eat the latter if I have to, but the former is far superior. If your dish doesn't include tongue, brain, or some other organ, you're at the wrong place.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Too expensive for a poor little school in the middle of a corn field.  We are selling girl scout cookies to have enough cash to gas up our yellow buses for the Owen Valley trip.

I keep eating my way through my kid's inventory. Caramel de lites are the best cookie invented and I'll say it right to your face.