Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship Bishop Luers vs North Posey

Back in 2000, Everyone said that the Luers football team was the best in all classes.  Many fans said Luers was a lock on winning a state championship.  Along comes a team from Evansville that many of us had never heard of and cleaned house on Luers 56-10.  ANY team that makes it this far is very dangerous and should not be taken lightly.  This is why I don't make predictions.

1 hour ago, LuersLurker said:

Back in 2000, Everyone said that the Luers football team was the best in all classes.  Many fans said Luers was a lock on winning a state championship.  Along comes a team from Evansville that many of us had never heard of and cleaned house on Luers 56-10.  ANY team that makes it this far is very dangerous and should not be taken lightly.  This is why I don't make predictions.

You know predictions have zero impact on the actual contest correct?

1 hour ago, LuersLurker said:

You’d never heard of Madder Days before 2000?

8 hours ago, sr1 said:

If you look online for the drive time it will tell you 2 hours and 42 minutes. For a distance of 169 miles. That is traveling the speed limit on I64 and I69 of 70 MPH for much of the trip. School buses are not allowed by law to travel at 70 MPH. It will be a 3 hour trip for the buses. 

Add on the time zone change. 

7 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Did I hear the announcer say Luers was home team but wanted to wear visitor jerseys? 

not sure who said that but NP won the toss and as the home team elected to wear their dark jerseys

14 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Luers win the title for ugliest uniforms for the weekend.

hahaha the black on white on red is unusual for sure but was told they opted against  black pants because NP would be wearing black tops/helmets and wanted a bit of contrast

2 minutes ago, GoIrish01 said:

not sure who said that but NP won the toss and as the home team elected to wear their dark jerseys

hahaha the black on white on red is unusual for sure but was told they opted against  black pants because NP would be wearing black tops/helmets and wanted a bit of contrast

They TV announcers did. 

They made a conversation about it.

Evansville newspaper made a big deal about Coach Schenk and NP running 28 (I forget the exact number) different offensive formations. 

That seems to be the Vikings best success. The more bizarre the better. Traditional formations and throwing the ball don’t seem to be working against the Luers D.