Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Suspended or cancelled season

41 minutes ago, Temptation said:

This wreaks of a “business decision” on Warren’s part.  The recent story said they had ONE JV player in quarantine and my source says they have “a few” JV players in quarantine.

You're telling me that a school of 3700 can’t field enough healthy players to play a game?  Give me a break.  CG was set to hang 30+ on them and they bailed while using the kids’ “safety” as a smoke screen.  

This is a 1A type move, not big/bad Warren who used to take on all comers.  A true sign of the times...

Akin to Akron claiming mechanical failure on their bus ride to Ohio State...

Fine, you don't care for WC's decision, but no need to malign an entire class of Indiana football over your disdain.

I can think of several 1A teams who would play anyone on their schedule ... even if they had only 10 players. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Fine, you don't care for WC's decision, but no need to malign an entire class of Indiana football over your disdain.

I can think of several 1A teams who would play anyone on their schedule ... even if they had only 10 players. 

That’s my point.  Even in the case Warren has a dozen players quarantined, (I’m being generous), I’m willing to bet that is easily less than 10 percent of their roster.

7 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Warren Central has cancelled their week 1 game against Center Grove as they have too many coaches and players in quarantine. 

It is what it is. If people cannot social distance and use all precautions, games will be cancelled and seasons will be shut down. 

It’s more than that.  More people will come down with it, social distancing or not.  

5 hours ago, Temptation said:

That’s my point.  Even in the case Warren has a dozen players quarantined, (I’m being generous), I’m willing to bet that is easily less than 10 percent of their roster.

I was told only 40 of the 80 players on their roster were at their intersquad scrimmage last Saturday. That's a lot more than a dozen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustRules said:

I was told only 40 of the 80 players on their roster were at their intersquad scrimmage last Saturday. That's a lot more than a dozen.

ALL quarantined?  Not buying it.

16 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I currently reside in Frankfort, Indiana. Many in this community do struggle to makes ends meet.  According to the latest Indiana DOE data 78.4% of student are classified as "economically disadvantaged"  (I assume this percentage is derived from the number of students on free/reduced lunches and or textbooks).    Some have to make the choice between sports or helping to provide for their families.  Others may have a secure roof over their heads and food on the table, but little else.  A part time job goes a long way to provide those things that the children in more affluent communities take for granted, and allows them the luxury of participating in an extra-curricular endeavor like tackle football.

Athletes = rules followers.  Non-athletes = rule breakers.  Got it.

It took me a bit to find the words to respond to you...cause it's sad that's all you got out of my post. 

I was simply responding to that dudes story... basically saying that athletes could do everything right and it still wouldn't matter. 

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

ALL quarantined?  Not buying it.

Lol

13 hours ago, foxbat said:

There is taking a risk, and then there is reckless.

50 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

It took me a bit to find the words to respond to you...cause it's sad that's all you got out of my post. 

I was simply responding to that dudes story... basically saying that athletes could do everything right and it still wouldn't matter. 

Welcome to the Real World.

16 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Lol you advocate for that however football can’t be socially distanced see the problem they are facing?

What do you mean? That doesn't matter if coaches and players use social distancing and take necessary precautions outside of football. Problem is people don't do that, they contract it from a vacation, party, a family member who has it, or in public and then they bring it in to practice. We've said from the start that it would take extreme measures and precautions if these coaches and players want to have a football season. I know of some teams that are doing what it takes and have had no issues, so it is possible.

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

What do you mean? That doesn't matter if coaches and players use social distancing and take necessary precautions outside of football. Problem is people don't do that, they contract it from a vacation, party, a family member who has it, or in public and then they bring it in to practice. We've said from the start that it would take extreme measures and precautions if these coaches and players want to have a football season. I know of some teams that are doing what it takes and have had no issues, so it is possible.

The problem is the  asymptomatic spread which means everything they are trying to do is an effort in futility 

4 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Lol

I've got boots on the ground.  This WC decision has been weeks in the making...embarrassing for them honestly.

28 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I've got boots on the ground.  This WC decision has been weeks in the making...embarrassing for them honestly.

You can take all precautions and tells kids what to do.  But if they do not heed the advice that is the result.

I am surprised there is not more in larger cities

My guess is that there are asymptomatic Covid-19 positive kids on the majority of practice fields in the state...and the vast majority of those teams will complete the football season this year and their schools will remain open.  I will coin some of you "Zero Casers" from this day forward.  Protocols, risk and case management are the name of the game....not elimination.

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

The problem is the  asymptomatic spread which means everything they are trying to do is an effort in futility 

Which the CDC came out and said a few weeks ago isn't very prevalent. 

And the WHO said the same thing months ago.

If asymptomatic spread isn't much of a thing, then it would blow the whole hysteria out of the water in 10 minutes. 

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

• Disdain 1

I agree about the asymptomatic spread. While it may be rare, I can see why people would be concerned about it. It will take some serious dedication from the student athletes and coaches to avoid any family/friends that have symptoms, avoid social gatherings and vacations, and to go out in public as little as possible. But it can be done. Then the spread at practice/games does not pose as much of a threat. If teams are doing it right at practice, players should be divided into small groups and stations. No drill or gathering should last more than 10-15 minutes to minimize exposure. And if/when players test positive, they are quarantined for the necessary amount of time and exposure to others was minimized because of the practice layout. If all of this is done correctly and cases are addressed quickly, teams should not have to cancel many, if any, games during the season. It would come down to being able to field a full team of healthy players on a week-to-week basis. There will continue to be positive cases among kids whether there is football or not. And I will continue to live and die by the opinion that kids will be less likely to get it if they are being screened and held accountable by football every day.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, TheStatGuy said:

France isn't communist, England isn't communist and Canada isn't communist. They shut down and it seems their slowly getting back to life. They have freedoms like we do. We just didn't treat this seriously sooner. 

no. France is having renewed problems https://www.france24.com/en/20200811-french-pm-warns-covid-19-infection-rate-headed-in-wrong-direction-public-becoming-careless  and may end up going back to total lockdown.

England is in a record breaking recession

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

England is in a record breaking recession

Under a Tory PM, nonetheless.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, Titan32 said:

I think you got the point.  You can't enforce anything in our free country as effectively as say a communist regime can.  Given our freedoms...we can't really even do a shutdown very well.  We are going to have to learn to work with protocols and keep pretty much every aspect of society going.  We have that freedom of choice to stay home and in most cases to do virtual education.  

NZ has their first case in over three months a few days ago, and they aren’t “communist”.

4 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Under a Tory PM, nonetheless.

NZ has their first case in over three months a few days ago, and they aren’t “communist”.

NZ has 4.8 million residents.  The US has 328.2 Million.  Indiana has 6.2 Million.

10 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Your point being?

That it is a heck of a lot easier for NZ!  And somehow folks to may comment to mean only communist countries have been successful.  That isn't what I said.