Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Young Coaches In the State

6 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

What happened to Jasper 2002 graduate Brian Lewis (All State RB, last class Jerry Brewer coached) after he turned Evansville Harrison around for a few years. Is he only teaching now or on the staff as an assistant someplace? 

AD at Jasper I think

I don’t believe anyone has mentioned Chris Skinner at Andrean. Class of 2006 so he must be 31-32 years old. 
Fantastic coach who just won his first Regional. Also a fantastic educator. He doesn’t teach PE. He has multiple sections of freshmen Honors Biology along with AP Biology. I have heard from multiple kids who have returned home from their freshmen year of college to retrieve their high school biology notes to get them through their first college level biology classes. 
As an Andrean grad, I hope he sticks around to teach many more 59ers biology, and if he wants to coach football, that’s a bonus for us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ratball said:

I don’t believe anyone has mentioned Chris Skinner at Andrean. Class of 2006 so he must be 31-32 years old. 
Fantastic coach who just won his first Regional. Also a fantastic educator. He doesn’t teach PE. He has multiple sections of freshmen Honors Biology along with AP Biology. I have heard from multiple kids who have returned home from their freshmen year of college to retrieve their high school biology notes to get them through their first college level biology classes. 
As an Andrean grad, I hope he sticks around to teach many more 59ers biology, and if he wants to coach football, that’s a bonus for us. 

I am incredibly bias, but very much agree with all of this.   

though for 48 minutes in 2020 I am coming for him!!!!   😎

On 11/15/2019 at 1:14 PM, Knightmare said:

Are there any great young coaches in the HCC, MIC, or Mid-State that could be moving into a job this off season as a Head Coach?

I thought Ralston Evans would be a great head coach one day.. he was our JV Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator and Varsity OL coach.. former player at Indiana University.. Man he had our O-line rolling but left for the University of Illinois before the start of this season.. heck of a young man and cared about the kids a lot heard nothing but great things about him

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

That's odd.  He didn't look that old when I saw him on Wheel Of Fortune.

It was the make-up and the lighting. 😄

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

It was the make-up and the lighting. 😄

Lord, I apologize for that.

I really couldn't make out his face with all that bling on his hand.  🤣

Shaun Zoladz Hobart's Defensive Coordinator 

I come at this from a different perspective since I coached with him. In an honest attempt to come across as non bias here. Coach Zoladz is one of the hardest working coaches I have ever seen, and he is one of smartest coaches I have ever seen. Most important he is a tremendous mentor and role model for any kid his attitude and professionalism rub off and produce the Hobart D your seeing now. 

• Like 1

Cant help but seeing this thread. Best young coach in the state is by far our warriors k.c woods! Probably best coach in the state behind that new pal boy. Woods has done a hell of a job here with our warriors! 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, 1st_and_10 said:

Justin Pelley... Not sure what defines "young"... In his 7th year as a HC.  

Ill second this as well. Those stars have been rollin! Hell of a coach and has built an amazing program. 

I'll brag on my boss and good friend for a moment. 

35 year old Jeff Smock at Lebanon has done a lot in his 3 years at the helm at Lebanon.  Records don't show just how much he has accomplished in grooming these boys into good young men.  Sure we had 6 losses this year, but 5 of those were to eventual sectional champs.  The other to a very tough Tri-West team (Who has a great young coach that just took over of their own -- Ward).  

Smock has beaten Zionsville, which is an incredible feat here at Lebanon, and this year took our Tigers to a sectional championship appearance which hasn't happened in 22 years with a good win over Western.  He sits now at 17-14 at Lebanon playing against some tough competition, especially in non-conference play with Zville and Mooresville.  

He led a team to play against Roncalli while playing just 2 Seniors!  The game was somewhat closer than the 34-14 final score showed, but he never stopped coaching and encouraging his young team.  

Lastly and most importantly.  He has brought the football collective GPA up to an astonishing 3.1.  I won't mention where it was before, but we'll just say this was a HUGE LEAP of improvement, and it's a direct reflection of his leadership he brings to the team and his awesome character building.  

Hat's off to ya Smock.  Keep Grinding!  

9 hours ago, jimsinchur said:

Cant help but seeing this thread. Best young coach in the state is by far our warriors k.c woods! Probably best coach in the state behind that new pal boy. Woods has done a hell of a job here with our warriors! 

Ill second this as well. Those stars have been rollin! Hell of a coach and has built an amazing program. 

I would agree with your 2nd statement.  LOL.  I don't have anything bad to say about KC... I'd just take my guy over yours.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Joey Paridaen at Evansville North.

The Huskies really improved a lot this year and, from what I hear, Paridaen deserves a lot of the credit for instilling a culture of commitment and accountability.  WR Dylan McKinney was one of the best players in Southwestern Indiana.

Paridaen guided Eastern Greene to an appearance in the state finals a couple years ago.  Keep an eye on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AG said:

Only in his early 30s, has a record of 52-3 in four seasons, and has two blue rings and a red ring.

Also had Jack Kizer lol... but really Berry has done a great job and continued the success that Johnson started at that program.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:18 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Lafayette Jeff:  Pat Shanley, early 30's 

LCC's DC:  Max Goodin should be an excellent HC at some point 

North Judson:  Brett Lambert :  1st year HC, Sectional Champion 

Curt Funk:  Mississenwa :  Not sure if he is considered "young" but to me he is!! 

K.C. Woods:  Danville:   Could see him eventually down the road getting into the MIC or HCC 

Shane Fry :  West Lafayette:  body of work is very impressive 

Joe O'Connell:  River Forest:   Watched River on film this year, they are starting to get their identity as well as @Bobref stated as well with Hanover Central.   Both guys were together at M'ville for long time 

I am sure all these guys are very happy at their current spots.  Just giving some love to some who earned it. 

I heard today and saw on LCC's twitter that their DC Max Goodin got picked up somewhere else. Does anyone know where he is moving to after two years with Coach Nay and LCC? 

Rob Doyle - in his 3 years as a Head Coach, he has won 2 Sectionals, 2 Regionals, 1 Semi-State and a State Championship....and, arguably, put together one of Chatard’s historically best teams.

......and, BTW, all the while,  being an active principal in a long-standing Indy law firm with his name over the door.

He doesn’t carry a 6 shooter, though......seems a Millennial “thing”.

Just thought I would add some perspective.....

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1