Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Regional Championship Scores

13 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Valpo has lost only one game in two years - to a two-time state champion team at Lucas Oil. I've long believed they were the top 5A team in the north (and 2/3 were Dwenger/Zionsville). 

Very debatable indeed.

Elkhart up on Merrillville 24-21 with 6 and change remaining.

8 hours ago, BTF said:

Second best team in 5a just bit the dust. This game was more of a head scratcher than than when the Saints lost to Homestead. 

Very debatable there.  But then in 5A this year it's never mattered because whoever the 2nd best 5A team is can't stay within 4 scores of Cathedral.

11 hours ago, Gipper said:

Both Elkhart-Merrillville and Mishawaka-Valparaiso are very close. To channel my inner @DT, these four schools would be the cornerstone of one hell of a league...

Disapointed to see Andrean lose   I felt they had the best chance to go all the way this year.  

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

Shouldn't there be a running clock on Homestead game at this point??

There would have been if Coach Gilbert hadn't played reserves the entire 4th quarter. I expected this to be a Westfield win, playing at home, maybe by two scores. Westfield even did this without their best all around player, running back, linebacker, and kick returner Micha Hauser, out with an ankle injury suffered in the sectional final against Fishers. He did warm up pregame, but fortunately was not needed. They never punted, scoring on every possession but two. A holding call at the Homestead 3 yard line kept them out of the endzone in the second quarter. After an incomplete pass, the field goal try was no good, due to a poor hold. The only other non scoring possession was by the reserves in the 4th quarter. QB Maximus Webster had another stellar game, throwing 4 touchdown passes and running for two more. Westfield put up 450 yards of total offense. Next week, they get to make the long trip to Merrillville 

24 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Horrible coaching and sloppy play. One of the worst losses in Andrean history.

I have watched Pioneer from afar, for years.

Our crew had one of Pioneer's games this year.

What I watched from afar, proved me correct.  Pioneer is disciplined.  They do not beat themselves.  They know exactly what to do on every single play and they do not panic.  They just play.

Year in and year out, Pioneer may not have "Kisers, Lewellans, Gregoriches", but their kids and coaches just seem to control what they can control, compete and let the chips fall where they may.

I know Andrean had a really good year, likely not good enough for their standards, but Pioneer had a lot to do with the outcome of this game. 

Good luck to Pioneer as you move on.

Congratulations to Andrean on your season.

Best wishes to all.

10 minutes ago, DE said:

I have watched Pioneer from afar, for years.

Our crew had one of Pioneer's games this year.

What I watched from afar, proved me correct.  Pioneer is disciplined.  They do not beat themselves.  They know exactly what to do on every single play and they do not panic.  They just play.

Year in and year out, Pioneer may not have "Kisers, Lewellans, Gregoriches", but their kids and coaches just seem to control what they can control, compete and let the chips fall where they may.

I know Andrean had a really good year, likely not good enough for their standards, but Pioneer had a lot to do with the outcome of this game. 

Good luck to Pioneer as you move on.

Congratulations to Andrean on your season.

Best wishes to all.

Respectfully, I disagree completely. The Lewellans are great players and carried their team last night. That being said, anyone watching that game could see that Andrean beat themselves way more than Pioneer beat them. Refusing to throw the ball on the outside when it was obvious that Pioneer was having a hard time covering, while instead running the ball directly into a 7-man box repeatedly has to be some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. The fake punt call was laughable. Horrible turnovers. One of the worst defensive game plans I’ve ever seen. They started moving the ball at will when they finally decided to start passing, only for our genius coach to call a double move into off double coverage when Pioneer was just trying to protect the end zone. Feel bad for the kids, even though they didn’t play their best, they were still in a position to win at the end, and their coaches squandered it.