Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

No bueno, but not much of a surprise.  BTW:

B3CD691B-28A9-43FE-8080-3E0587840EAA.jpeg

Yep...or the ones who were marginal high school football players who now knows more than the coach who has been at for 25+ years...just because they have a kid on the team...probably the same people..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gipper said:

No bueno, but not much of a surprise.  BTW:

B3CD691B-28A9-43FE-8080-3E0587840EAA.jpeg

Interesting how this meme is permitted yet when video evidence of Dr. Fauci stating the coronavirus is no threat to Americans and advising people to not wear masks is posted the video's are removed.

I merged topics here. We would like to keep all updates under this topic so the page is not cluttered with each school that either suspends or cancels the season. Thanks folks. 

Also, sorry, I suck at merging, so I may not have gotten the original topic heading right. 

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

According to John Harrell yes

also thanks admin for banning that poster that derailed all these posts and started stupid posts such as parents fighting for kids

For the record, we did not ban anyone; said person asked to have his account deleted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

also thanks admin for banning that poster that derailed all these posts and started stupid posts such as parents fighting for kids

Guess we should expect these topics to not get derailed? Its gonna happen. Just hope they keep both sides of arguement neutered and not just one.

Suspend or cancel?? it looks like all attempts will be made to play some games, but as I think I mentioned months ago this will be too big of an problem to manage state wide, so maybe some teams will continue on to some end point, some not. I really don't think there is no way there will be any form of a  post season this year. 

I know everyone wants football and season to not just begin but to continue. The issue I see is the continuing, just don't see it.

14 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Guess we should expect these topics to not get derailed? Its gonna happen. Just hope they keep both sides of arguement neutered and not just one.

Oh trust me; both sides of the discussion have been "neutered" at various points...... Love that word :) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Suspend or cancel?? it looks like all attempts will be made to play some games, but as I think I mentioned months ago this will be too big of an problem to manage state wide, so maybe some teams will continue on to some end point, some not. I really don't think there is no way there will be any form of a  post season this year. 

I know everyone wants football and season to not just begin but to continue. The issue I see is the continuing, just don't see it.

I agree completely here......every team will try to get as far into the season as they can, and see what happens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howe said:

Interesting how this meme is permitted yet when video evidence of Dr. Fauci stating the coronavirus is no threat to Americans and advising people to not wear masks is posted the video's are removed.

I was correct. The total is 29.

14 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

I wouldn't necessarily call it stupid....just missplaced !

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

OG=Old Guy

Watch it there I_O !!!  ( ;

Edited by dazed and confused

13 hours ago, psaboy said:

I want football and a return to normalcy as much as anyone does.  But I also know we are in a serious crisis right now, and we have to do all in our power to stop it.   All of these cancellations and postponements (St. Louis Cardinals, MAC football)  didn’t just come on a whim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

I want football and a return to normalcy as much as anyone does.  But I also know we are in a serious crisis right now, and we have to do all in our power to stop it.   All of these cancellations and postponements (St. Louis Cardinals, MAC football)  didn’t just come on a whim.

Whether we want to admit it or not, it's all about the money, money, money.   

While the MAC has canceled its fall season due to health and safety, there were also financial concerns as the conference was hit hard by the Big Ten's decision to play conference-only games this season. There were 11 Big Ten vs. MAC nonconference games scheduled in 2020 with payouts to MAC schools set to approach nearly $11 million in those games alone. Games against other Power Five schools were also canceled, leaving just five "money" games for the entire league.

Many athletic departments count on those big-money games against Power Five opponents to cover operating costs each season. Additionally, private COVID-19 testing is expensive and even abiding by the minimum standard of one test per week could cost programs significant sums of money over the course of a season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mac-becomes-first-fbs-conference-to-cancel-2020-college-football-season-for-the-fall/

It's my understanding that the MAC is keeping its athletes on campus and continuing workouts until school starts.  I'm looking for a news source confirming that, but if true, that is an interesting decision "for the health and safety" of the athletes.  

• Like 3

Most of the non Power 5 conferences are shutting down not because of health concerns, people need to quit  lying to themselves.  They are shutting down because it would cost them more to run the season than they would make, better to have no profit than be in the red.  They are using the health reason to make them look good.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Howe said:

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mac-becomes-first-fbs-conference-to-cancel-2020-college-football-season-for-the-fall/

It's my understanding that the MAC is keeping its athletes on campus and continuing workouts until school starts.  I'm looking for a news source confirming that, but if true, that is an interesting decision "for the health and safety" of the athletes.  

41 minutes ago, Julio said:

Most of the non Power 5 conferences are shutting down not because of health concerns, people need to quit  lying to themselves.  They are shutting down because it would cost them more to run the season than they would make, better to have no profit than be in the red.  They are using the health reason to make them look good.

What is it that has turned the American public so cynical? Nothing is taken at face value anymore. There is no “benefit of the doubt.” Anything unpleasant becomes the product of an ulterior motive or hidden agenda. Any less than desirable outcome is evidence of a sinister conspiracy. It must be downright uncomfortable living in some of your heads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

What is it that has turned the American public so cynical? Nothing is taken at face value anymore. There is no “benefit of the doubt.” Anything unpleasant becomes the product of an ulterior motive or hidden agenda. Any less than desirable outcome is evidence of a sinister conspiracy. It must be downright uncomfortable living in some of your heads.

It is referred to as common sense.

• Haha 1

For me it is not cynical, my brother in law is a pitching  coach at Laney College in California and my sister works at the University of Wisconsin at Madison in the  athletic Department.  Both of them keep me updated on what is going on with there sports and the university.

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

Are you asking this seriously or cheek in tongue because it’s pretty obvious that depending upon which television station you watch, “expert” you listen to or social media accounts you follow, you’re getting tons of mixed messages which makes it difficult for many people to make educated decisions.

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Are you asking this seriously or cheek in tongue because it’s pretty obvious that depending upon which television station you watch, “expert” you listen to or social media accounts you follow, you’re getting tons of mixed messages which makes it difficult for many people to make educated decisions.

That’s a cop out. The media respond to public sentiment: their customers. If people didn’t want it, it wouldn’t sell.

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That’s a cop out. The media respond to public sentiment: their customers. If people didn’t want it, it wouldn’t sell.

Oh, people want “it” and we both know what “it” is, correct?  

FEAR and DOOM sells...

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Of course it’s about the money.

”Greed, for the lack of a better word, is good”

—Gordon Gekko

Edited by Gipper

45 minutes ago, Bobref said:

86% THINK MAINSTREAM MEDIA DIVISIVE

https://factnotfiction.media/2020/08/06/86-think-mainstream-media-divisive/

A Knight Foundation/Gallup poll released this week showed that 86% of Americans believe that there is a “great deal” or a “fair amount” of political bias in the mainstream media. This is 25% points higher than the same poll taken in 2007.

78% of Democrats and 94% of Republicans, believe that there is at least some bias in the media.

84% assign the media either a ‘great deal‘ (48%) or a ‘moderate amount‘ (36%) of blame for political division.

The poll noted when respondents were asked about their views of media outlets they distrust:

-79% of poll respondents said those outlets were “trying to persuade people to adopt a certain viewpoint.

-When news is inaccurate, 54% of Americans think it’s because reporters are “misrepresenting the facts,” while

-28% assume they’re “making them up entirely.

Does any of this surprise with the recent revelations outlined in the open letters from former MSNBC producer Ariana Pekary former NY Times op-ed contributor Bari Weiss. 

41 minutes ago, Howe said:

A Knight Foundation/Gallup poll released this week showed that 86% of Americans believe that there is a “great deal” or a “fair amount” of political bias in the mainstream media. This is 25% points higher than the same poll taken in 2007.

78% of Democrats and 94% of Republicans, believe that there is at least some bias in the media.

84% assign the media either a ‘great deal‘ (48%) or a ‘moderate amount‘ (36%) of blame for political division.

The poll noted when respondents were asked about their views of media outlets they distrust:

-79% of poll respondents said those outlets were “trying to persuade people to adopt a certain viewpoint.

-When news is inaccurate, 54% of Americans think it’s because reporters are “misrepresenting the facts,” while

Does any of this surprise with the recent revelations outlined in the open letters from former MSNBC producer Ariana Pekary former NY Times op-ed contributor Bari Weiss. 

I would tend to agree.  It seems that the Republicans and Democrats love to spread fear and panic, whereas the sensible one seem to be the Libertarians (See Dr. Ron Paul's facebook page.

Let's hope sanity and information rules the day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Howe said:

so.... based on your stats....a good deal of us are skeptical about what you just posted....

• Haha 1