Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Postseason cancellations

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

The same dudes that are saying we won't have a tournament are the same guys that got on here and proclaimed without equivocation...we WILL NOT finish regular season.  I know where I will place my bet. 

Thank you. 

• Disdain 1

If thinking logically about the situation one would realize that the number of teams playing will 1/2 every week from here on out. As the number active players decreases the likelihood of disruption to the tournament decreases proportionally.  

You don’t have to comprehend Zenos paradox nor apply basic statistics.... just 7th grade math.  I assume most posters made it through middle school but perhaps not. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

If thinking logically about the situation one would realize that the number of teams playing will 1/2 every week from here on out. As the number active players decreases the likelihood of disruption to the tournament decreases proportionally.  

You don’t have to comprehend Zenos paradox nor apply basic statistics.... just 7th grade math.  I assume most posters made it through middle school but perhaps not. 

I’d imagine the deeper into the postseason you go, the more teams will try to isolate themselves in school. And I can’t imagine a kid on a contending team actually getting tested in the coming weeks. 

43 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

I’d imagine the deeper into the postseason you go, the more teams will try to isolate themselves in school. And I can’t imagine a kid on a contending team actually getting tested in the coming weeks. 

It’s the contact tracing that is hurting teams throughout the year.

If you got rid of contact tracing we wouldn’t be having near the cancellations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

48 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Yeah, I always thought Zemo was one of Captain America’s most puzzling adversaries.

I thought it was something that Coors tried to unsuccessfully push on the masses.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I thought it was something that Coors tried to unsuccessfully push on the masses.

Yeah, I had written that I always enjoyed his wine coolers (if that is what they were - they were a malt beverage) but I thought I was afraid of getting even more obscure - so I edited it out.

17 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I thought she was a warrior princess. 

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Yeah, I always thought Zemo was one of Captain America’s most puzzling adversaries.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

As my late father always said  "When you play with fire you get burned."

Obviously athletic glory is more important than overall safety at Southwood H.S. and the MSD of Wabash County.

What is unsafe about a HS football team who all just got tested and came back negative?    

For a guy who champions PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND FREEDOM you sure have a different tune on this particular issue but my guess your being purposefully obtuse 

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

What is unsafe about a HS football team who all just got tested and came back negative?    

For a guy who champions PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND FREEDOM you sure have a different tune on this particular issue but my guess your being purposefully obtuse 

https://www.clinicaloncology.com/COVID-19/Article/07-20/False-Negatives-Found-If-COVID-19-Testing-Done-Too-Soon/58781

16 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

You know you could do the same Google search and find where false positives would also fit a narrative as well

Then by all means provide your links to fit your narrative.

Do you want the children at Southwood and Northfield high schools to be safe and not contract covid-19?

I am reliably informed that Hammond Clark has canceled its sectional game with River Forest. No other information available to me at this point. Ironically, this would (likely) have been Clark’s last game ... ever, as the school is consolidating next year.

Edited by Bobref