Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

21-22 DOE Enrollments

Just now, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Exactly - what will happen instead is Classes 1A-4A will end up less than 64 classes to adjust. Class 6A and 5A have to have a minimum of 32 classes each (outside of last year's COVID debacle)

Yeah I don’t think the players and coaches that had double-byes in 6A this year would like to do that again. I feel like that would be universal across the board. Two weeks off is too long, especially when everyone else is only off for one week.

27 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Yes that is definitely another option that works. I find it hard to split up Carmel, Zionsville, Westfield. But again, there will have to be cutoffs somewhere. It will be interesting for the North.

Just can't believe there will be this long of a wait until we see these announced. Not sure what the hold up is.

They have a realignment committee that goes over the maps and assigns the tournament sites. It takes time to get the committees organized. Also, there are multiple sports to have to deal with and with the way the IHSAA now does classes, it means a completely different map for each sport (it used to be, baseball/softball/boys hoops/girls hoops/volleyball were all classified together, but now, each sport is classified separately and you have one or two schools that are, for example, 3A in boys hoops and 2A in girls hoops because of the enrollment cutoffs being different because not all schools offer girls basketball). 

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah I don’t think the players and coaches that had double-byes in 6A this year would like to do that again. I feel like that would be universal across the board. Two weeks off is too long, especially when everyone else is only off for one week.

I can guarantee you Warsaw was not a fan of going 21 days between playing games, and it was obvious watching their first half of the game against Carroll.

2 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I can guarantee you Warsaw was not a fan of going 21 days between playing games, and it was obvious watching their first half of the game against Carroll.

Exactly. I knew it wasn’t going to matter for Columbus North regardless. Nobody in that sectional was stopping Center Grove. I definitely felt for Warsaw. It essentially ruined the momentum from their great regular season

9 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

I only have 4A-6A done so far, but here's the map for those who want to take their own stab at figuring out who goes where. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1O6J1oaoKWSgPWgPhsL7-eng1-_vqyqEr&usp=sharing

Call me crazy, but I feel like 5A North is pretty simple.

Sectional 9: Hammon Central, Hammond Morton, Merrillville, Munster
Sectional 10: Chesterton, LaPorte, Michigan City, Valparaiso
Sectional 11: Concord, Goshen, Mishawaka, SB Adams
Sectional 12: Anderson, FW Dwenger, FW North, FW Snider

5A South could have a few options:

Sectional 13: Decatur Central, Harrison (WL), McCutcheon, Plainfield
Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South
Sectional 15: Columbus East, Franklin, Seymour, Whiteland
Sectional 16: Castle, Evansville North, Floyd Central, New Albany

Sectional 13: Harrison (WL), McCutcheon, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South
Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Decatur Central, Plainfield

Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Franklin, Whiteland
Sectional 15: Columbus East, Floyd Central, New Albany, Seymour
Sectional 16: Castle, Evansville North, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South

9 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South

Looks accurate. Feel like Anderson could go south and either Harrison or McCutcheon could come up north, but the ihsaa will probably keep the Lafayette school together. Plus sending Anderson south sort of keeps things clean. The first batch of sectionals you have for the south would make the most sense to me. 5A actually seems like it’ll be pretty interesting this year. No team stands out as a clear favorite like the past couple of years. 

16 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

5A South really is like a Legos.  Lots of doubled pairs depending on how you want to connect them.  Castle/Ev North have been paired east (Floyd/New Albany) - North (TH North and South) and Northeast (Bloomington North/South) in the past.  I would assume Columbus East/Seymour and Franklin/Whiteland are pretty much matched sets as well.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

With the enrollment numbers posted, and the statement from the meeting notes of "Point totals from 2020-21 and the current school year will be used to determine Tournament Success Factor movement." (meaning Cathedral will get bumped up to 6A) - here is my stab at 6A Sectional assignments. The biggest issue? There are 9 schools north of U.S. Route 24, so at least 3 schools will have to be brought "north" to make up at least 3 of the sectional groupings. My guess? Obviously Lafayette Jeff, but also Westfield and Noblesville.

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff, Lake Central, Portage
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Westfield
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Noblesville, Northrop
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Zionsville

Sectional 5: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 6: Arsenal Tech, Perry Meridian, Southport, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Cathedral, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Franklin Central, Jeffersonville

The North Sectionals are all crazy now. No telling what the IHSAA will do. I like your effort. I was stumped up north. Geographically this makes sense in the south.

4 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

With 6A, it's a matter of trying to figure out what they're going to do with Jeff & the Fort Wayne-area schools. There are 9 schools in Northern Indiana, Jeff is on an island, and then six in the Hamilton County/Zionsville cluster. The south is pretty cut-and-dried. 

1: Lake Central, Portage, Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff
2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Carroll
3. Homestead, Northrop, Westfield, Noblesville
4: Carmel, Zionsville, HSE, Fishers

OR 
1: Lake Central, Portage, Crown Point, Elkhart
2: Penn, Warsaw, Northrop, Carroll
3: Homestead, Noblesville, HSE, Fishers
4: Westfield, Zionsville, Carmel, Lafayette Jeff

5: North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Cathedral
6: Pike, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Avon
7: Tech, Warren Central, Southport, Perry Meridian
8: Columbus North, Jeffersonville, Center Grove, Franklin Central

Like this one too

58 minutes ago, Julio said:

6A = 32 Teams

5A = All Left Over Teams

4A = 64 Teams

3A = 64 Teams

2A = 64 Teams

1A = 64 Teams

No. 

6A = 32 teams

5A = 32 teams (+ any leftovers if there are more than 320)

4A-1A = Leftover teams up to 64 per class. If there are not an equal number of schools, the smallest classes will get the extra teams. 

There are 317 football-playing schools, so 6A will have 32 teams, 5A will have 32. In a normal year, 4A-2A would have 63 each and 1A 64, but with the possibility of Success Factor drops, that may change. 

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, success factor points will be based on 2020 and 2021 football seasons. So teams that were already bumped up after 2020 cycle get the same points tacked on a second time? That hardly seems fair in the scope of things. 

It's not going to be perfect, but with a three-year cycle, everything got screwed up. Success was based on the last two years at the point of reclassification, so yes, Pioneer & Southridge get an extra year up (and New Pal moves down a year earlier than originally expected). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I would just be completely shocked if they break up the Fort Wayne schools, but I guess it is entirely possible.

LCC was 2A south this past season, so like you said, it's possible. 

38 minutes ago, foxbat said:

LCC was 2A south this past season, so like you said, it's possible. 

Not sure how LCC being in 2A South has anything to do with the 3 6A Fort Wayne schools being broken up? Are you just meeaning/saying that basically who knows what could happen because the IHSAA has done "random" stuff in the past?

5 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

With 6A, it's a matter of trying to figure out what they're going to do with Jeff & the Fort Wayne-area schools. There are 9 schools in Northern Indiana, Jeff is on an island, and then six in the Hamilton County/Zionsville cluster. The south is pretty cut-and-dried. 

1: Lake Central, Portage, Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff
2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Carroll
3. Homestead, Northrop, Westfield, Noblesville
4: Carmel, Zionsville, HSE, Fishers

OR 
1: Lake Central, Portage, Crown Point, Elkhart
2: Penn, Warsaw, Northrop, Carroll
3: Homestead, Noblesville, HSE, Fishers
4: Westfield, Zionsville, Carmel, Lafayette Jeff

5: North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Cathedral
6: Pike, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Avon
7: Tech, Warren Central, Southport, Perry Meridian
8: Columbus North, Jeffersonville, Center Grove, Franklin Central

I know that the IHSAA does not like to split up schools from the same district, but it could work to provide a change to sectional 7 and 8. Using the google maps and a more North and South approach you could have...

Sectional 7: Warren Central, Tech, Franklin Central, Southport

Sectional 8: Perry Meridian, Center Grove, Columbus North, Jeffersonville

I know this is highly unlikely, but it is a potential.

10 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Not sure how LCC being in 2A South has anything to do with the 3 6A Fort Wayne schools being broken up? Are you just meeaning/saying that basically who knows what could happen because the IHSAA has done "random" stuff in the past?

Yes Exactly GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Good old Frank DeSantis. Fire Up, Fire Up!!! He only gerrymandered the sectional because Bill Sharpe asked him to. 

Is that the whole truth?

19 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Good old Frank DeSantis. Fire Up, Fire Up!!! He only gerrymandered the sectional because Bill Sharpe asked him to. 

colonialism.  🙂

3 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

They have a realignment committee that goes over the maps and assigns the tournament sites. It takes time to get the committees organized. Also, there are multiple sports to have to deal with and with the way the IHSAA now does classes, it means a completely different map for each sport (it used to be, baseball/softball/boys hoops/girls hoops/volleyball were all classified together, but now, each sport is classified separately and you have one or two schools that are, for example, 3A in boys hoops and 2A in girls hoops because of the enrollment cutoffs being different because not all schools offer girls basketball). 

It's amazing to me that some states seem to be able to to it overnight and we decide to have committee after committee. 

2 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Truth? Why is that important?

It's just a crock of crap that two guys had that much influence over a tournament. 

43 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Yes Exactly GIFs | Tenor

Why would the IHSAA just do something randomly...because people like DeSantis and Sharpe have influence?  I know Sharpe is a great guy and people swear DeSantis is, but I've worked with principals and ADs a long time...they do what they want, when they want, how they want....my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

There was apparently some bad data. Have heard from several people the IHSAA is circulating a memo stating the enrollments posted have some discrepancies and are in the process of being corrected. 

The link is gone again.. They must be correcting it again... I've seen Monkey $#!t fights as the zoo more organized than this... As my friend @Donnie Bakersays, I swear to God I have.

• Haha 2