Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southwood is NOW IN!!!!

Good for south wood but this just proves USA is a freaking mess with covid and now I see why it’s out of control

there are so many exceptions and loopholes no one knows what’s going on.

you have the have and have nots. Nick saban taking 3 consecutive test to coach a game, then random sick people can’t get tested and lose 14 days of income

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Not so fast! Southwood is now testing their varsity players and will be able to play Friday if all tests come back negative.

C070C8D8-C162-4148-AA4D-931DDB3833BD.jpeg

Does anyone have any information / details on the testing service they used?

39 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Awesome for southwood but wouldn't it had made more sense to test 1st then say you aren't playing?  Little unfair to tell a team on a Tuesday that they have friday off then oops we can play tomorrow.     

My understanding is this player tested positive but they suspected it may not be valid so they did a different test and he's now tested negative. The first test was a false positive. Many of these tests were developed very quickly and not completely validated so there will be false results. My question is how do they not know the first test was accurate and the second test is not?

Yeah, I don’t like the public announcement of canceling and then being back in.  First announcement probably should’ve been “canceled, pending Covid test results.”  But I’m also going to guess that a whole bunch of parents got involved and were not going to allow their kids’ season to be over.  My guess is this won’t be the only time this happens in the next 6 weeks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrcsage said:

Yeah, I don’t like the public announcement of canceling and then being back in.  First announcement probably should’ve been “canceled, pending Covid test results.”  But I’m also going to guess that a whole bunch of parents got involved and were not going to allow their kids’ season to be over.  My guess is this won’t be the only time this happens in the next 6 weeks!

Bingo.  And I hope it doesn't come at a horrible price.

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Good for south wood but this just proves USA is a freaking mess with covid and now I see why it’s out of control

Its "out of control" because of misinformation, scare tactics and continuing to test, test and test people who aren't sick.  Dumbest policy ever enacted. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I just hope this upcoming Southfield vs. Northfield game, or any game for that matter,  turns out to be a super-spreader event.  

Yes because playing football has resulted in SO many kids catching the sniffles.

Has there been a documented case ANYWHERE in the state of Indiana this fall, of any player catching zee virus by playing football?  Anyone?  Didn't think so. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Yes because playing football has resulted in SO many kids catching the sniffles.

Has there been a documented case ANYWHERE in the state of Indiana this fall, of any player catching zee virus by playing football?  Anyone?  Didn't think so. 

I would be truly interested in any challenge to DJ’s...err....Phil Lee’s observations that anyone might be able to specifically document.  Even more so, I’d be interested as to any of those cases that exceeded a flu, at worst, or a common cold.

In the case of some here, I’d expect some REALLY hard documentation....since some seem to revel in COVID....and the subsequent politics unfortunately surrounding it.

22 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Nice, hopefully Southwood can advance on as well as my Flying Jets for a good sectional final battle.

Am sure that’s the way the Jets want it.  To be the best u gotta beat the best.  Great news for both Southwood and AC

12 hours ago, PhilLee said:

I agree...the right and the left have us scared.

You and Dr. Ron Paul on the same page.

This tournament will finish...you either win my score or attrition...how it should be.

• Disdain 1