Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best hs player you've seen in person

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Jeff Samardzija, Jamaal Williams (Merrillville, Nebraska,Redskins), Tom Jelesky.

Jamaal Williams was a dominating RB for Merrillville. He ended up starting at Safefy for one of the best college defenses of all time, the '94 or '95 Nebraska team that annihilated Florida. I think one of the DL on that Nebraska D was from Lake Central.

14 hours ago, Temptation said:

Too young so I missed the Rod Woodson era in Fort Wayne.  Would have loved to see him play.  Assume he was a 2-way player, no?  I know he was also a nationally hurdler in track and field.

I saw Rod play numerous times. I think I recall he scored a TD on an INT, punt return and kickoff return, plus had a rushing or receiving TD in one game. Now this would have been almost 40 years ago, so I may be adding one that may not have happened??

33 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Jamaal Williams was a dominating RB for Merrillville. He ended up starting at Safefy for one of the best college defenses of all time, the '94 or '95 Nebraska team that annihilated Florida. I think one of the DL on that Nebraska D was from Lake Central.

Jared Tomich is the DL. 92 grad of LC. 

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I only saw Jaylon Smith as Frosh/Soph

Kyle Adams QB West Lafayette is the toughest QB I have coached against.  

Nick Zachary is the toughest Running QB I have coached against 

George Karlaftis is the toughest Defensive Player I have coached against 

Danny Anthrop was the toughest running back I coached against 

Martin Brothers at Chatard was the toughest OL i have coached against (if summer Team Camp counts) 

2 of my best players I have coached:  QB Jake Kiger and DE Austin Fleming 

Jake man.

He could throw a bomb for a td, run one in, kick a 40 yard field goal. I don't know if he returned kick returns or punt returns. If he did, he could return one each. Great player and solid dude. 

Fleming. I watched you guys 3 times that year both LCC games and at state. That play he made against Mater Dei is something I won't forget.... What a motor!. His senior year in bball he showed up in sectional final with some big buckets, he just couldn't hang with one of our sophomores that year (luke pugh). They made us earn that sectional title! (Still cant believe claussen missed that free throw). Talked to his dad a couple times. Nice guy. 

8 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

1291cf12dcacf717366e6c36d3e607dc.jpg

What about this guy!?

Dude was a legend in Idaho. He had one of the fastest releases ever and I heard he had a rocket for an arm. Sources say he could throw the pigskin a quarter mile. Some people believed he could throw it over mountains. Brett Favre's and Patrick Mahomes' arms have nothing on his.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Hes tied with Jackson Anthrop. 

Slightly behind Jacob Kiger and Danny Anthrop. 

I was a big fan of Danny, but Jack is the best player I've ever seen at the 1A level, hands down.

12 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Thanks. I wanted to mention a RB that played against Snider in the 92' semi-state but couldn't recall the name. It was Jamaal Williams. He was a beast. Not sure how Snider held that team to 7 points. 

James Banks was probably the best player that I ever saw in person.  Rex Grossman was pretty good  too.  I didn't see him play in person, but saw some video of Sheridan great Brett Law (wow!!) Former North Central RB Lars Tate was very impressive too.... Went to Georgia and was the Hiesman runner up.

Here is a pretty good list from Lincoln City:

Bruce King  Kansas City Chiefs

Chris Sigler  Ottawa Rough Riders CFL

Ken Dilger  Indianapolis Colts

Jade Winchell  Ball State University  (NFL talent derailed by concussions)

Jon Goldsberry  Buffalo Bills

Jay Cutler  Denver Broncos

Cole Seifrig   Miami Marlins  (NFL talent, drafted 5th round out of high school Miami Marlins)

Not bad for a small school in southern Indiana.  

• Like 2

In Evansville I would say Levron Williams and Deke Cooper are at the top of my list in the 90's.  Also saw Zach Martin for Chatard in 2008 and prayed the kid who got Beetle Bailey'ed by him all night wouldn't be permanently injured and lose his commission to West Point. 

• Haha 1