Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis to host IMG Academy

5 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Ben Davis will bring in national power IMG Academy on September 8, replacing Center Grove on their 2023 schedule.

BD has a loaded roster this upcoming year, but IMG will be an incredible challenge.

They went from pursuing Concordia to landing IMG?

20 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Ben Davis will bring in national power IMG Academy on September 8, replacing Center Grove on their 2023 schedule.

BD has a loaded roster this upcoming year, but IMG will be an incredible challenge.

Is there an article to verify this? I think IMG isn't apart of the FHSAA...I think that would make them ineligible to compete against BD. Could be wrong. 

8 minutes ago, GoodKn19ht said:

Is there an article to verify this? I think IMG isn't apart of the FHSAA...I think that would make them ineligible to compete against BD. Could be wrong. 

It has been posted by BD Football and Kyle Neddenriep of the Star on Twitter.  No article, but that comes directly from the source.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Anyone know who the HC of IMG is these days? I had heard recently on a podcast it was Kyle Brey, son of ND bb coach Mike Brey, who played at Penn HS some years back. 

1 hour ago, GoodKn19ht said:

Brey coaches one of their varsity teams, and I think those teams are members of the FHSAA. They field additional teams at IMG outside of the big team that travels the country.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

They went from pursuing Concordia to landing IMG?

No valid source for my claim, but there was some chatter that Ben Davis had reached out to Concordia when the SAC was looking for Week 1 & 2 opponents. To their defense, Snider, Carroll, Homestead, and Dwenger had agreements already in place when that rumor was circulating. Maybe the Giants just needed someone to fill their schedule. Again, take this with a grain of salt, no inside information on this claim. 

5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

1) Travel restriction?

2) This is a horrible idea for BD in my opinion. 

3) IMG is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with HS sports. 

There is nothing wrong with img

there school is no different then a magnet school for academics, img just chooses to cater to athletics. 

why shouldn’t highly gifted athletes have an options for an elite athletic high school!

48 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

You guys act like they are the 85 bears 

they have lost to normal 

schools it appears 

source

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/bradenton/img-academy-ascenders/football/schedule/

I saw above that BD has a “loaded roster” in 2023 which may be true…by Indiana standards.

BD has a few kids getting D1 offers and of those 2-3 are power 5.

Though I am sure a lot can change with IMG’s roster from the time of this post until when the game is actually played, at first glance IMG has four 5 stars, seven 4 stars and two 3 stars on the roster according to 247.

In other words, BD will have a couple power 5 kids on the field and a handful of mid-major kids.  IMG will have multiple kids who end up in the SEC and end up making money on Sundays.

Hope I am wrong but BD keeping this competitive would be a shot in the arm for Indiana high school football.

17 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Is it that great for Indiana high school football though really? 

If they can remain competitive.

Edited by temptation

16 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

There is nothing wrong with img

there school is no different then a magnet school for academics, img just chooses to cater to athletics. 

why shouldn’t highly gifted athletes have an options for an elite athletic high school!

I think the issue schools have run into is that IMG uses these road trips to recruit and poach. I know that the Georgia association, whatever name it goes by, has banned their member schools from playing IMG. Several years ago, the head coach from Westlake Carroll was at the Notre Dame coaches clinic. They had played IMG the previous season and got waxed, but there were also a handful of players from that area that had transferred mid school year to IMG. I am not saying kids don't deserve opportunities, but this seems to be a bit of letting the fox in the henhouse to pluck a few. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, temptation said:

I saw above that BD has a “loaded roster” in 2023 which may be true…by Indiana standards.

BD has a few kids getting D1 offers and of those 2-3 are power 5.

Though I am sure a lot can change with IMG’s roster from the time of this post until when the game is actually played, at first glance IMG has four 5 stars, seven 4 stars and two 3 stars on the roster according to 247.

In other words, BD will have a couple power 5 kids on the field and a handful of mid-major kids.  IMG will have multiple kids who end up in the SEC and end up making money on Sundays.

Hope I am wrong but BD keeping this competitive would be a shot in the arm for Indiana high school football.

If they can remain competitive.

So is it truly better for BD to replace CG with them? What is really truly better for Indiana football? What is better for the Ihsaa?

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I think the issue schools have run into is that IMG uses these road trips to recruit and poach. 

Maybe IMG was inspired by the Jaylon Smith led 7 on 7 team from Fort Wayne that traveled down to Florida and won the whole tournament. 

2 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

We'll see what happens. 

How many starters return? They were just a few plays away from an undefeated regular season last year. 

8 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Brey coaches one of their varsity teams, and I think those teams are members of the FHSAA. They field additional teams at IMG outside of the big team that travels the country.

When people think of IMG, they think of their “national” team, the one that goes everywhere. But they also have team that plays mostly other Florida schools. It’s the latter that’s coming to Indy, I believe.

From the IMG website:

“With three teams competing across various levels, IMG Academy football will identify which program is the best fit for prospective student-athletes grades 6-12 as well as for post-graduate players based on their age, skill level, position, and overall goals. IMG Academy is a full member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), and the National Team competes as an independent. IMG follows the practice requirements and standards issued by the FHSAA.”

https://www.imgacademy.com/boarding-school/athletics/football